KZAQ666

The Finnish wishlist

First of all, thank you to everybody working on DayZ -this is one of the best things EVER happened to PC-gaming (and you can quote me on that one ;) )

But this is still alpha. Having logged some 70+ hours on Chernarus so far, the game has gotten quite boring even. So, me and my friends have come up with a few improvements and balancements to make the game even better.

1. Zombies

Currently (1.7) their mechanics are stupid. Everybody knows how they work, so I won´t explain that. Also I won´t comment known bugs or glitches. But this is how I think zombies should work:

-More different types of zombies. For example, "limpers" and "joggers" to make the game more varying. Maybe even a "seeker", a less-rotten zed who could see and smell you more easily and alert the rest.

-More zombies in the cities to make the game harder and to reduce PvP

-Zed percentages (or something like it):

10 % sprinters, 45 % joggers, 30% limpers or walkers, 15% gollums and crawlers. This in order to add variety and realism. Total zombie amount should be about 150% of the current numbers for the same reasons.

-Zed random direction running should be removed. I hope it is a bug indeed :) Also the way they die inside buildings when headshotted, short sprints seem, well, odd.

-Several wandering zombie hordes of maybe 20-200 individuals roaming from town to town. Would create hellish situations and add difficulty and hopefully reduce PvP. New zeds should NOT spawn inside the horde until it is completely destroyed and respawned. This is an important one, and I hope the servers and the engine could do it...

-Zombie spawning: zeds shouldn´t spawn when a player is nearby. Currently they may spawn 2 feet away only to see you instantly. Also it should be possible to completely clear an area of zeds.

-Add the occasional zed in the wilderness just for the shit of it :)

2. Weapons

As of 1.7, weapons are seriously easy to find. Even assault rifles seem to be just laying around :O

-Make all firearms at least twice more rare. This would greatly add challenge and realism while decreasing PvP.

-Make all firearms at least twice, maybe three times louder. Guns are LOUD, but these zeds seem to ignore many of them just a few feet away. Louder guns would immensely reduce PvP, especially inside cities, and add realism greatly. This is a biggie, and would dramatically alter the game.

-Make the Winchester less effective, make it fire pellets instead of slugs. It´s so powerful, silent and easy to find that it is breaking the game.

-Add more weapons, even if they are almost the same. Variety is always nice.

3. The Player

Add way more skins/clothes to recognize individuals. The bandit skin removal was a good idea. And please, make the gender thing work. I am a man again... Not happy.

4. Survival

Just to list a few:

-Temperature is negligible as of 1.7. It worked better when it was first introduced.. Currently it has no effect on gameplay. Rain should effect it more and maybe there should be a chance of overheating? Man does drink more when it is warm... ;)

-Beef should rot and there should be less of it in animals. Survival is too easy now.

-The need to drink should be greatly increased if on the move and if carrying a lot of gear. Survival is way too easy now :S

-Sickness should be a serious, but rare issue. Add fever, maybe blur the view or make it green or something. Painkillers could help only temporarily.

-Add alcohol ("vodka for everybody!1!1"), cigarettes, more food and all kinds of random stuff even if it´s effect is just cosmetic or temporary. The more shit there is = the more immersive experience.

A wall of text, I am deeply sorry. I hope somebody reads this and I hope many of these things are already being worked on...

Also the 1.7 is kind of broken. AARGHHh.

• Like 1

All of the above is damn cool. This is what should be added to the game, not some stupid crafting system or fast travel bollox or some other stuff ripped from LOTRO / generic MMO.

Well thought out and damn nice!

5 stars.

" The more shit there is = the more immersive experience. "

Be careful with that sentence... Not all things you could add would be good. :P

" Make all firearms at least twice more rare. This would greatly add challenge and realism while decreasing PvP. "

It doesn't make sense, it will INCREASE PVP. PvP is there because there are a limited amount of resource, so people fight for them.

Otherwise, it's pretty good. I'd like to see more zombies and make this game a real " zombie survival game ". As it is now, zombies are no real threat.

