Sign in to follow this  
colekern

Does anyone else notice how horribly flawed the humanity system is?

Has anyone noticed this? Let's say I'm with a buddy. A bandit shoots my friend in the face, so I sneak up behind him and kill. It then gives me a seriously low humanity score, when I was just defending myself!!

By the way, does anyone know if Rocket has plans to remove it?

It will most likely be worked on... wait for it to be fixed. ;)

Could'nt it be made so that if someone wounds you for the next 5 minutes (or other amount of time) if you kill them it counts as self defense and not murder?

It's a work in progress. And by that I mean, it's a stand-in system that was necessary to retain some stability in the mod. Who knows what will be done to it in the future, but it surely will not have the same form or issues.

I'm actually hoping it gets taken out. From my perspective, I don't think it's possible for the game to read your mind, so it could never know your motives for killing someone. IF they don't take it out, then at least remove the bandit skins.

It's both good and bad, like it was said, I don't think they'll ever be able to adjust for specific situations. Sure, if you get hit, maybe they could then count the other guy as bad, but what if your pinned down and you pretty much have to kill him to survive? That shouldn't count as losing humanity, only because you didn't actually get hit. It also creates this idea that you have to either be REALLY good or REALLY bad, which isn't realistic. There's no middle ground for the survivor. He'll help people, but if his life is on the line, he'll take a kill.

Hopefully they can figure out something better, but I can't say I like it's particular implementation right now...Plus it's buggy as hell lol

There are a lot more situations than this where it's self defense, avenging a teammate, stopping someone from stealing from you or whatever, but you still lose humanity.

It needs to be HEAVILY tweaked if it's going to work. Honestly, I love the idea but I personally believe Rocket needs to ditch the humanity system. I don't doubt his abilities but I'm not sure if he'll be able to come up with a way to make this work. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but having the game itself try to tell you who is bad and who is good is probably never going to work.

There are a lot more situations than this where it's self defense, avenging a teammate, stopping someone from stealing from you or whatever, but you still lose humanity.

It needs to be HEAVILY tweaked if it's going to work. Honestly, I love the idea but I personally believe Rocket needs to ditch the humanity system. I don't doubt his abilities but I'm not sure if he'll be able to come up with a way to make this work. I'd love for him to prove me wrong but having the game itself try to tell you who is bad and who is good is probably never going to work.

In the end, it might still just be too black and white, no grey area. If they can't work out every situation, it would be best to just take it out entirely, since it just isn't right in a game that tries to give the player all the options he wants, something that Rocket himself has said. Making rules would defeat that purpose of the game.

Edited by Maxgor

Strange that no one has mentioned you GET HUMANITY for killing bandits????

bandits are bad people, and killing them is a good deed