Time Glitch

For the Love of All That Is Crossbows: QUIVERS

There is one reason, and one reason only, that I do not use the Crossbow. No, it's not because the sights suck (They do).

Ammo.

This thing takes up an absolutely ridiculous and unrealistic amount of space for its ammo. Yes, you can retrieve your arrows, but come on. I shouldn't need 6 slots free for 6 shots.

I don't know how you can implement it exactly, as I'm ignorant to the modding ways, but if you can PLEASE condense the amount of space the Crossbow ammo takes up.

Thanks!

I was going to post a thread about this, id love to be able to use the crossbow more but i never do because of the ammo situation. The ammo should be stackable or if not stackable in say 20's or 30's in 1 slot or in a quiver i agree.

The reason is guns are cool of course but the crossbow gets it done quickly and quietly plus i actually think its the cooler looking weapon, is there any plans to change the crossbow system at all?

ive used the xbow once loved it but being unable to easily carry a decent amount of ammo makes it way to unpractical

I don't use the crossbow but 8 crossbow bolts don't equal the same space that another primary weapon takes in a pack.... it'd be nice to see if crossbow received some love

The crossbow could simply be changed to use quivers as magazines, and have reloading be changing the quiver you're drawing ammo from. That might not permit retrieving the bolts, but it's a start.

Just have the bolts stack up to 10 per inventory slot, problem solved imo. Not a big fan of the crossbow either, but sometimes its the first main weapon you find, so at least having manageable ammo would be a good thing.

How would you like it if ammo was stackable (or in mags) with the tradeoff that you couldn't retrieve it? Finding a couple stacks of ammo would already have given you more bolts than you might find after looting several houses.

i use a crossbow most of the time and have no real problems with bolts as they are now. yes it would be nice if it didnt take 4 slots out of bag and 4 slots in bag (total 8 slots) to carry enough bolts around that i feel i am not going to run out of them. but if in doing so they removed the ability to retrieve bolts crossbow would loss all their character and would just feel like a silenced rifle which there already are in day-z.

Perhaps bolts could work similarly to roadflares, in that 1 inventory slot is 10 flares. Given that you can continue to interact with flares after they are thrown, it wouldn't be impossible to imagine that you could pick up bolts again after they are fired.

or do a new way to stack, imagine you without a bag and having to carry this arrows... how do you do? rope, tissue, liana? to bring all together

yea a stack of 5 bolts per quiver... no one has the space to fit more than 3-4 blots atm without loosing all their space! though another fix would need to be done... at the moment if you shoot 2 bullets then reload it changes your mag, do this 2-3 times and you get a load of mags with only 2-3 bullets left! you should be able to move bullets to the least amount of mags to save space, without this you would collect your bolt and it would make a new quiver with 1 bolt in it each time!

The easiest way might be to modify item and backpack code to allow stacking of items, but even that is a difficult thing to code in an already-coded game because it changes quite a bit.