godr4@yahoo.com

Logging in and being shot in the back of the head almost immediately

Hi Guys,

I wanted to make this thread (my first) to get an idea of how often this happens to people. I'll the be the first one to hold my hands up and say that over the past couple of months I've replied to quite a few of these 'Hackers are ruining the game' threads with.....

'I've never had any problem'

'The way you speak about it you make out that there's hackers on every server'

I apologise. I think I may have just been lucky in the past or the hackers/scripters have become far more noticeable recently. Over the past 2 days I have logged in to a server (low/med pop) and been alive for a few seconds before hearing an AS50 round in my ear and the inevitable 'You have Died' screen. This has happened 5 or 6 times now. One of these times I purposely logged in in the middle of a wide open space. As soon as I logged in I looked around 360 degrees to confirm nobody was within 100m range and even then... "BOOM" I died and saw a ghillied sniper run over my body. He just wasn't there 2 seconds before, it was impossible.

The last 2-3 days have been getting worse and worse. Being in a little alcove in a tunnel in a tower and "Boom, you have died". I was even on a server with 1 other person last night, who I killed, only to be shot by him again 60 seconds later and saw him ghillied and carrying a rifle as he ran over my body again.

I never thought the hacker/scripter problem was that prevalent until now, but it seems to be getting even worse since the 'BattleEye Ban Wave' (If there even was one).

- So, tell me, how often does this happen to you?

- Does anyone know of a way to capture these idiots doing what they're doing so we can help to ban them?

- Can I make note of the time/server it happened on and get someone to confirm suspect actions in the server logs?

Any help or constructive feedback is welcomed

Peace and Beanz to all

UPDATE - I used the Windows Character Map (found in the start menu) and changed my name. It's still readable as my characters name, but now uses letters from various alphabets (latin, greek, etc) and I've not had one single incident of someone teleporting to me. I think this works because the hackers have to write a script with your own name to tele to you and if they can't spell it then they can't come. I don't think this will stop thunderdoming or the likes, but it's a start

UPDATE2 - OK, so I now realise that quite a few servers won't allow names that are not comprised entirely of ASCii characters. Bit of a pain finding ones that allow non ASCii names, but worth it to not get killed every time i log in.

Edited by Thundersmurf

I think your character shows when it says setup completed please wait ive killed maybe 2 -3 people who just logged in because they had there gun down.

Edited by zackthazman

Being shot while in loading screen is my number 1 reason of death... but in your case it was probably a hacker who was invisible :/

funny, i was being chased my an AS50 ghillie sniper in electro today, we managed to kill each other.

problem is you never know is he spawned in front of you or you didnt see him becose he was behind obstacle. best thing is to send msg to admin, give him time when that happen and he can investigate logs.

better that admin lose few minutes doing that, even if he isnt cheater, than that some kid who knows nothing about this game keep cheating and destroying game for others.

Thanks for the responses guys. It's not a case of just not seeing these people, they simply weren't there. I suspect that they've teleported to me and then shot me. It never happens before i'm in game (i.e. loading screen).

I'm going to need to start playing on servers with admins that are contactable. I wish there was an admin chat channel, might make things easier in game.

well, i never got killed right at the loading screen. I am always paranoid about that, so i only log of under the twigs of a tree in the forest, where normally no-one will be.

But i was killed multiple times by teleporting hackers on different servers. it seems they even used the same hack, it was always some guy with a sniper, ghilli suit, nightvision and nothing else on him. They just apear out of nowhere near you, then snipe you away. most of them have god-mode on, but not all. I killed one of them that didnt see me yet, only to be killed by him 3 minutes later. (that was in stary sobor, no way he could have respawned, geared up, and walk up there in 3 mins.) Others took multiple snipershoots and whole assaultrifle -mags without going down. Only way to avoid hackers is to play on low-pop servers with less than 10 people. Those were more or less cheater-free, but its also a bit boring, meeting so few players.

So, right now, i put dayz on hialtus, till something is done against the hacking. I checked a bit in the internet and it is just too easy to hack. Every kid can do it, and it seems that they already do.

There's like a 12 or so (Might be over-guessing) free hacks. All you have to do is look on youtube. There is a good chances its hackers you are being shot by.

I know personally that my kills to deaths have fallen sharply. Im lucky to get a kill in one death, and live beyond 3 days. A month and a half ago, i could have lived 20 days and gotten 6 kills.

