decoman

Aren't zombies moving too fast?

Not that I've noticed, they're moving slower than they were before, so it's all good to me.

I have had a couple close the distance on me, but I was serpentining too much, just ran straight for a sec and I was k.

If they start moving faster than I do, then they are too fast.

Then again, I do have a full Alice Pack, an AKM, M1911, an Axe...

They are pretty fast. They need to slow them down, but add hordes of zombies instead. Have them do a limp run and having more of them will make it more difficult. Make them hit harder since they are slower. etc etc.

• Like 1

The point of my thread here is about how the zombies imo appear to be moving too fast diagonally. This thread is not really about the zombies' speed as such.

They used to be terrible, but they were fixed , however i still find myself 'sprinting' and have zombies catching up to me and stopping for a few steps because they are going too fast.

most of the time it seems ok though

They need to change them going up hill. You walk, they run..GG

• Like 1

They seem to be the same to me, excepting that a few have been running while in-doors, which terrified the crap out of me and also led to 11K -> 0K blood by way of being knocked unconscious somehow.

Don't worry though I managed to run all the way around the coast and get my stuff back.

i remember a zombie running past me when i was on the bicycle. beans for those who pointed out how much faster they used to be.

They have to fully stop to melee you, so when they get close enough to attack, you'll notice they start to stop+start their melee, then begin to run again. When they get close enough to do that, you have a few uninterupted seconds to turn around and pop them in the head.

yes they are way too fast, as for rocket assuming he wants the game to be realistic, zombies should be WALKING and not running

Dunno if I'd say they should be as fast as a bike but I find them easy enough to deal with as is. Definitely need to pump up their #s if they get even slower.

imo a fast zombie is perfectly legitimate even if it ventures away from the typical zombie characteristics.

They are pretty fast. They need to slow them down, but add hordes of zombies instead. Have them do a limp run and having more of them will make it more difficult. Make them hit harder since they are slower. etc etc.

Impossible. It would put too much strain on the servers...

yeah this make more sense to me, but a few should still have "rage" sprint ability - add the tension

yes they are way too fast, as for rocket assuming he wants the game to be realistic, zombies should be WALKING and not running

"realistic" and "zombies" in one sentence...

How do you know that zombies can only walk and not run?

There are as many kinds of "zombies" as there are zombie movies and games.

Zombie-survival-chart-550x641.jpg

• Like 1

They are considerably better than they used to be with movement, still not perfect, but they can often be easily lost, just run through a bush and then backpedal making sure the zombie walks into the bush, they sill stop and lose aggro, and backpedaling creates low-ish noise on any surface while still being fairly quick so you can get away without making them aggro again.

They do need to be a bit slower though, and it would be good if they had the ability to hit while moving instead of them needing to stop to attack. So they can continue to run while attacking, which gives less opportunity to land a precision shot since now you can just tease them into attacking, and when they stop to flail their arms, just pop them in the head.

...Literally faster than Usain Bolt... with their speed you'd think Chernarus was really London.

they were 10x worse, as many said like 'olympic sprinters'

They run slightly faster than you, but they pause as they get close, so they will NEVER catch you if you keep running (unless you run right next to one and let him take a swipe at you).

Impossible. It would put too much strain on the servers...

Well, I don't know; It seems to me they already do have pretty damn big hordes every now and then.

I don't know if they've changed something, but I was on the first time in a while on a daytime server yesterday and I got absolutely swarmed. They saw me from a crouchwalk from really far away and just started sprinting at me.. And when one of them started running, the rest started following the running zombie, as if I had fired a gun - but I didn't. I was crouched the whole time, stopped when the first one agro'd... at least 30-40 meters away. I mean sure, the zombie's view was unobstructed.. But it still felt a bit unusual that it saw me from that far away.

I ended up having to start running because the 8-10 zombies sprinting at me and I only had a Lee Enfield; which would pull every zombie on me if I pulled the trigger. While running, the horde grew to at least 20 zombies from around the buildings in Solnichniy.. Ran inside a house, backed to the room furthest away from the exit and started shooting them as they came, but no matter how much I shot and hit with every bullet, they swarmed the room, surrounded me and ate me alive. :|

I did manage to get back to my corpse and even then attracted a few of them... Hid in the backroom hiding like a little girl, terrified of what had happened to me earlier and had to disconnect as the building was surrounded by at least 20 zombies.

And as far as I know, there was no one else around solnichniy at the time - only 6 or 7 players on the server.

I must say, it felt like the server was set on some sort of "NIGHTMARE" difficulty, as I felt like there was no way I could survive there alone :PP

And that was indeed a horde if I ever saw one.

Edit: Oh and yes, I'm on the latest updates.

And I already got absolutely slaughtered right before that happened in a similar scenario where I couldn't kill all the zombies attacking me with 6 full makarov clips. But ... I admit, I paniced a little and sucked at headshots.

There were just so many D:

I guess I could look for some friends to play DayZ as I've only been playing alone and I keep dying from zombies, getting sick from cold etc....

Edited by sarcasm83