Creep-

No loot other than empty cans at military airfield.. dafuq?

Has anyone else had no real loot at the military airfield? literally nothing other than tin cans. With only 8 people in the server I doubt it was all collected..

I'm with you. The first time I hit the field up north I literally said to my team, "What the f$%^ is the big deal about this place? NO LOOTS!?!"

• Like 1

pick the cans up, and toss em somewhere away from the loot spawn. go away for a few minutes and come back. new loots

Have you tried this before?

• Like 1

she picks the cans up and throws them.

also make sure that you remove EVERYTHING from each spawn site. If you leave any items the respawn wont happen in that particular spawn point.

it is called loot piling. ;)

the skiddies and folk with dupe tents hate us for doing it.

oh you need to be at least 120m away for about ten minutes and the counter will reset if anybodu else wonders into range.

Edited by EMT - Jasz
  • Like 1

In the DayZ standalone you will be able to craft an AS50 with those tin cans.

I heard the standalone is also going to cure cancer.

• Like 1

I heard the standalone is also going to cure cancer.

Also if you get to 100,000 humanity you sprout wings and join God as an angel....with a gun.

• Like 1

It's called loot cycling. Dump everything into one big pile, go away about 150m, wait for 5mins then come back and all the loot respawns. If you feel confident you can loot cycle very effeciently at NWAF by hitting up south barracks, hangers, ATC/firestation then north barracks always cycling loot and by the time you get back to south barracks all the loot will be respawned. Don't always expect epic loot though. We did 3 full cycles of that and the best thing out of it was a M16 variants (M4s/M16s) and AKs

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll see how it goes

It's called loot cycling. Dump everything into one big pile, go away about 150m, wait for 5mins then come back and all the loot respawns. If you feel confident you can loot cycle very effeciently at NWAF by hitting up south barracks, hangers, ATC/firestation then north barracks always cycling loot and by the time you get back to south barracks all the loot will be respawned. Don't always expect epic loot though. We did 3 full cycles of that and the best thing out of it was a M16 variants (M4s/M16s) and AKs

I'd expect to be shot at many times if i followed this route.

High risk high reward. Defintely not safe doing this by yourself

• Like 1

I play on a private server with very low player count late at night/early morning.

I've done the loot cycling at the NWAF by myself before. I went to the northern barracks and started a pile by the front door, dumping everything from the barracks into the pile. Afterwards, I walked about 100m into the trees and waited there for about 4 minutes, then went back in and repeated the process. To pass the time faster, you can go to the industrial spawns to the southeast of the barracks and do the same thing there while waiting for the barracks.

I did this for about an hour and got an M4A1 CCO SD out of it, along with loads of ammo. Seems to be the most effective means of gathering loot without resorting to cheesy tactics (server hopping for loot) or cheating (duping/scripting).

• Like 1

Not if you're careful ;)

• Like 1

I've done the loot cycling at the NWAF by myself before. I went to the northern barracks and started a pile by the front door, dumping everything from the barracks into the pile. Afterwards, I walked about 100m into the trees and waited there for about 4 minutes, then went back in and repeated the process. To pass the time faster, you can go to the industrial spawns to the southeast of the barracks and do the same thing there while waiting for the barracks.

I did this for about an hour and got an M4A1 CCO SD out of it, along with loads of ammo. Seems to be the most effective means of gathering loot without resorting to cheesy tactics (server hopping for loot) or cheating (duping/scripting).

In some circles this could still be considered a "cheesy tactic"

Bad luck sometimes. Loot spawns are randomly generated by percentage based random rolls, and considering the high percentage for trash to spawn over good loot, it isn't all that uncommon to find a high yield loot area full of cans and whiskey bottles. As far as I know, the only guaranteed spawns are vehicle locations and hospital boxes.

Edited by RaysGoodLiquor
  • Like 1

yes, why else would I type it? :D It's called loot cycling. I empty the barracks and head to the opposite barracks doing the same to building in between, then hit them back up on my way back. It's quite time consuming and dangerous to pick up all those damn cans and bottles.

• Like 1

Ok, sounds promising,

Thanks mate

Rather than playing the room cleaner, just server hop. In such cases, you deserve it.

In some circles this could still be considered a "cheesy tactic"

I will concede that point.