Sign in to follow this  
The_Albatros

Bandit needing help to become a hero

I'm a bandit.

Thing is, I don't want to be a bandit.

Killing players is easy and fun for a while, but slowly get repetitive and boring. I've gotten completely over the fear of losing my high end gear, actually gone to the length of giving away my AS50 and Mk. 48 to random spawns on the beach.

All I want to do is become a hero and interact with people more, helping in any way I can, giving out weapons and giving rides in my cars or huey.

Problem is, I have a bandit skin, which signals to everyone "hurr guilt-free kill guys" and I constantly have beaners trying to kill me to no success.

"That's not much of a problem, just go give your friends blood bags" you say, here's the actual problem, the part I'm stuck with and need help.

I have -189381 humanity. <pic>

I need help becoming a hero.

Hahaah, sorry but Hydras right buddy.

karmas a bitch, gotta pay the price.

Just keep yourself logged in and go do other stuff, your humanity goes up every once in a while just by staying logged in

Umm, i don't know what to tell you but with a number like that i'd stay way the hell away from you. And the fact that you're driving hacked vehicles around airstrips just confuses me so much. I understand theres a possibility you can find them due to the high number of hackers... but seriously ? You're literally trying to get yourself convincted of hacking with that pic by itself man lol

Edited by Othra

/facepalm for posting a pic of you driving around in a scripted vehicle. I wonder if the fruits of scripting had any help in your extremely low humanity. The best way to fix your humanity is to not murder people in the first place. What you are experiencing right now is called consequence. I hope you've learned a lesson.

• Like 2

Just keep yourself logged in and go do other stuff, your humanity goes up every once in a while just by staying logged in

thats not right. if u dont move u wont gain humanity. it goes up by walking/running. i figured its about 150 humanity every 2000m traveled. so going all around along the map bordes doing about 50 circles should get him nearly to zero^^

@RaysGoodLiquor

When 90% of all servers are hacked, you're bound to find hacked vehicles.

Me and my friend in this image were driving a legit quad bike we found, when suddenly we see a black SUV just sitting behind some trees at NWAF.

Even the AS50 I mentioned in my initial post was a thermal scope. There is a ridiculous amount of scripters.

http://i.imgur.com/3IIqn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yo7EW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b6X5W.jpg

Redemption is a hard road. Good luck, but don't expect much help or sympathy along the way.

@RaysGoodLiquor

When 90% of all servers are hacked, you're bound to find hacked vehicles.

Me and my friend in this image were driving a legit quad bike we found, when suddenly we see a black SUV just sitting behind some trees at NWAF.

Even the AS50 I mentioned in my initial post was a thermal scope. There is a ridiculous amount of scripters.

http://i.imgur.com/3IIqn.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yo7EW.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b6X5W.jpg

So would you say that you are contributing to the problem, or the solution?

I understand the Issue. I'm in the same boat. Me and some friends one time decided to have fun. I'm at -220,000. The issue I have is that was over a month ago. I feel that when I die I should reset(being all my other stats reset) if the idea is permanent death so your character is completely gone why isn't the humanity? Also let me be clear on the glitches with humanity. Mine has not counted down a single point since it went zero and I run a lot. Giving blood bags takes it down, but at time I will be shot at by survivors that I have to kill. And for some reason it always counts as a murder. A murder for me is about -7000, so let me explain the pointlessness of blood bags. That is 28 blood bags! Even farming someone in a hospital wouldnt be worth it. They need to fixes for the system. Because the system as it is basically says once you mess up keep at it there is no redemption.

"hey, i am a mass murderer, but lost the fun in it, so here is a free lollipop, are we even now?"

there is redemption. but it is not easy. you chose the path conciously, and now you face the consequences. if you really want to be a hero, start acting like one.

Obviously you need to let the bad blood out.

I'm sure lots here would be perfectly willing to help you with that one...

"hey, i am a mass murderer, but lost the fun in it, so here is a free lollipop, are we even now?"

there is redemption. but it is not easy. you chose the path conciously, and now you face the consequences. if you really want to be a hero, start acting like one.

Except saving people from other people and giving them beans will not do it. The issue is there really isn't a way to redeem yourself once you're that far gone. Unless you and a friend sit in the hospital and constantly give them bloodbags( takes away the point of the game) and not kill anyone no matter what( basically just let them kill you if they are shooting, takes away the point of even plying.) then you're screwed. And what's the point of playing a game that penalizes you for dying by taking your murder and bandit kills away, but then also penalizes you by not taking away the humanity rating your previous character had? They need a better system

It doesn't reset because then there's no point in humanity. It's just an arbitrary (even more than it already is) single life-long stat. It doesn't reset because what you do in the game across all lives should be reflected. If it didn't save you could easily become a hero and then, while some survivors trust you because of that skin, kill them because you are really a bandit; all in one life.

To lower that humanity you really just have to blood bag people. It's going to take a while but you should have thought of that before you killed so many people. Apparently bandit kills don't count towards humanity but I don't know, I killed a bandit a week or two ago and it definitely jumped me from 5k to around 9k, and recently I killed one that jumped me from 22k to 28k. It's glitched in so many ways I don't think it would surprise anyone if that was a glitch too.

Edited by Dutch Miller

Put on Camo Clothing. You might be able to get by on that ambiguity.

Or you might get shot. Hard to say. Either way, get to bloodbaggin.

Being new, I don't have much to contribute, but maybe your redemption should be in the form of service of something greater than a humanity score at the moment.

You can't help me: I'm too green. There are ropes I still need to learn.

Why not try helping the Wasteland Medics? One of their medics gave me some serious help. It'd help you get more blood transfusions, and there are people who work as bodyguards for TWM which could be useful.

As for those chiming about consequence: yes. He is paying the price. He's going through the process of redemption. Which is going to be a *long* road. But, if you guys can put him to use, why not?

It doesn't reset because then there's no point in humanity. It's just an arbitrary (even more than it already is) single life-long stat. It doesn't reset because what you do in the game across all lives should be reflected. If it didn't save you could easily become a hero and then, while some survivors trust you because of that skin, kill them because you are really a bandit; all in one life.

To lower that humanity you really just have to blood bag people. It's going to take a while but you should have thought of that before you killed so many people. Apparently bandit kills don't count towards humanity but I don't know, I killed a bandit a week or two ago and it definitely jumped me from 5k to around 9k, and recently I killed one that jumped me from 22k to 28k. It's glitched in so many ways I don't think it would surprise anyone if that was a glitch too.

its not like i started my character saying,"im going to murder people." however people would shoot at me and ask questions later because i had an m4 cco sd, it wasnt until i had -16000 humanity from simply defending myself that i said the hell with it and had fun. btw thats 880 bloodbags. the standalone of dayz 29 will be out by the time i do that legit. and if it is a stat that carries. then so should kills. how can they say permadeath lose everything. except the one and only negative stat.