MGreenwald

Honest question about bans, please serious responses....

Is it right to ban people for scripting? I cannot remember ever filling out a user agreement to what I can and cannot do in DayZ (i could be wrong and just dont remember) but if this is the case is it actually legal to ban players from the game. If no user agreement is present shouldnt it be completly legit to play the game in anyway including hacking, duping, ect.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure you ticked a user agreement when you installed Arma. DayZ is a mod of that so the same rules apply.

Also by installing Arma you agree to the End User License Agreement by default:

3. End Users Obligations

A. As a Subject to the Grant of License herein above, you may not, in whole

or in part, copy, duplicate, reproduce, translate, reverse-engineer,

modify, disassemble, decompile, derive source code, create derivative

works based on the Program, remove any proprietary notices or labels

from the Program or otherwise modify the Program without the prior

written consent of the Licensor.

Edited by Fraggle

You did accept a user agreement when launching/installing ARMA2, which DayZ is based upon. That agreement contains verbiage about not hacking/etc. This extends to everything ARMA2 including its mods.

So, you can remove DayZ entirely from the context of your question and simply focus on ARMA2/Bohemia Interactive when it comes to Global Bans.

If you're talking about admin level/community bans, it's just like you said -- there's no agreement. Therefore, you have no "rights" to do anything.

I know you're just trying to troll, but there's an answer for you.

Is it right to ban people for scripting?

Please serious responses

Something doesn't add up.

• Like 1

but if this is the case is it actually legal to ban players from the game.

I'm not aware of anyone that's been banned from playing the game for cheating. They can still load their copy of Arma2 and play as much as they like. They can still play online on many servers - even host their own games with their friends. They can still run any script or hack they like. Has anyone been banned from that?

Banned from playing online on servers that use BattleEye? That's a different matter. That's the only thing a cheater is banned from.

So, your question is actually: Is it OK to ban players for cheating from joining servers that voluntarily choose to use a 3rd party anti-cheat program?

I was just asking like i said before honest question. I saw someone complaining they got banned from a server for using a hacked weapon but I wasnt sure if they're is any right for them to ban the user, since he didnt agree to anything per server.

All -I- want to ask is..

The hell is an "honest question?"

Edit;

I was just asking like i said before honest question. I saw someone complaining they got banned from a server for using a hacked weapon but I wasnt sure if they're is any right for them to ban the user, since he didnt agree to anything per server.

If a game allows you to ban people, then SURELY it is allowed to do so.

Use that ball of grey matter inside of your head.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

All -I- want to ask is..

The hell is an "honest question?"

Guess I could've said it better, I was meaning i wasnt trying to troll it was a legit question.

Ban them. I believe they have the right to appeal. If they appeal provide any evidence you might have. If the moderators believe its enough to ban they the ban sticks. If its inadequate proof then the ban doesn't. In this case, if your not sure if they were definately a hacker then unban them and tell the team you did. If your sure the person was a hacker then tell the team you unbanned them, but don't actually unban them.

He failed to ask the obvious questions first: When did the server agree to provide any player with a free, unconditional, and unlimited right to play on their server?

Obvious answer: Never.

Does the owner of a server have any legal obligation that requires he allow anyone to play on his server at all?

Obvious answer: No. None at all whatsoever. Rather difficult to lose a "right" one never had to begin with.

The server is someone's home. If they allow you come in their home and play cards with your friends, he reserves the right to ask you leave at any time for any reason. Doesn't matter that you bought the deck of cards. You're still free to take your deck of cards and go play somewhere else.

Many young people seem to have a tough time with the concepts of "rights" and "privileges".

• Like 1

Is it right to ban people for scripting?

Dude, please. That's NOT what you were asking or what you were saying before. Using a hacked in weapon isn't scripting. Hacking a weapon in is.

The rest of your initial post is nothing but BS logic. This isn't a federal court.

Guess I could've said it better, I was meaning i wasnt trying to troll it was a legit question.

.. And the trolling continues.

/thread

He failed to ask the obvious questions first: When did the server agree to provide any player with a free, unconditional, and unlimited right to play on their server?

Obvious answer: Never.

Does the owner of a server have any legal obligation that requires he allow anyone to play on his server at all?

Obvious answer: No. None at all whatsoever. Rather difficult to lose a "right" one never had to begin with.

The server is someone's home. If they allow you come in their home and play cards with your friends, he reserves the right to ask you leave at any time for any reason. Doesn't matter that you bought the deck of cards. You're still free to take your deck of cards and go play somewhere else.

Many young people seem to have a tough time with the concepts of "rights" and "privileges".

We can only assume he's talking about global bans....

We can only assume he's talking about global bans....

Im confused. How can he be talking about a global ban. Server Admins can only issue a server ban and send the logs to BattleEye for them to issue a global ban.

Honestly Arma 2 was created for the military simutlation so scripts are allowed in arma 2, if you go into a multiplayer match and script it's a different story, but JUST scripting arma 2 is complely alowwed by BI.

interesting reply cur1er and i think that's what the OP was referring to. I'm 'prett new to the series, but i've seen lots of people using scripts in bids online of arma 2 co op and was told that was allowed.

I think what the OP is wondering is if scripting is allowed in arma 2, why is it not allowed in dayz. I'm guessing battleye is the answer though.

Can you imagine OP what the game would be like if they allowed scripting in dayz?

Specifics matter in discussions like these.

"Banned" - banned from what and by who and under what circumstances, exactly?

"Legal" - Governmental laws/ contractual rights (User Agreements) or "rules" (set by a users/server owners and admins/mod creators)?

Details matter.

interesting reply cur1er and i think that's what the OP was referring to. I'm 'prett new to the series, but i've seen lots of people using scripts in bids online of arma 2 co op and was told that was allowed.

I think what the OP is wondering is if scripting is allowed in arma 2, why is it not allowed in dayz. I'm guessing battleye is the answer though.

Can you imagine OP what the game would be like if they allowed scripting in dayz?

yeah, pretty much what it is now... lol

So to create DayZ which is a mod of Arma 2 it needed to alter the code to allow certain things to be put into the game. Why was this allowed and not banned? Either way, DayZ staff has stated numerous times that DayZ is just a mod that uses the Arma 2 game. You bought Arma 2, not DayZ remember. So on the topic of global bans, the players that get banned lose the ability to get on servers that have battle eye attatched to them limiting their online capabilitites. Is this right? I'm not sure. I know we all hate the script kids and hackers but what should happen is the player should be booted from the server until the detected program is not found anymore, they obviously say it works to catch and ban players why not just kick them until they are all cleared to go or suspend them for a specified time.

So to create DayZ which is a mod of Arma 2 it needed to alter the code to allow certain things to be put into the game. Why was this allowed and not banned? Either way, DayZ staff has stated numerous times that DayZ is just a mod that uses the Arma 2 game. You bought Arma 2, not DayZ remember. So on the topic of global bans, the players that get banned lose the ability to get on servers that have battle eye attatched to them limiting their online capabilitites. Is this right? I'm not sure. I know we all hate the script kids and hackers but what should happen is the player should be booted from the server until the detected program is not found anymore, they obviously say it works to catch and ban players why not just kick them until they are all cleared to go or suspend them for a specified time.

sounds like someone has been caught and doesn't want to admit it.