Sign in to follow this  
Ajvkorn

Why does the L85 not have normal scope?

Does this not seem crazy? Thermal can be annoying and I have to say why wouldn't they add this? It should be able to go normal, thermal, and night vision. Really hope they change this at some point. Anybody else agree?

I think it is the trade off for having night and thermal vision, yet I would like to be able to turn both off.

Why would you want normal if you have thermal?

Adding a normal scope as well would make it unbalanced. I agree, the L85 is an amazing gun due to the thermal, but like everything else, the trade off is thats its hard to use in the day when a normal scope would be better.

A normal scope allows you to see what gun that player is carrying. As thermal makes it very difficult to tell. I guess thinking about it as a trade off makes sense, but it completely takes away any short distance the gun has. Most people like to use a l85 with sniper, but it is hard when it's only thermal.

I agree, Combining the L85 with a sniper rifle is only really good for detecting people to then shoot with your sniper rifle. Carrying both makes you the perfect overwatch person for a clan or your mates, but it leaves you underpowered if your going to be assulting buildings solo

Does this not seem crazy? Thermal can be annoying and I have to say why wouldn't they add this? It should be able to go normal, thermal, and night vision. Really hope they change this at some point. Anybody else agree?

Well, when you have a sight which can turn off computer-assisted vision modes, or digital vision modes, lemme know. Because that sight A) doesn't exist, and B) will not exist for a while.

Now, let me tell you people something: the L85 will probably not be in the standalone. No thermal vision sights will, I should hope. The reason it is in this is because it fills a niche for a very rare weapon which has long range overwatch improvements. It should not have short range because it is a sighting rifle. That's the good bit. The bad bit is that you have to eyeball it for CQC.

Standalone thermal vision binoculars would be better than a set scope on a gun. That way you could have thermal vision, but you would still have to use a normal sighted rifle to make your shot

Thermal on the Range finder version would be awesome so make it ultra rare :)

I've had the range finder bug out with thermal on before.. Rocket appliances. Had also my L85 equipped of course.

The heat from the sun in the day and the rain day and night should affect the weapon, also you should be able to jump in a pond and be undetectable for half an hour at least.

there's a bug that you can use normal sight and thermal (black/white) instead of NV and thermal (red)

Hello there

Many vanilla arma weapons don't have the ability to use the secondary sights coded in, There are however mods that enable this. This ability as well as "weapon resting" al la I44/ACE should be included IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

never use the la85 for shooting, just for scanning, then switch to either a sniper or assault depending on what i have in my pack. I love the thermal scope, hate the gun