zackthazman

Bow and Arrow

A bow and arrow it could be found in deer stands a 1 shot kill if in the head and you have to hold the fire button down so it would go further.

• Like 4

We have cross bows. I think that's good enough.

We have cross bows. I think that's good enough.

Well the cross bows have really bad aim too though and a bow and arrow and crossbow are mainly the same

I'd like to see bows in the standalone to give it some aditional oomph, Rocket talked about a few features that could justify the pricepoint. Why not monkey around a bit in his sexy mo-cap suit and give us a nice bow animation.

One low quality branch like bow and one hi-tec competition bow.

Get to work. :D

Edited by Dallas

It's not that i don't like the idea, but i would rather have some changes in the crossbow, like a new iron sights or something similar, and some sort of quiver added into the game.

The bow would be kinda OK for hunting but for PvP and killing zombies, i just can't picture it in those scenarios.

Please, just make the crossbows better and i'll be satisfied.

(Not to mention the tents, please, fix them!)

• Like 1

Bows give a major advantage over crossbows with reload speed. However, crossbows will provide a more familar aiming. Adding traditional and compound bows into the game would be a great addition and would allow a range of accessories,types, strengths and quality. Bows and crossbows are quite powerful and should be given more credit in this game. Also Quivers would allow for carrying far more arrows/bolts making it the weapon of choice for silent ranged killing with reusable ammunition.

I like this idea, in real life a bow/crossbow would be the most commonly available weapon to survivors simply because, pre-apocalypse, even countries with stringent gun laws such as Canada still allow the sale of bows to anyone, sometimes you don't even have to be 18. If you aren't picky about things like accuracy, power, or recovering the arrows, you can fashion projectiles for the weapons very easily, and even then, properly made ones can be easily reused, making it an ideal weapon if you are looking to arm someone who is untrained, as you can give them training at very little cost, unlike bullets which are essentially one time use unless you can acquire the means to reload them.

That said the crossbow in DayZ has one glaring problem, inventory space. The implementation of a quiver system (heck, if you could have several arrows on a slot, while still needing to reload each shot, that would fix the issue right there. The lack of a sight I can work around, though having even a basic one would be nice (It has mounting rails...) Though from what I've see, the Arma 3 engine has support for modding weapons, which will fix the problem right there.

Anyway, to get back on topic, I totally support the idea of bows in the game. They are ridiculously hard to aim, but that would be the point. Hard to use, but totally worth learning to.

• Like 2

^^As Frank said, it's in the ign interview around the 19-20 minute marker.

I am a huge fan of this game and I would like to see some of my suggestions take place in the standalone version of this already amazing game experience.

I have been thinking.

Wouldn'nt it be cool if the game had, not as a Class or something like that, but a personal option where you could find, somewhere on the map, equipment to create your own BOW and ARROWS??. This suggestion of mine does not take the game back to medeival times, but instead gives you a realistic player option for the one looking for a more stealthy character. one that does not wish to be compromised on the first shot. Since you guys strive for a realistic game.

To make this bow and craft the arrows for it, I Would suggest, that scattered around the map of chernarus, not set spawn locations but random ( like helicopter crash sites) where you can find a tree, or some trees, not used for the wood but used as material for the bow. I would recommend naming it (Maple Tree). This maple tree has the option

(Craft Huntsman's Bow) and the option (Craft 10 arrows). after you have chosen one of the options, the tree will decay and can not be used again. The spawns will be a very rare spawn (such as the helicopter crash sites), The Maple tree will look like one and be a little bit bigger than other trees, just to make them apart.

I would recommend giving the Huntsman's bow a fair amount of damage because of it's rarity. I would say 4000-5000 damge per shot since the firing time includes what normal bows needs when fired.

Another option to consider, since we are not living in medieval times, One could find a certain "Huntsman's Bow's Scope" for the bow. this scope would be a bit less effective than a sniper scope but at the same time give you a bit more vision and clearence of the target your facing.

As my final words, Please do consider atleast reading this and hopefully, just hopefully consider my suggestion as I would say it has the potential for the making of a better game.

Thanks! // Alex

"Oh look, this guy has a bow, let's just dodge the incoming arrow by strafing, then I'll just pull out my gun, aim down the sights and.....he's dead. Poor slob."