SeNoZinD

Now, I would like to know why

Why people think its ok to pick up hacked weps? I really dont mean to rage or anything but why do some people think its ok to use hacked weps? I see a bunch of those "If you pick up a hacked wep its ok" comments. Picking up hacked weapons would be the exact same thing as scripting them in yourself. I really wouldn't have posted this if I actually saw a thread about "It is wrong to pick up hacked weapons". I just wanna know why :P

• Like 1

To even the playing field. How many times have you come across a crashed heli to find its occupants laying dead around it. Inspecting their gear you find all sorts of stuff, this is what they are hunting you with, I say its fair game to use it back. Once the failsafes are put in and stops people from cheating then this problem goes away.

Edit: Let me elaborate further before the whiners jump in. If everyone comes across some guy that has a G36C (however this is spelt) and they all go 'no no no mustnt use this weapon etc' then the problem does not get attention and these people are allowed to continue using it and having an unfair advantage. Now lets say everyone says 'woot' and arms themselves and continues to use them then the problem becomes much bigger and the devs are then forced to bring in fixes to address it.

Edited by Arch

To even the playing field. How many times have you come across a crashed heli to find its occupants laying dead around it. Inspecting their gear you find all sorts of stuff, this is what they are hunting you with, I say its fair game to use it back. Once the failsafes are put in and stops people from cheating then this problem goes away.

Edit: Let me elaborate further before the whiners jump in. If everyone comes across some guy that has a G36C (however this is spelt) and they all go 'no no no mustnt use this weapon etc' then the problem does not get attention and these people are allowed to continue using it and having an unfair advantage. Now lets say everyone says 'woot' and arms themselves and continues to use them then the problem becomes much bigger and the devs are then forced to bring in fixes to address it.

i see what you mean, but people who pick up hacked weapons should be considered hackers thenselves. I could get some random guy to script weapons for me and techinically i didnt hack them in so im not a hacker right?

• Like 1

If you are just a casual player, you would not know if the weapon you get is scripted or not.

That's why you cannot ban players just because they pick up scripted weapons: it would lead to ban legitimate innocent people.

If you are just a casual player, you would not know if the weapon you get is scripted or not.

That's why you cannot ban players just because they pick up scripted weapons: it would lead to ban legitimate innocent people.

then the people must be informed :D

then the people must be informed :D

Informed of what? You want to give them a list of all the "authorized" weapons?

This is stupid...

Best thing to do is a whipe when going from alpha to beta.

This is stupid...

While a wipe would erase duping for a while, people who got their items legitimately would be pretty mad.

While a wipe would erase duping for a while, people who got their items legitimately would be pretty mad.

They won't, because it's very usual in gaming industry to start things over again when moving from alpha to beta. A simple well written global message would make anyone understand the "why" and noone would be pissed off.

And yet, this game has many warnings regarding the fact it's alpha.

Edited by Thadeum

They won't, because it's very usual in gaming industry to start things over again when moving from alpha to beta. A simple well written global message would make anyone understand the "why" and noone would be pissed off.

Well if no one is pissed off, I approve :D

Well if no one is pissed off, I approve :D

Because it's certain that people are not pissed off by the tremendous amount of sniper rilfes around here... right?

I do love optimism :)

If a reset occurerd for the next 2 weeks we would get threads saying 'wtf all my stuff dissapeared' and 'why the reset was a bad idea' etc

Well, i mean, the hacked weapons dont automatically give the person holding them god mode. They can still die, even if their gun is good.

Well, i mean, the hacked weapons dont automatically give the person holding them god mode. They can still die, even if their gun is good.

true, but finding a sniper who has a AS50 TWS gets some people mad lol.

Considering the random nature of loot generation in-game, a non-hacker finding scripted loot is equivalent. You didn't know you were going to find that stuff, but you did. Lucky You! Enjoy.

That's why you don't ban players who pick up scripted weapons. You ban the scripters.

You shouldn't be punished for picking up a gun that's already in-game. Some people may not know it's hacked. The collateral for banning people who just posses these things would be far too high.

Plus, right now, it's not like things are balanced anyway. No reason to get anal about weapon balance when the problem won't be solved for a little while.

But I'm with OP, I don't pick them up. It feels kinda dirty.

This is stupid...

How exactly is informing people a stupid idea?

Creating a list of every weapon you can find in dayz and putting it on the loading screen and the menu would be nice.

Then you can ban people for using items they shouldnt be using.

Because the average mentality of the people that play this game is that if you can't be banned for it, it must be acceptable behavior.

• Like 2

Creating a list of every weapon you can find in dayz and putting it on the loading screen and the menu would be nice.

I hope you never go on to a job where you have to make decisions for other people.

Such a list would be nonsense, as it would only increase when content is added into the mod.

Plus, most people would never read such Terms of Use, or if they do they will forget, or if they don't forget, they can make mistakes, or can simply be put a gun in their backpack.

Do you even THINK about HOW things COULD work before proposing stupid ideas?

Do you really think a developer would say : "yeah, there are flaws in my game, but instead of fixing them, I will ban innocent players not paying attention?"

Go back to CoD, this game is too complex for you to think about.

Edited by Thadeum

Informing people isn't a dumb idea at all, but putting a legit weapons list in-game would be de-gamifying. It would be a terrible immersion breaker, plus it would ruin the unknown plateau of equipment. Lots of people, me included, dislike meta-gaming until we've played for a good bit.

Plus, the whole idea is a response to a problem with the game, not an addition to the game itself. That's bad game design.

The solution isn't to provide us with the ability to avoid the problem, it's to fix the problem. That'll happen, so I say no worries.

Edited by MoronToTheKore

I play this game like I live my life. I don't pick up any gear off players backpacks because chances are Ill be taking something that is hacked or duped. I don't take stolen good from people IRL even if they have been laundered to be untraceable because its just wrong. To each there own though, this is only a game. I just don't like getting the same outcome from somebody who is breaking the rules. I just want a legit experience and Im deprived of that by taking other peoples things at present.

Edited by sostronk

Because the average mentality of the people that play this game is that if you can't be banned for it, it must be acceptable behavior.

It becomes even funnier when they try to justify the use of hacked weapons:

I'm using it to balance things, to kill the hackers! Says the sniper on Dobryy Hill.

Edited by Boitameuh

Fix dubing, clear hive, and do something to scripting.. If that weapon is not in loot table, make it vanish right away?