Singnet, too. Really nice!

One thing, make it posible to clean little farms vorm zeds on server to build a permanently Camp there.

Signed.

In your example, and I'm sure you will agree, I wouldn't want to be able to predict what each individual Zombies' intentions are, just off sight.

I wouldn't mind seeing some with guns, or even driving vehicles, either - even if they couldn't shoot or drive for shit. You wouldn't even have to alter their driving characteristics.

I'm finnish and I totally approve your post, particularly thoughts about hordes and gun rarity factor.

I don't mind having a variety of zombie types just as long as they are plausible and believable. This totally shouldn't turn into just another Left 4 Dead.

For example, rotten legs (level of zed decay) and increased brain activity (early phase of infection when the brains are not totally destroyed) are good and realistic reasons to use as a base for character creation:

>> Rotten legs - less speed and maneuverability

>> Increased brain activity - better visual recognition of humans

Et cetera, et cetera. Things like "super fast running" and "acid puking" don't fit this mod.

--- I wouldn't mind seeing some with guns' date=' or even driving vehicles, either - even if they couldn't shoot or drive for shit. You wouldn't even have to alter their driving characteristics.

[/quote']

Late phase infection zombies struggle to open a door or get around a fence so how on earth could they possibly drive a car or use a gun? Sure there was gun blazing soldier "zombies" in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-series but they weren't really zeds, just brainwashed humans.

Very good points. I would add that rain needs to have a bigger impact on the game. Maybe reduce the running speed of survivors and reduce the aggro bubble of zombies. Rain muffles sound and reduce visibility. It would be much better to rain actually have a impact on the game besides temperature... :)

--- I wouldn't mind seeing some with guns' date=' or even driving vehicles, either - even if they couldn't shoot or drive for shit. You wouldn't even have to alter their driving characteristics.

[/quote']

Late phase infection zombies struggle to open a door or get around a fence so how on earth could they possibly drive a car or use a gun? Sure there was gun blazing soldier "zombies" in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.-series but they weren't really zeds, just brainwashed humans.

Yeah, my knowledge on the infected doesn't come from any form of University degree, please excuse me.

Never seen a zed drive....

I've never seen a chicken yeild red meat, either. ;)

Also zeds should not be like homing missiles, when you shoot they run straigh at you even when you are behind house/bush or something.

I would like this scenario:

Someone shoots from cover, one shot.

Near by zeds (horde or individuals) hear the shot and get "agro"

Sprint certain distance(shot near them as LOUD) lets say like 50-100m and 10-60seconds after that looses interest if nothing new "stimulants" are given and starts wandering off.

Slowly wander(shot at distance), move at the general direction to see where it came from and after certain time they will loose interest like 1-5 minutes.

If multible shots (gunfight) from distance they should get medium interest, not full sprint tho..

If they see you they attack you but you could lay down and avoid their fov. In woods, gilly should make huge avantage here specially if you stay still, zeds should react more to the movement and sound..

If a new shot is fired again back to the first point(agro), everytime you shoot zed should get better understanding of the direction.

Lets say like:

600m and above just general random direction

(shot behind they just turn around random like 120-220dec from the original direction and they should not start going at straight line, but just wander there randomly like waiting for new source of agro)

450m, 120 dec

300m, 90 dec

200m 45 dec

100m 15 dec

All numbers are straight from the hat and nothing specific, all sounds should be tweaked to fit the bill and so on.. This could make zombie encounter really random..

Would need those random hordes wandering through the map, zeds contrantly spawned... not like now that you can see if ppl is inside the city when there is zeds..

Also they should not spawn like in arcade, you should be able to clear the are and zeds should wander there from the outside if you shoot(see text above), not so much if you hack all 100 zeds with a axe you should be safer from the wandering zeds..

You get the point, just a tought. But town should have way more zeds that ppl dont just run there and clear the place without any problems..

Less meat from animals? 8 steaks out of a cow is pretty low.