Uncommon Infected

New at dayz and I have a problem...

Well laptops can be (almost) as good as desktops. I have an Alienware M17xR4 with I7 12 GB ram GTX 675 graphics and everything works just fine on highest settings (dayz, battlefield 3, skyrim, crysis, and more), but you've got to pay almost the double amount a desktop would cost. for me, 1000$ more are worth the mobility, but if you dont wanna pay that much, get a gaming desktop with the same setting but half the price.

Well laptops can be (almost) as good as desktops. I have an Alienware M17xR4 with I7 12 GB ram GTX 675 graphics and everything works just fine on highest settings (dayz, battlefield 3, skyrim, crysis, and more), but you've got to pay almost the double amount a desktop would cost. for me, 1000$ more are worth the mobility, but if you dont wanna pay that much, get a gaming desktop with the same setting but half the price.

Yea I bought the m17 r4 as well and it runs it pretty well on high settings with a graphics card half as good as yours. Mines the radeon 7970 but still allows me to play crysis and other games on max with no problems whatsoever. Cost me 1800 bucks but if you can't spend as much build a pc for less than half the price.

So today was the day! I was getting ready to play some awesome DAYZ, I got in a server, started playing and realized that even with my SHIT LAPTOP this game is really good, but it is laggy. What should I do? Should I stop wasting my time in the lag, keep playing or get a new laptop?( I might be getting one later this month)

I have an amazing gaming laptop but my fps is always shit. If you're lagging its most like the server as i almost never have lag but sometimes there's that 1 server where i could run in a circle and see myself running where i was 15 seconds ago :P

Its ultimately your choice but pricewise you can get a much more powerful desktop than a laptop. For example a $1000 desktop will have better specs than a $1000 laptop.

Yeah this is generalising a little but you cannot even come close to equal specs for price between laptop and desktop.

I suggest getting a desktop!

EDIT: And DON"T get a MAC they are almost impossible to upgrade and are ridiculously overpriced compared to a PC with equal stats

Yes Macs are great for work, not for play.

Well, I'm looking for desktops and I am no good with specs but I saw a pretty cheap desktop. Here are the specs:

• 2.7Ghz AMD A4-3400 65w Processor
  • 4GB DDR3 Ram
  • 1TB Hard Drive
  • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 405 phics card (DVI, HDMI, VGA ports)

Laptops work just fine don't let these imbacels tell you otherwise. My main playing rig is a desktop, but I do play on my 3 yo laptop time to time, which plays pretty smooth on medium settings @ 1680x1050. :)

Laptop - Toshiba x205-SLi6 (SLI 8600gt's) / 4gb ram / Win7 / Core 2 Duo @ 2.4ghz

The main thing about this game is your latency. Get under 80 ping on a server and you should be good to go. :)

Edited by Tw0

For 300 euro's you can build yourselves a budget system;

Asrock 960 GM motherboard 40,50

AMD Athlon II X2 260 46,50

Corsair 2 GB 1333 ram 12,90

WD 250 GB harddisk 48,00

Sony dvdburner 16,60

Sapphire HD 6670 67,50 (best budget card according to Toms hardware)

Rasurbo 550 watt PSU 26,60

MsTech case 26,30

15 euro's for shipping/postal and voila play dayz on high settings.

Do not ever waste your money something like this... I think you just copy pasted some shit from internet. This kind of PC was "good" like 5 years ago..

You can get good gaming pc(~600) and upgrade it after few years with a part or two, with the price of a good gaming laptop(1000+)...

Edited by Zeppa