lolo34

portable generator?!

I found one of these before. No bloody idea what they are for, but they make good bait.

afaik they can give power to citys like cherno etc :) if you place it right it will light the whole damn town up pretty much at a night server...

at least, thats what i've heard :D

To my knowledge it's a hacked in item with no actual purpose. I would have hoped it could have been used, but we'll probably end up seeing the full result (and addition of this item) in standalone to allow for power in city's / personal bunkers.

As far as I am aware they don't legitimately exist and currently serve no purpose, Rocket has talked about implementing generators or something similar in the future though.

• Like 1

As far as I am aware they don't legitimately exist and currently serve no purpose, Rocket has talked about implementing generators or something similar in the future though.

I saw a suggestion about that somewhere on reddit, the ability to restore power to a town, causing it to light up in the sky around the map. Would be wicked.

Generators's huh? Never seen one in the DayZ Wiki and Dean Hall hasn't given any details on them.. so they must not exist. As Brailai says, they are just hacked in/scripted items that serve no purpose.

Edited by Saurik

I saw this on Cherno occupies 6 slots and saw many tents by the server

Edited by lolo34

Damn, so I found a Geny and cleared room in my bag to carry it round only to find out it isnt meant to be in the game, sad face....

Thought the ability to light up a town (or even single buildings) would be pretty cool.

It would be nice to have these as an extremely rare find, in the case of building bases in maps. Good way to keep power up, but looks like your gonna have to keep your tabs on dat jerrycan.

what are you an electrician?

Don't taze me...

• Like 2

Can someone tell me how to power one? I put it next to a fuel pump that says needs power, but it still says needs power. Halp plz?

There are no portable generators in vanilla dayz.

You'd be better off asking on the relevant forum for whichever mod/server you are playing on.

I've played on a non Epoch server and found one of these. They take up too much inventory space, though. If they don't have any use, I'll leave that one. It was on UK431.

Edited by Bernharde