hungrycam

KNOW your enemy (i.e people who shoot on sight)

so basically I have been sticking to one server lately its not that crowed and i tend to have a fine time about it, but the past two live I have gone through within ten minutes i have been shot even with few players.

Basically i dont see the point I mean yeah u looted very little i had but even when i have loads of gear i tend to not fire at will at the next living person cuz i know i am full and cant carry any of there stuff i mean it takes 3 seconds to asses and see what a person has.

i find it better to stick in groups if zombies come that more guns against them also u can split gear between you managing it way better, and if you help other players out it sure is gonna be a damn sight easier to get loot and hey build a chopper or a urel really easy.

i like to think of myself as a watseland md i set up shop in elektro or cherno at time or in the wild nd if im lucky enough to see a fellow traveler who just goes by ill quickly pipe up some meds for ammo or likewise and we both go away better.

so im getting sick of the server i am on so if anyone know a good server for actual group survival to tell also i would love to know your thoughts on this happening to you?

This is the reason my buddies and I are deploying ourselves as Bandit Hunters. We hit the hot spot sniper hills by Stary, Cherno, and Electro and usually bag 1-3 on each hill.Very entertaining.

Alas it will never stop, people get bored and with anonymity masking the person, they will act out in ways they wouldn't in the real world.

well if you ever need another member please do ask like i said i vouch myself as a Wasteland M.D with all my meds and i can certainly handle a gun, if i can get a jeep up and running again i am a very valuable asset as i can do very quick town raiding for weapons and meds

If you have a gun you can kill me within 3 seconds.

Why would I take the chance when I can take you out first? It's a simple weighing of the risks. Especially given how many others are KoS.

• Like 3

I am part of a group of 5 that started playing about a week ago.

Our experience with people has been so bad that now we just avoid them completely. If we can't avoid them then someone is gonna die....sadly it tends to be me.

• Like 1

I have lots of loot. I don't enjoy spending all day shooting and looting areas when I can't save it in tents/vehicles. Why waste a whole day finding good gear when I could go to a 50 man server, wait a few minutes, kill a few people and then be fully loaded out?

If I see you, I will shoot you that way you can't shoot me.

• Like 2

With easy access to high tier loot from thunderdoming players are gearing up very quickly within a few minutes of locating a body and then with nothing to do they simply hunt other players.

Then there are those who have earnt it, or have found it and don't want to become a bandit. I'm one of those, but I'm helping some mates locate gear, and ultimately I've become a bandit protecting what I have and my friends. If I see a player acting suspiciously in the same town when I'm on overwatch I will shoot on sight, it is just not worth the risk and with zero penalties for downing a player, there is absolutely no reason not to take someone out first.

I'll gladly trade 3 bullets for everything you have even if I'm well stocked. That way I never have to scavenge. I let you do all the job of running around shops/residences/hospitals/etc and take everything from you in exchange for few bullets and making a sound. Plus, I don't give you a chance of killing me. Because I don't know what you're going to do once you see me. What's more, even if you are friendly and weren't going to shoot me, I still don't loose anything if I kill you.

Every mechanic in this game supports killing on sight. Even the skin isn't a reason why I shouldn't shoot everyone I see. I have always considered everyone a threat. The whole skin system doesn't change anything for people who KoS.

• Like 1

I am part of a group of 5 that started playing about a week ago.

Our experience with people has been so bad that now we just avoid them completely. If we can't avoid them then someone is gonna die....sadly it tends to be me.

I am apart of this group.. As we all spawn into the map, we tell each other our locations. Set up a meet point and make our way there. On most of our ways, we do find loot. the more we can find the better we survive as group. We hunt in packs and we help each other.. We all use Teamspeak and ignore the the rest unless otherwise.

I search for my gear and i do not want 1-2 hours go to waste within a few seconds. I do not KoS, i try to avoid players if i see them. If they see me and open fire then i have 3 options:

1) Hide behind cover and try to compromise with them in voice chat (this doesn't normally work)

2) run away and hope i do not run into another KoS'er (Quite hard to do in main towns)

3) Shoot the bastard and then run away or loot them (this works quite well)

Funnily enough, most people who KoS are probably players who used to trust others, and i don't blame them. Who wants to spend a day looting just to get shot by some kid who acted friendly until they got bored?

Being nice and helpful to people just does not work in this mod. On my server I try to be helpful and trusting. I have helped people get fully outfitted several times. My reward was to get shot in the back. I now just avoid everyone and kill anyone that gets close to me if I can't avoid them. It's the only way to survive.

I have had best luck avoiding bandits by using Private Hive servers, with veteran skill level and 3DP and CH off.

