mattlightfoot

GDC Online Awards

The thing is, we are working on them as well as building the game. We think we have a solution for tents/vehicles, artifacting we are still working on.

Have you considered deleting dead_soldier_0.p3d, dead_soldier_1.p3d, dead_soldier_template.p3d from the *.pbo and be done with it? I suppose wires could still bug out...but it seems the main offenders are the "dead_soldier"s

Maybe add them back somewhere down the line, when/if you get them sorted?

A small loss of immersion, to prevent a major loss of immersion.

I know it is not the preferred solution, but it fucking works for the amazing 2 days I ran it....until a admin finally replied and said "no editing *.pbo" (My eyes and I still hate legacy for it)

• Like 4

Can we get a guess-timate as to when we might receive 1.7.3? :)

1 more week? 2 weeks? A month perhaps?

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

September 5th I believe it was. Or 6th. Something like that.

• Like 1

if you think this broken mod deserves the award more than Journey there's something wrong with you.

Havent played it, no desire too. Not all genres appeal to everyone, side scrolling 2D isnt one for me, at least not in the modern sense. I like the classics no doubt. This mod has executed, even in broken fashion, something I consider perfect for me. My only point in ranting is that people seem to make too much of the issues when no one is holding a gun to their head to play it. That and they dont take into consideration all the facts surrounding why its still broken, and feel that since its important to them it should be fixed right now, not later.

Matt said that only AFTER September 6th (when Rocket comes back). So it can be on the 6th or a month after 6th or a year.

Now as for tents we believe we have a fix to be included in the update but this is pending testing.

Since tents are already broken anyway, why not release a patch only for this NOW and let US test?

Anyone else notice that all the guys hating in this thread, have a very low post count and no display pic ? Could it be that these guys all fell victim to my ban hammer ? :P

Don't ask me to vote on DayZ Mod, it's pretty broken. The concept of the game is amazing, just poorly executed. Perhaps the standalone, but that's not here yet is it? I'm sure there are games better fit for the award.

Edited by CamP

I think DayZ deserves a vote. But more importantly it needs a bigger dev team because they seem absolutely swarmed.

I'm a patient guy and will wait for fixes so I don't complain as much as others but the tents and vehicles need an urgent fix. To me it's the biggest problem. My buddies and I can put up with the graphical glitches as it's just a case of quickly flushing the screen or rejoining. But our server has emptied since the latest patch because the regulars can't progress.

We rolled our server back to 1.7.2.4 just so we could save vehicles and tents again but it's still pretty empty most nights because hardly anyone is using this patch.

To be honest I don't really care that much about dogs either. They'll just be bandit magnets. Zombie dogs would be a more welcomed addition, there's plenty of doghouses for them to spawn at, and they could be very rare to spawn and be a bigger threat.

But right now, the major bugs have gotta be fixed before adding more stuff. Stabilize the game so at least the whiners have nothing to moan about and can only get excited about new additions to come.

Complaints aside. You have my vote and I wish you all the best!

[...] i think something will move/change if the players in last 24h will move under 100.000 in the next 2-3 weeks [...]

sorry for quoting my self but here we go : Players in Last 24h:100,135

we will see if the glitch-fixes bring the players back, but i think the meta game "death match with some zombies" will not bring the most player back

Voted as this is clearly the best game iv'e played in the best part of 10 years ! Not since the days of final fantasy 7 and halo have i been so hooked on a game.

you cant be hooked on it now though?

unless your a hacker or you take LSD nightly and watch all the beautifull artifacts floating around.......

you cant be hooked on it now though?

unless your a hacker or you take LSD nightly and watch all the beautifull artifacts floating around.......

Not Really, Id say im just as hooked on the game as he is, Yea the Hackers and artifacts kills the gameplay atm, but thats what Lingor island and private hives are for. Im fully geared up on the main hive but aint played it in weeks really, yet i still bounce on Dayz when i can. Just got to enjoy the parts of the game that hasn't been ruined yet, like grabbing that Lee and running to eletro >=)

Excuse my ignorance, but can't you just delete the old assets causing artifacts and create new ones? I mean...body bags and tents. Seems easier to just recreate them.

Jay,

it has already been tried to rebinarize the files and repack the assets.

It's, from what I have been hearing, slightly puzzling why people still have these issues. This is exacerbated by the fact that the people reporting the issues have wildly different systems and no consistent pattern has emerged.

If you vote for the GDC Audience Award, you vote for your favorite game. not the most stable one, or the most successful one, but for the one you favor most this year.

I voted for DayZ because its unique, because it provides players with choice unparalleled, because it is immensly fun despite its alpha status and all it means (tents, glitches, duping, we all been there).

If you enjoy dumbed-down on-rails shooters, thats fine. Dont vote then. But if you enjoy the concept of DayZ, and want to make an impact on the way games are developed, then you should vote.

Edited by e47

Jay,

it has already been tried to rebinarize the files and repack the assets.

It's, from what I have been hearing, slightly puzzling why people still have these issues. This is exacerbated by the fact that the people reporting the issues have wildly different systems and no consistent pattern has emerged.

wanna know how to stop 90% of artifacting??? delete the dead soldier bodies on the map.. OMFG im so smart! and that wouldn't take more than a day to.. and then release as a hotfix.. and everyone would be happy

Wow, your good at this! I can't wait to see your upcoming mod!

im just saying what alot of people are thinking

Mate, don't mean to be funny but if you can't keep your cool should you really be a moderator?

Now you might be up for removing peoples freedom to free speech but forums tend to be a place for people to vent their spleens about things, good and bad things. I suggest if you feel the need to be aggressive to people you disagree with that either you learn to hold your tongue and be a moderator or quit your role.

Edited by Never

That's not really aggressive. Sarcastic, yes. In that regard I appologise.

I'd vote for dayz if it was finished. The idea of dayz is great. Once the standalone comes out I doubt there will be any competition..At least in this category of games. WarZ is starting to get more and more unlikely as for over a month they have promised gameplay. Then recently they said we will get more than a gameplay video before September ends....Righttttt...Anyways, Dayz does have it's pros and cons. Cons being the hackers and unstable glitches and such. I figured you would just work on the standalone at this point, which sucks because I have nothing else to really hold me like Dayz does. Most of my friends have quit playing due to the exploits/hackers. So I am really hoping the standalone changes all of that. If it does, you would have my vote easily. Either way, Goodluck. Hope you guys win!

ive seen at least 3 gameplay videos of warz not sure what rock you live under. also if you want more than that wait for september to end like they said....september JUST started..

nice attitude towards someone with the best solution, its obvious rocket has no solutions or he might not even care, he would rather preform numerous pointless interviews.

there is no reason those bodies have to stay, if theyre causing such an awful bug just remove them.

• Like 1

It's actually an issue being caused from within the Arma engine. That's why it's been so hard for them to fix because they don't have access to it. If it was just a case of deleting some objects it would have been fixed on day one.

• Like 1