mattlightfoot

GDC Online Awards

Hi All,

The GDC online awards, have opened up voting for the People's choice award.

If you think DayZ is worthy of this award please vote for us here, http://www.gdconline...om/audience.php

Once you have voted please ensure you click the link in the confirmation e-mail otherwise your vote won't be counted.

• Like 14

I voted for DayZ because no other game can cover my screen up this sexy with artifacting.

Edit: I really did vote for DayZ, it has some of my favorite concepts all put together. :)

Edited by terrex
  • Like 39

I voted for DayZ because no other game can cover my screen up this sexy with artifacting.

lol, got my beans!

Me and Jerome voted for you guys Matt. Only because we felt sorry for you! ;)

Edited by SASR

I voted for DayZ because it's got infinite replayability; every time the server restarts I have to fight to the chopper, fix it up, fly it out of there, and by that time I get to fly it a whole hour before the server restarts and I get to do it all over again.

• Like 11

"Your vote has been validated. Thank you!"

Well deserved.

Edited by BioHaze

I'd vote but I feel the game has been abandoned. Can't even hotfix horrible graphical glitches that make some of the best zones for encounters unplayable. Not a word from rocket on anything in a month. And you want us to vote for you on some videogame website?

Ill vote when your game is playable again.

• Like 16

I'd vote but I feel the game has been abandoned. Can't even hotfix horrible graphical glitches that make some of the best zones for encounters unplayable. Not a word from rocket on anything in a month. And you want us to vote for you on some videogame website?

I completely agree with you, so i made sure to vote on my p.c my wife's p.c and the p.c at work and any other p.c i can find so your loss of vote has been made up for by me.

The game is even more buggy right now and not as enjoyable as when i first started, but the concept has been sold on me with this alpha so bring on the standalone!!! I'd appreciate some continued development of this mod if possible but personally I want Rocket to concentrate on bringing me a final finished standalone product.

• Like 21

I completely agree with you, so i made sure to vote on my p.c my wife's p.c and the p.c at work and any other p.c i can find so your loss of vote has been made up for by me.

Forum needs downvote.

• Like 2

I understand your frustration, but your language seems to suggest we haven't tried.... Any frustration you show at problems with the mod, multiply that by ten and you will be at how frustrating it is for Dean and the rest of the development team when we can't fix things. Now some problems we inherit from Arma 2, some are caused by ourselves, we have released hotfixes to try and fix the graphical glitches, they work for some but they don't for others.

As for word from Rocket, I don't know where you get the impression he isn't talking, there are loads of interview with him at GamesCom. He is with IGN at the moment and will at PAX from tomorrow onwards.

• Like 3

Exactly what I was going to post. I'll show I care when you show you care.

I understand your frustration, but your language seems to suggest we haven't tried.... Any frustration you show at problems with the mod, multiply that by ten and you will be at how frustrating it is for Dean and the rest of the development team when we can't fix things. Now some problems we inherit from Arma 2, some are caused by ourselves, we have released hotfixes to try and fix the graphical glitches, they work for some but they don't for others.

As for word from Rocket, I don't know where you get the impression he isn't talking, there are loads of interview with him at GamesCom. He is with IGN at the moment and will at PAX from tomorrow onwards.

Of course he is talking to IGN, promoting his broken mod. What we want is him on the forums, telling us what you are doing to fix these problems. I'd like to believe you are ten times as frustrated as me, but that would mean Rocket would also be making threads, apologizing for a lack of communication and a thought-out paragraph or two. That's what someone who cared about his community would do... every week.

Please don't tell me he has no time, he sure is capable enough to promote DayZ on Twitter.

Edited by TheDesigner
  • Like 14

You should really just lock all threads of any official capacity because its always self entitled bitching and whining, broken record style crybaby shit over and over. I have stopped coming to the forums as much (these anyway, the RP ones are fine) because of these types of assholes. The best part? They feel inclined to continue with their shit, when they could just move on temporarily, or hopefully forever, to another game.

Got my vote.

• Like 2

Exactly what I was going to post. I'll show I care when you show you care.

Of course he is talking to IGN, promoting his broken mod. What we want is him on the forums, telling us what you are doing to fix these problems. I'd like to believe you are ten times as frustrated as me, but that would mean Rocket would also be making threads, apologizing for a lack of communication and a thought-out paragraph or two. That's what someone who cared about his community would do... every week.

Please don't tell me he has no time, he sure is capable enough to promote DayZ on Twitter.

Why promote DayZ mod when DayZ standalone is coming? Now what would be the benefit in developing the next update for the mod without having trying to solve the issues already with the mod. As is evident, now some of the things we are adding into the mod, are causing more problems. This is why we are working on standalone, because we can solve many issues through going standalone.

Now as for community discussion, myself and Dean and are the two people who read the forums and reply. Two people to a community of over 1,000,000. At that ratio we can never reply to everyone and every question and we are working on improving this, but we can't do everything at once.

Back onto topic, if you don't want to vote for DayZ, please vote for someone you think deserves it :)

• Like 3

i am probably not gonna vote at all but i do hope you guys get enough votes to get the award!

I'd vote for dayz if it was finished. The idea of dayz is great. Once the standalone comes out I doubt there will be any competition..At least in this category of games. WarZ is starting to get more and more unlikely as for over a month they have promised gameplay. Then recently they said we will get more than a gameplay video before September ends....Righttttt...Anyways, Dayz does have it's pros and cons. Cons being the hackers and unstable glitches and such. I figured you would just work on the standalone at this point, which sucks because I have nothing else to really hold me like Dayz does. Most of my friends have quit playing due to the exploits/hackers. So I am really hoping the standalone changes all of that. If it does, you would have my vote easily. Either way, Goodluck. Hope you guys win!

• Like 2

DayZ is one of the best games of all time for me! Great job guys! :thumbsup:

I would vote, but due to un-finished product or atleast updated to work correctly and better then it does turns me away. Don't get me wrong I love the game but it needs worked on to the stand-alone is a huge deal but the mod needs attention as well. Graphics need fixed, saving of tents, inventory, vehicles the list could go on for hours.....Release a working mod and I will vote. Till then good luck!