Sign in to follow this  
Protein (DayZ)

TRAIN

Hello! How about the TRAIN goes all the way from Kemenka to Solnechniy (in both directions) and makes stops in cities/villages for 20 seconds. You can get in or get off the train and go by train in city you need.

Like you enter to room in factory there is must be the possibility to enter to wagon and go through wagons or shoot from train windows. Maybe in some wagon you'll meet bandit and start to fight there. In station you can get off the train if you can't fight him if you are still alive.

Maybe is better to make train goes to the north of the map too.

It's also good way to meet your team. When you getting off the train , others that waiting for you can cover you.

Also if you are running from zombies/bandits and here the train is entering in the city/village you can catch the train and they won't.

• Like 12

A fixable train would be great, but an autonomous one? Nah.

It's not about to fix and steal all the train with wagons, It's about everybody can use it at day and night to get to city/village they want. Train should be independent.

Edited by Protein
  • Like 2

Absolutely agree with Protein. Trains should be in this game. it will make gameplay more exciting!

Edited by zoom3k

Yeah.... there are no free rides in the zombie apocolypse...

And free endless fuel in tanks? And if you broke leg and injected morphine you can run? In reality you go to hospital for 2 months. It's not about apocalypsis. It's about killing other players. Apocalypsis it's just a reason for this to happen.

The train must be. I want to go by train to city i want and not to run in forest for 80% time of playing. Who wants to run , still can do it.

nah no automated train. Once an inhabited area gets wiped out after a few days power and utilities go down; there actually needs to be a monkey man hittin switches or things in our society shut down.

Now if the devs wanted to implement a fixable train for players to have fun with I can only imagine the endless train wars, hijackings, and explosive subversiveness it would add to the game

What protein suggessted and you supported is free automatic travel for everyone with the use of a train and that aint cool man; thats anti-Dayz

• Like 8

Now if the devs wanted to implement a fixable train for players to have fun with I can only imagine the endless train wars, hijackings, and explosive subversiveness it would add to the game

And you want to run through the woods only?

What protein suggessted and you supported is free automatic travel for everyone with the use of a train and that aint cool man; thats anti-Dayz

And to run through the woods in 90% of time are cool?

now, players have only 2 reasons that allows them to get good weapons and vehicles much easier then it should be:

1. cheaters, that spawns to the map lots of vehicles and weapons.

2. alt+f4 save your equipment.

When developers remove such bugs like alt+f4, and make anti cheat system work, the most players will be concerned how to get good weapons and vehicles. So, will be more "running through the woods". Train must be in game, whatever automated it would be or not, but it's needed a fast way to get from one big city to another from your start point.

no... no... aaaaaand no. Trains are retarded

EDIT: How come any semi-interesting idea/suggestion on these forums gets instantly shot down but the idea of a train rolling through a post apocalyptic world passes by unnoticed?

Edited by Slavinkje
  • Like 2

how would trains be working in the zombie apocalypse? crashed trains with crates of food and a few flares would be ok but AI bandits inside them? this game is not a game for AI unless their zombies

like i said..if the implement the rail system to be fixable/interactive, I think thats fine. Hell it would add more content anyways.

But to have it run all day up down the coast like the Op suggessted is silly; its an instant i win system for travel which doesnt add anything

• Like 1

I vote for an Automated train, or one manned by an NPC driver, im all for fixing up a train and tooling around with it on the tracks but lets face it when your home base is way to the north and you just spawn in kamenka, waiting for a train to take you part of the way back to your base would be way more beneficial to a server than having to walk.

And of course the risk comes in the form of people shooting at the train as it passes, it should be like the bus tho, not something you walk around in but that you just sit in.

As for the automation it could be an early solar power prototype and not have need for manned interaction, but really all of you whining about the lack of power are just nitpicking to derail the idea.

roll on trains please and not ones you need to fix cos thats fucking stupid, its not a car.

good idea but only if players will have to repair it, refuel it and if player will drive.

good idea but only if players will have to repair it, refuel it and if player will drive.

When you spawn you have to go by train to city you want. It's not about fixing the train. It's like tramp. You don't have tools for repairing. Repair cars when you come to city by train

Edited by Protein

I vote for an Automated train, or one manned by an NPC driver, im all for fixing up a train and tooling around with it on the tracks but lets face it when your home base is way to the north and you just spawn in kamenka, waiting for a train to take you part of the way back to your base would be way more beneficial to a server than having to walk.

And of course the risk comes in the form of people shooting at the train as it passes, it should be like the bus tho, not something you walk around in but that you just sit in.

As for the automation it could be an early solar power prototype and not have need for manned interaction, but really all of you whining about the lack of power are just nitpicking to derail the idea.

roll on trains please and not ones you need to fix cos thats fucking stupid, its not a car.

if you spawn in Kamenka go somewhere else or die and respawn closer to your "camp"

this isnt about just you getting to where you want to go

by giving people automatic transportation it limits the random encounters between players even more. I am sorry you find it frustrating that walking and survival is part of the game. I hope you learn to embrace it instead of asking for instant transportation. No one is nitpicking, Im against you getting transportation up and down the coast just because you claim its too hard to use your feet.

You do know bicycle spawns in kamenka would fix your problem right? They spawn there allllll the time

• Like 1

Exactly, if you're tired of walking find any of the vehicles that are already in Chernarus and fix them up.

Exactly, if you're tired of walking find any of the vehicles that are already in Chernarus and fix them up.

When you spawn you have to go by train to city you want. It's not about fixing the train. It's like tramp. You don't have tools for repairing. Repair cars when you come to city by train

Edited by Magic27

Isn't Rocket all about giving the community the tools to do stuff and then watching to see what happens ?

I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually gave the community the tools to get the railroad operating and run it themselves.

On some servers it would be bandit operated, and on others a survivor operated service.

Then once we get horses (community created again) we can play Butch Cassidy and rob the trains.

• Like 1

I want operable railroads. A fully functioning train might be pushing it a bit. Autonomous functioning train? Cherno is not exactly downtown Washington. So, nah.

Now, Handcars!

That kweek-kweek in the night.

http://api.ning.com/...v8u/handcar.jpg

Edited by Axelord FTW
  • Like 3

Im against you getting transportation up and down the coast just because you claim its too hard to use your feet.

He is not claiming its too hard to use feet. He is claiming it is too boring to run throught the forest 90% of gaming time. And there should be some options for player how to get to big city or meet his mates after player respawn more quickly.

You don't want to spend half of your time running? Get a vehicle...

Putting a train in will just result in more butthurt for the impatient kids that choose to ride it. I for one would definitely camp the train station with my sniper picking you all off whilst you wait/depart.

He is not claiming its too hard to use feet. He is claiming it is too boring to run throught the forest 90% of gaming time. And there should be some options for player how to get to big city or meet his mates after player respawn more quickly.

THEN PLAY SOMETHING ELSE. THAT IS PART OF THE EXPERIENCE THAT ROCKET INTENDED.

You think surviving would be easy in such an environment? No. It's all about the feeling that you're alone, facing a massive task just to get your next meal/drink.

If autonomous trains get put into this game I'll stop playing. I play DayZ because it isn't following the usual methods of modern gaming by making everything easy for people who are incapable.

Edited by Jim Bean
  • Like 3

So...who is driving the train? Zombies. Zombie train. New movie idea: Snakes on a Plane Zombies on a Train

• Like 2