HappyMushroom

I'm a hero. I have a big gun. Do you shoot me?

221 members have voted

1. 1. I'm a hero. I have a big gun. Do you shoot me?

• No, I know what hero skins are, so I leave him to his peace.
    • Yes, I don't trust anyone in this game.
    • Yes, I am a bean bandit for life.
    • I have not played this game enough to see/know what a hero skin is or looks like.

Seeing that people like my friend who murder everyone in site still end up with a hero skin. Yeah I would kill you on site not taking a chance.

the Hero skin is such a great addition ! I doesn't ensure that the folks aren't willing to kill you but it show that the guy has been good lately.

I wouldn't shoot you no matter what gun or clothing your were wearing.

• Like 2

Are you in my territory without permission?

Are you helping my enemies?

Do you have something I need?

Did I see you acquire that equipment within my territory without permission?

Were you part of a group who blew up/stole my vehicles?

Were you part of a group who blew up/raided my camp?

Were you the one who blew up my hospital and grocery stores?

Do I just plain not like you?

Did you make an aggressive move?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions then yes I will and not even think twice about doing it.

If the answer to all of the above is no? Then probably not, or I will at least give you a warning shot for you to clear out.

I'd say with skins/ humanity in present unpredictable state I'd just assume you were a threat regardless of what you look like.

I have -80,000 karma, how many heroes do you think asked that too? ;)

You lack another very much needed answer... No, I would not shoot on sight, not because you are a hero, but because you are another person. I avoid conflict where ever possible. I could care less about your clothes. But the moment I notice someone looks at me, that's when my RoE change. I know I've been shot for no reason before, I know how it feels. I'm not going to set myself out to do the same to someone else who doesn't deserve it, bandit, survivor, hero, I don't care. We all spend AGES trying to get what we've gotten. Until I am threatened, I see no reason to end someones life, let alone their hard work.

• Like 1

You lack another very much needed answer... No, I would not shoot on sight, not because you are a hero, but because you are another person. I avoid conflict where ever possible. I could care less about your clothes. But the moment I notice someone looks at me, that's when my RoE change. I know I've been shot for no reason before, I know how it feels. I'm not going to set myself out to do the same to someone else who doesn't deserve it, bandit, survivor, hero, I don't care. We all spend AGES trying to get what we've gotten. Until I am threatened, I see no reason to end someones life, let alone their hard work.

Nice to see someone trying to do this.

I would kill you on sight with an axe and take all your gear or just hide your body and watch you running around hearing flies but not getting ur stuff back from some hill or house. :P

Edited by Vipala

I really don't know but I don't want to kill you anyways. I don't care what gear you have but the only people I kill on sight are bandits but then, in this game I can't trust anyone so I think I would hold you at gun point and use voice com to tell you to turn your back on me, lay down. Remove your weapons then follow me for a while untill I release you and we go about our bussines. I might also just run away and if you start to shoot and follow me I would try to run into the woods, lay down under a tree and shoot you if you follow me.

This is if I have good gear otherwise I wouldnt care if you shoot me but right now I have a good gear and I don't want to loose it.

I shoot heroes, bandits and survivors on sight, unless they're a fresh spawn. I'm pretty friendly and helpful on the beach to new players, but when I'm geared and with my crew, everyone has a bulls eye marked out on them. It's nothing personal, it's DayZ!

No, I only shoot for self defense (or protecting my friends). Since you are in hero skin, it's very likely that you are friendly, so I would probably try to walk up to you and try to communicate with you in direct communication voice chat channel.

Edited by Wüstenfuchs
  • Like 1

I`ve played for a few weeks now and I used to pride myself on never shooting first (survivor or bandit) and it cost me my life on more than one occasion, but I just kept right on being the same way. At least. until yesterday when I met up with a survivor being chased by Zeds and bleeding in Bolata. I told him I was friendly, and I helped him with the Zeds, then I bandaged him up and we talked for a while as we hunted for some weapons for him. After about 20 minutes his friend joins the group and we move over to the Medic tents to scavenge .. I must have found and gave him about 20 rounds for his shotgun .. and all of a sudden I hear a boom with my back turned, and he shoots me twice, then his buddy joins in with a Makarov and I die. No reason why, no threat .. nothing but help to someone in trouble. That kind of crap certainly makes we want to shoot on sight from now on, that`s for sure!

I don't.

Why?

I don't shoot other players.

Even aggressive ones. I run.

I ever had to kill one of them because I couldn't loose him and he was a hatchet maniac. After twenty five minutes of running and both my hunger and thirst about to hit flashing red status, I had to turn around and point-blank 8Rnd Pellets him.

And I know what the hero skin is. If I figure I can't avoid him, I'll try to contact him, calling friendly, open for trade and free BJ as bonus (the last part saved me from bandits a few times actually, only had to "act it out" once).

• Like 1

If you have a hero skin? Yes. Gun or not, I am going to kill you. It isn't about the gear. ;)

A fifth option to hide myself until you leave would be nice.

Otherwise, I'd shoot you despite not wanting to simply because of the DayZ "perpetual spiral" which is always growing bigger and fuelling itself. This perpetual spiral starts off as the first people playing DayZ. Most of them are nice to eachother and help eachother, but one of them is a bandit and shoots anyone they see. Many people begin to distrust and stop helping people, meaning many feel isolated and do not trust anybody. As more and more bandits crop up, peaceful survivors begin unwillingly shooting on sight because the majority of people they see do the same. Now do you see where I'm going? More and more people end up shooting on sight due to a lack of trust, and even I am part of this system. The heroes don't live long enough, and so there are so few (I've never seen a hero yet, on a ~5 player server for a few weeks).

So, eventually, we could end up having 98% of DayZ players shooting on sight, despite that being unwillingly. That's the perpetual spiral (that I came up with and think is actually pretty cool).

I imagine that, despite the fact that most people have said they wouldn't shoot you, most of them are probably lying or unaware that they would shoot on sight unwillingly.

No. I only shoot people if they are extremely heavily armed, or are shooting at me. If they have no weapons, or have only a makarov, I will not shoot. I also know that if I tried to shoot a hero and failed, he could catch up and axe murder me because of his speed % buff.

I probably wouldn't see your skin as I scout with the L85. I would avoid you at all costs and only shoot if you made a bee line for me with that large gun out, however if you pulled your side arm and ran to me I would try to make contact.

I wear my Hero clothes with pride, it sux not knowing what your Humanity is upto when log into a server, to find out i need to change into either camo clothes or a ghilli suit then logout then back in again so debug monitor shows true stats, wish they would fix it, last time i checked anyhow, my humanity is now climbing above +32,000, quite the bountry for some imbred buck toothed Bandit eh? so to all Hero's out there, wear your hero clothes with pride, it just might save your life.

Personaly i dont trust anyone wearing a ghilli suit or camo clothes, they now only serve to aid bandits whom wish disguise there true identity. So i wont approach those wearing them.

• Like 1