Sign in to follow this  
Banicks

To Rocket and Team

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if any information would be available soon officially about the next hotfix/patch?

Mainly hoping for there to be some sort of acknowledgement and plan of solution for the graphical tearing/artifacting issues and scripting/hacker problems that the community is experiencing.

I've been keeping my eye on announcements and nothing as of yet, presuming that you blokes are busy with GamesCon and such?

I suspect they will not bring out any patches anymore for the "mod" version, they know they can not make money off off that.

They are probably busy on the stand alone version. As soon as we know this for a fact, the community scripters will go wild on the 1.7.2.5 version of Dayz, and solutions will come.

As soon as the stand alone version is there the masses will go for the stand alone version. At this moment the Arma scripting community will go wild and within a couple of days 1001 variations on the Dayz Mod will come out.

Both groups, Stand alone and Arma Mod players will have a bright future....................

Hacking wont be dealt with till the stand-alone.

Patch was ment to hit after Gamescon.

Rocket is reworking the 1.7.3 Patch based on the feedback of Gamescon. Should be done soon i hope.

I suspect they will not bring out any patches anymore for the "mod" version, they know they can not make money off off that.

They are probably busy on the stand alone version. As soon as we know this for a fact, the community scripters will go wild on the 1.7.2.5 version of Dayz, and solutions will come.

As soon as the stand alone version is there the masses will go for the stand alone version. At this moment the Arma scripting community will go wild and within a couple of days 1001 variations on the Dayz Mod will come out.

Both groups, Stand alone and Arma Mod players will have a bright future....................

Rocket is reworking the 1.7.3 Patch based on the feedback of Gamescon. Should be done soon i hope.

Yes September 6th, or a couple of days after... so only a week to go guys ;)

They never intended to make money off DayZ mod - the community did offer donations which were refused, so there is nothing sinister about it. It was a natural and expected progression to move towards stand-alone simply to improve upon the alpha state that this is currently in and proceed forward with an experience that is more in line with Rocket & Team's ideals.

At the moment I would expect the foundations to be being laid for stand-alone naturally. But with "Dogs" patch around the corner I posted this mainly to see if the next patch would address the graphical problems which have been occuring for 2 months or so. Naturally if nothing can be done about the scripting then I would expect open honesty about it as I've seen so far from the developers since early days of the mod.

My concern is that the DayZ community is slowly dwindling from the slight drop in communication of late from the devs regarding the rampant hacking and perceived issues still lingering. This community will be valuable in the future for trialing ideas in alpha mod that may be included in stand alone. However that said, if the community leaving is not able to stomach what is occuring perhaps they are not as valuable as those remaining and loyal.

Just a thought. But would love to hear some official word none the less to relieve my concerns and curiosity.