Hacking in this game is actually rampant in my opinion, all you need is a esp hack (Radar), and you are the best on the map.

@At hackers, i don't care if you spawn in weapons. But godmode/ teloporting behind someone, is the lowest of the low.

You can bypass this by logging out ASAP when you see the YOU WERE KILLED message.

I do this when I log in and get shot.

I have seen videos where people are watching a player appear before them. They might see you as your screen says setup completed.

I always log off by a tree or brush, as another poster commented.

When being hacked, I have successfully come back with all gear but maybe a broken bone or bleeding, by disconnecting the router. Data does not yet reach the main server if you do that.

Twice now, I have been falling in mid air with all the server players (this week it was at BRA1)... all of us falling down at Cherno (I was at Stary), falling on each other. Just as I was about to hit the ground, I disconnected the power and I was ok when I logged back on.

I only do that when hackers fuck with me. :thumbsup:

Don't play on shitty public servers. Our private Hive server is up and to join it you need to email us your Game Name and we'll email you back the PW. Anyone not on our guest list who somehow manages to get the PW will be banned, if they cheat they will be reported to BE (and we will have all the evidence for it) and obviously a new PW will be mailed out to the actual guests on our server.

IM me for details if ur interested. So far we've had about 18 responses to the posts I made.

Being shot while in loading screen is my number 1 reason of death... but in your case it was probably a hacker who was invisible :/

Don't log out in NWAF Barracks.

Seriously, I can't fathom how you legitimately die like that often. It's your own fault if you don't log out prone under a tree relatively away from where people will see you log in.

Don't log out in NWAF Barracks.

Seriously, I can't fathom how you legitimately die like that often. It's your own fault if you don't log out prone under a tree relatively away from where people will see you log in.

It doesn't matter if I'm in a tree, at the NWAF int he middle of nowhere or ona server with one other person. I have been teleported to and shot in all these situations seconds after getting in to the game. I even caught one guy (Thomas on DE 1396 or 1386, can't remember) doing it earlier. He tele'd to me at 3 fresh spawns and killed me.

You can bypass this by logging out ASAP when you see the YOU WERE KILLED message.

I do this when I log in and get shot.

Nice one. I'm usually in shock that someone who wasn't there a second ago killed me that I don't have time to think about a tactic like this, but I'll try it from now on. Thanks buddy

well, i never got killed right at the loading screen. I am always paranoid about that, so i only log of under the twigs of a tree in the forest, where normally no-one will be.

But i was killed multiple times by teleporting hackers on different servers. it seems they even used the same hack, it was always some guy with a sniper, ghilli suit, nightvision and nothing else on him. They just apear out of nowhere near you, then snipe you away. most of them have god-mode on, but not all. I killed one of them that didnt see me yet, only to be killed by him 3 minutes later. (that was in stary sobor, no way he could have respawned, geared up, and walk up there in 3 mins.) Others took multiple snipershoots and whole assaultrifle -mags without going down. Only way to avoid hackers is to play on low-pop servers with less than 10 people. Those were more or less cheater-free, but its also a bit boring, meeting so few players.

So, right now, i put dayz on hialtus, till something is done against the hacking. I checked a bit in the internet and it is just too easy to hack. Every kid can do it, and it seems that they already do.

I ususally play on low pop servers, which is probably why I've never been thunderdomed or turned in to an animal, but I've been killed plenty on servers with populations of less than 8 in the past 2-3 days. It's always a sniper rifle that kills me and I usually always see the ghillied owner running past my body as the 'You have Died' screen loads.

It's a shame. I used to disagree with the 'This game is unplayable' threads, but now it's getting a bit silly

To the OP: can you hear the gun shot? Are sure a zomb just didn't knock you the fuck out when you spawned?

Edited by GotOwned

It's just good practice to change your name often. It's also good practice to play with people that change their names often and don't insist on advertising their stream through their bloody names.

To the OP: can you hear the gun shot? Are sure a zomb just didn't knock you the fuck out when you spawned?

Yeah I hear the gunshot ever single time. It's always right behind me +/- degrees and i'd say within a few metres. I've been playing this for months and have been in enough firefights and risky situations to know that these deaths aren't legit. I've changed my character name to have some other ASCii characters in it and it seems to have stopped them teleporting to me.... for now :)