scourg3

Your "hidden" camps.

Thanks to whoever had a camp west of Myshkino.

Especially for the M16A4 with ACOG, 2 Ghillie suits & all the ammo :)

• Like 1

Good ole Nick. I killed you twice yesterday with the M107. I was looting your shit in the middle of the field near Balota when the server reset so what I got didn't end up in my inventory upon next login if that makes you feel any better.

• Like 1

I don't really bother to hide my tents. I just stick them where I know other people will have camps too. That way I can loot their stuff and serverhop over to where my tents are and put it with my stuff.

If I find a vehicle, that will change, but finding vehicles without a vehicle is just a pain.

If you really search, there are places that are so good for a tent that it would be extremely unlikely it would be found unless someone is cheating. You can literally walk around the bush/trees and even with object details set to low there is no sign of a tent at all being in it.

Edited by Bubba Jones

Thanks to whoever had a camp west of Myshkino.

Especially for the M16A4 with ACOG, 2 Ghillie suits & all the ammo :)

All of which the owner of the tent will have back, right after the next server reset.

I've had 1 tent location that was never found, but every vehicle I placed close by were always taken. Tents are hard enough to hide properly but might as well forget hiding a vehicle out side of maybe a heli that can just be placed somewhere that it require a heli to get to. That of course is only 1 server hop away from being taken.

"OH I haz an idea guis! Les hide our clanss' tens and vehickels on top fo mIsty Peak!!1! No one ever going 2 look ther!"

People aren't even bothering to hide tents any more.

Us 252 last night(for me) I arrived just after some catastrophic event had set the sky ablaze in cherno.

There were dead bodies everywhere, the fly buzzing kind, and I couldn't search or loot any of them.

It was in the night time cycle but the place was bright as day, with an orange tinge.

Anyway, I found tents at the military base, right outside the military tents and in front of them and two at the firestation, just outside the back door.

On another us server, might have been 2087 or something, there was a tent on the well at the barracks.

With the current glitch, there is no point hiding tents. If someone raids your gear then you will get it all back next server reset.........unless! ;)

My friends and I have got a large camp with multiple vehicles that no one has stumbled across for over 2 months. The beauty of the camp is that you have to be withing 100m to even have a chance of seeing one of the vehicles and since we own the sky we don't have to worry about it being found in that manner.

We are living the helicopter age in DayZ. Every tent can be seen easily from above so it is not so important to find a perfect spot. Since the tents are duping stuff anyway the quantity of the tents is more important than the quality of the placement.

But I cannot understand those clans who build massive tent cities on northern and eastern borders and put everything in one place. Those tent cities are so easy to spot due their size and everyone is seeking tents from those remote places. Adding wire fencing does not bring any more security, those fenced camps are just easier to spot. Toolbox is a common item and fences do not stop anyone.

I doubt many people believe their tent will never be found by anyone - ever. The idea is to place it somewhere that reduces the chances that it will be found soon or often and extend the useful life of the tent. I've found plenty of tents way out on the edges of the map and either found nothing better than I currently had or only took one weapon or item from several available. Yes, that person's tent was 'found' but they didn't lose much or nothing at all when I found it. A 'good' hiding spot is the difference between your tent being randomly discovered once every two weeks or five times a day. Once every two weeks and it might remain a viable re-stocking place for a while. Several times a day and it's just a waste of time and gear.

Good ole Nick. I killed you twice yesterday with the M107. I was looting your shit in the middle of the field near Balota when the server reset so what I got didn't end up in my inventory upon next login if that makes you feel any better.

It makes me feel better that it was a different Nick lol. I was however near the Airstrip yesterday morning but swiftly made my way north with no hiccups.

Still got my M16A4 with ACOG :P

I went to NW airfield the other day.. the barracks had nothing of use in them.. but right outside the south barracks i found 2 tents loaded with gear.. one had a DRM the other had M14, as well as shit load of other decent stuff in. Pretty weird. neither were in 'bait' locations, both were stuffed with gear.

In my group we don't make a camp. We place tents well hidden in different areas within a reasonable distance. That way the possibility of losing much loot is inferior (that is before 1.7.2.5 and it's phoenix camp tents)

Got hacked today and lost my L85 ... i was running out of cherno and thought ... "damn i need my l85" ... 1 min later i ran through a tree and stopped .... i was in 3rd person so i switched to 1st person and saw a tent ... 1 x L85 , 3 x Stanag ... and thats it! ... nothing else in this tent ...

kinda creepy ... but who cares ... thanks for the l85 :-)