ghostlycoyote@gmail.com

My M4A1 CCO SD rifle won't accept 30Rnd. STANAG?

My M4A1 CCO SD rifle won't reload using my 30Rnd STANAG ammo clip. Yet the 30Rnd STANAG claims to work with M4A1 rifles.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? The Reload button isn't working, even though the 30Rnd ammo is in my basic non-backpack inventory...

you need silenced ammo (for some reason) for silenced weapons, in your case u need 30 Rnd STANAG SD mags

you need silenced ammo (for some reason) for silenced weapons, in your case u need 30 Rnd STANAG SD mags

Supersonic ammo in a suppressed weapon will shred the suppressor.

Yeah, suppressed weapons need special low-velocity rounds to function correctly.

This is the first time a game actually takes it in account, imagine how heart broken I was when I found my first SD weapon and realized it can only use SD ammunition.

Not true. It will make less noise from firing the gun, but the bullet will still make some noise because it is faster than the sound.

Not true. It will make less noise from firing the gun, but the bullet will still make some noise because it is faster than the sound.

No... The reason silenced weapons have less penetration and range is because it's subsonic ammo.... Supersonic will destroy the air chambers in the weapon... read up...

I'm not suggesting it won't work, the suppressor still captures the expanding gas of the round and reduces the resultant sound (without both the sonic boom and the sound of expanding gas, it's difficult to locate the source of shots). I'm saying that using supersonic ammunition will degrade the lifespan of a suppressor not intended for use with supersonic ammunition. It's bad practice.

No... The reason silenced weapons have less penetration and range is because it's subsonic ammo.... Supersonic will destroy the air chambers in the weapon... read up...

1- I never talked about penetration and range, it's normal that a slower bullet has less energy.

2- The chambers in the suppressors are quite resistant. The those I have used were made of metal.

Here's a quote from Brügger & Thomet, one of the best manufacturers:

"Q: Does my suppressor only work with subsonic ammunition?

A: Most of our suppressors work well with regular ammunition but to get the optimal performance subsonic ammunition is recommended. There are exceptions to this that are clearly marked. When using regular supersonic ammunition, the supersonic crack will remain audible, but the operator won't risk hearing damage or betraying his position to hostile elements."

If you're shy of STANAG SD magazines, check industrial spawns. I often find them amongst the other goodies.

I'm not suggesting it won't work, the suppressor still captures the expanding gas of the round and reduces the resultant sound (without both the sonic boom and the sound of expanding gas...).

The only way a suppressor will muffle the sonic boom of a supersonic round is if it reduces the round's velocity to subsonic.

I found a M4 SD recently on a dead player with no ammo. Went to NWAF in the hope of find some ammo for it. I didn't find any but came across a Kobra with 3 mags so I decided to drop the M4 SD instead. I logged out for the night and the next day decided to go back to the NWAF to see what was there and now I find a ammo box with 10 stanag sd mags & 20 normal stanag mags. Needless to say I was a bit pissed about getting rid of the SD. This game is a real bitch sometimes.

Depends on the quality of the suppressor, like everything in life, you get what you pay for...

the "crack" of a rifle is caused by the sonic boom of the projectile breaking the sound barrier, this is why when you are being shot at IRL from a long range you can see the puffs of dirt/debris(or die) before you even here the rifle.

with subsonic ammo the bullet never goes faster than the speed of sound thus no "crack", what a suppressor does is lets all of the gas from the burning gun powder out gradually instead of all at once which dampens the report substantially.

A bigger risk with supressors than supersonic ammo is making sure they are clean of carbon build up and other debris, also you want to make sure none of the baffles become fouled and clogged with carbon as well.

Another risk is the suppressor becoming warped from heat or being banged around and knocked out of line...

When this happens its called a "baffle strike"

Here's a suppressed MK46 shooting super sonic ammo just fine.

and here's a baffle strike

• Like 2