I still get shot, but it is at a more realistic (imho) level. Not just EVERY TIME SOMEONE SEES ME FIRST. I think not having any of the crutches really keeps the talentless assholes out. On private hive, they can't server-hop. On veteran skill level they can't scan the bushes until your name lights up. 3dp off, they can't see you around corners without exposing themselves. CH off, they can't pull off crazy hip-shots if you happen to stumble into each other in close-quarters somewhere.

I still get shot time to time, but it is not the same frustration. It's still wrong-place wrong-time, but not constant.

Bandits are bandits and they will always come up with some silly "arguments" supporting their dbag behavior.

I have had best luck avoiding bandits by using Private Hive servers, with veteran skill level and 3DP and CH off.

I still get shot, but it is at a more realistic (imho) level. Not just EVERY TIME SOMEONE SEES ME FIRST. I think not having any of the crutches really keeps the talentless assholes out. On private hive, they can't server-hop. On veteran skill level they can't scan the bushes until your name lights up. 3dp off, they can't see you around corners without exposing themselves. CH off, they can't pull off crazy hip-shots if you happen to stumble into each other in close-quarters somewhere.

I still get shot time to time, but it is not the same frustration. It's still wrong-place wrong-time, but not constant.

Face to face it's not hard to shoot someone without crosshairs,so that is sort of a dumb reason. However, everything else I agree with you 100%. Only those who truely play on everything off and everyhing veteran can tell others what to use.

Every mechanic in this game supports killing on sight.

Every mechanic in this game also supports many many many many many many many other ways of playing.

You CHOOSE to do that... the game doesn't make you, or even encourage it.

You are choosing to be an asshole... nobody is forcing you. :)

~Sol

After skimming through a couple posts in this this thread, including OP's.

I have come to the conclusion that most of you have never seen a real pussy nor been punched in the mouth, ever.

These are two indicators that would make you QQ less about DYING IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME... you ninnies.

P.S.

When I shoot you on sight, I won't even loot your body. The most I will do is hide it so you can't come back to your gun, if you even have one. Heh.

Edited by nicraM

I have come to the conclusion that most of you have never seen a real pussy nor been punched in the mouth, ever.

These are two indicators that would make you QQ less about DYING IN A FUCKING VIDEO GAME... you ninnies.

I'm married with kids and am an ex competitive martial arts champion (won two titles and a few street level comps). I can prove I've fucked at least 3 times, and I'd beat the shit out of you even though now, I'm an old man in comparison.

Learn some manners and respect.

~Sol

Every mechanic in this game also supports many many many many many many many other ways of playing.

You CHOOSE to do that... the game doesn't make you, or even encourage it.

You are choosing to be an asshole... nobody is forcing you. :)

~Sol

Did you even read the rest of my post? I can't loose anything by killing people on sight. I can only gain. The game supports killing on sight. Or maybe should I use word "favors" instead because you seem not to understand.

And no, nobody is forcing me to do the most profitable thing. You know what happens when there is an overpowered strategy or an overpowered weapon in a video game? Everybody uses it. Nobody is forcing people to do it, they do it because it's just better than other strategies/weapons. Can I use something else? Yeah but why would I do that? To put myself at a disadvantage?

Same thing happens here. Killing on sight is the most efficient way of surviving while gearing up really fast. That's the mechanics of DayZ. You can play in a different way but you're putting yourself at a disadvantage.

And that part about being an asshole... See I don't carry my morality into a virtual world. If I did I'd probably have killed myself long time ago since I've killed many people in games like counter strike or battlefield or whatever. And I never felt bad about all those people I've killed. You know why? Because I haven't really killed anyone. I've killed some pixels they were controlling in a video game, that's a voluntary competition, they can just fucking turn it off if they don't want to play. I'm not hurting anyone. Nobody forces you to play the game. And it is just a game.

Edited by SillySil

Did you even read the rest of my post? I can't loose anything by killing people on sight. I can only gain.

Yep, sure did.

... and again, like I said the first time... it's your choice to be an asshole.

Ever heard of "not just thinking of yourself"? I bet you haven't :)

Sure, if you NEED something... whatever, kill whoever. You said yourself if your pack is full and you can't carry any more shit, you'd still do it even if they didn't see you? One word for that man... selfish.

~Sol

Grown men don't white knight on forums. Especially, in regards to PK in a PVP game.

Grown men don't white knight on forums. Especially, in regards to PK in a PVP game.

I just have basic respect for other people.

Think whatever you want, you have no idea who I am or why I'm here in the first place.

~Sol

look at this trollcake... your right and left hand doesn't count for Pu$$y... Sorry never been punched in the face. I live in TX, i have guns and a few of them.

Edited by AMDftw