Taiphoz

Weapon Cleaning and Degrading.

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should Guns Rust/Degrade Etc

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

The cleaning kit should be unlimited. Like your matches or stay sharp knife.

There are assumptions in game that are used to simplify certain mechanics and even though we still haven't discovered the everlasting gobstopper, we are still comfortable with the idea of our bottomless box if matches.

Weapon degradation is a difficult mechanic as modern weapons are really designed to function for many thousands of uses before wearing out.

But jams caused by a dirty weapon would certainly make it interesting if you then have to go through the mechanic of unjamming and readying the weapon for use.

Imagine a 30second delay in the middle of a firefight or just as that zed train got you cornered in the apartments.

Now that would make good fraps cinema. ;)

Edited by EMT - Jasz

The cleaning kit should be unlimited. Like your matches or stay sharp knife.

offtopic

Matches shoudln't be unlimited (usually you would die before they ran out, but still), also they should get wet if you swim or stay long in a rain without having something to cover them, maybe a plastic bag. Just saying :)

• Like 1

16 slots? Are you fucking kidding me? I can fit an LMG, another pistol and a dildo to fuck myself with after hearing this in place of 1 weapon cleaner. Worst idea ever because of that.

16 slots? Are you fucking kidding me? I can fit an LMG, another pistol and a dildo to fuck myself with after hearing this in place of 1 weapon cleaner. Worst idea ever because of that.

WoW - really. This is as constructive as you could get.

Yes we all agree that the 16 slots is extreme and maybe a typo.

Let us suggest 1 slot on the tool belt and leave it at that.

the cleaning kit should take up a tool slot like matches etc, there should be alot more tools to make players actually decide what tools they wish to carry, it will let players customize their character. You should be able to get a cleaning kit and a weapon tool kit, the cleaning kit should be used for obvious reasons and the tool kit used for removing/adding modifications to weapons found in the world and from other weapons, for example an M4 holo's parts should be transferrable to an m16, it will allow players to customize and be proud of thier weapons people wont want to go and get killed with thier 40 day old M4 with all the bells and whistles because they would need to build the weapon again

so a weapon cleaning set is bigger and heavier than a main rotor assembly?

else i am all for weapon degration, makes the AKM shine even more