Sign in to follow this  
Nick2389

Coming in my DayZ house and taken my things with a lee enfield in his house.

(a Lee Enfield in his hands*)

So here's a tricky topic for you. Killing survivors if your a survivor is a bit cold but what if you had lived for so long inside a particular house (hours) and hoarded all your precious items within it. Then some dirty survivor comes in and starts looting what is technically your house with a high-powered rifle in his hands.

I had 3 options:

1- Warn him to leave, he turns around, fires and i'm eating floorboards

2- Warn him then shoot him.

3- Put 4x Double Barrelled shotgun rounds in his spine and watch that turkey gobble as I take my beans back

I opted for the "It's my house and you are robbing me with a weapon so I'm going to shoot you and hide your body underneath my house lol!

Edited by Nick2389
  • Like 3

I, a good-natured and helpful survivor, was once eating some beans at the market in Zelenogorsk, when all of a sudden another survivor enters the market (whilst i had my inventory still open), and, without warning, simply shoots me in the head.

I was a bit pissed since that was my longest survival thus far, but whilst my body lay there dying, i noticed he was being chased by a horde of zeds.

I suppose it was just another trigger-nervous survivor who would have benefited from my help in dealing with zombies instead of shooting on sight, the idiot........

Your approach was reasonable, but since he was so close, you could have issued a warning (in which case he would have known you were there and probably try to kill you....)

It's hard to trust people in Chernarus, even if you're friendly, most won't care about you. =(

• Like 1

3- Put 4x Double Barrelled shotgun rounds in his spine and watch that turkey gobble as I take my beans back

No other way to keep your beans safe

Edited by Pasadenasman
  • Like 2

Ruthless.

That guy was probably just looking to get out of the rain.

Ruthless.

That guy was probably just looking to get out of the rain.

Rain doesn't affect gameplay anymore... beans does. On a side note, maybe you can drag his body at the entrance of your home "to warn" survivors that THIS IS YOUR HOME !

• Like 1

Was recently slaughtered after a week of having everything, including night vision goggles, antibiotics, gps etc...I then spent 24 hours being repeatedly killed every five to ten minutes. I've often had another player run through the supermarket, me lying there with a broken bone, hoping for help (not!) and as he passes by shoots me dead without even stopping.

I think this game is ultimately doomed, no matter how good the good stuff is because people want different things from it, and those who want to just PvP get bored easily. So they're not likely to hang around. Whereas those who like the other opportunities the game could offer are being denied the chance to put them into practice because of the PvP stuff. So we're not likely to last long-term either.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't imagine any new-and-significant changes happening to the dayz mod now the proper game is in development. But I do hope so. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Rain doesn't affect gameplay anymore... beans does. On a side note, maybe you can drag his body at the entrance of your home "to warn" survivors that THIS IS YOUR HOME !

we should get his head on a spike too!

Edited by VicOzzy