Sign in to follow this  
I2ejected

Why we may never know what happened.

"You take things like Star Wars or Star Trek, anything like that. The lore and the world behind that is generated by a team of writers. It’s generated by that company. What’s happening with DayZ is that the lore, the stories, and these player legions… They’re being generated by the players. Like the Black Widow and Dr. Wasteland. The Mountain Dew. It’s lucky to find it but unlucky to hold onto it or drink it. So all this stuff is coming out. I want to find ways of supporting that."- Dean "Rocket" Hall

This was said by Rocket in an interview from: http://www.pcgamer.c...ns-for-players/

Which if this is true we may never know how the infection started/spread, which is sad but I understand what Rocket is talking about and where he wants this project to be.

So, what is your thoughts on this? Also if you want you can post how you think the infection started/spread, I'm up for a good read.

I think the infection was spawned from military experiments simply because of the broadcast that green mountain gives out it morse code. It's creepy, ominous, and adds some depth to the world. Not only does it add dept but it adds a slight amount of guilt every time i kill an infected because in the back of my mind i think since they aren't truly dead they have a chance to be saved.

• Like 1

Okay just found something that makes me exited.

http://dayztx.com/dayz-news-standalone-updates/

Under "New Features" there is this: Narrative that will describe the virus background.

So I guess we will just have to wait till the standalone and Goof Juice your probably right, it seems very logical. If someone/something attacks me IRL or in-game I will try to fight back and feel no regret from what happens if I succeed.

a man had sex with a monkey and so it all began...

I'm pretty sure that was AIDS.

• Like 1

I think the infection was spawned from military experiments simply because of the broadcast that green mountain gives out it morse code. It's creepy, ominous, and adds some depth to the world. Not only does it add dept but it adds a slight amount of guilt every time i kill an infected because in the back of my mind i think since they aren't truly dead they have a chance to be saved.

Wha? There's Morse code? Interesting... I'll have to go there and check that out. Can you only hear it with a radio or some such?

I'm with you about the Infected. :( It is sad, but when you see all of them... and for some reason the ones in business suits bother me the most... I mean, they were human once.

And is it me or are the military zombies faster/more agile than your average everyday hobo zombie? :\ They seem like they are, which adds even more depth IMO. It's like on some level they remember what they once were.

Oh, and I was going to add... are we immune to whatever it was? Are we the ones who were naturally immune somehow and that's how we are still alive? Or is it still spreading, or did we just happen to be in the right place at the right time in order to survive it?

Wha? There's Morse code? Interesting... I'll have to go there and check that out. Can you only hear it with a radio or some such?

I'm with you about the Infected. :( It is sad, but when you see all of them... and for some reason the ones in business suits bother me the most... I mean, they were human once.

And is it me or are the military zombies faster/more agile than your average everyday hobo zombie? :\ They seem like they are, which adds even more depth IMO. It's like on some level they remember what they once were.

yea the broadcast can be heard at 12 hour intervals with a radio, its quite eerie.

Oh, and I was going to add... are we immune to whatever it was? Are we the ones who were naturally immune somehow and that's how we are still alive? Or is it still spreading, or did we just happen to be in the right place at the right time in order to survive it?

Maybe the virus was airborne and then mutated out of it?

Dude, we make a shore landing to invade the land of Chernarus only to be found that its residents have turned into bloodthirsty moaning piles of flesh D:

• Like 1

Dude, we make a shore landing to invade the land of Chernarus only to be found that its residents have turned into bloodthirsty moaning piles of flesh D:

Lol... what army sends their troops with only a Band-Aid and a flashlight? I didn't know the economy was that bad :D

• Like 2

From the front page:

"A 225 km2 open world post-soviet state and one of the areas hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population, now infected with the disease."

some rocket exploded on chernarus and people got infected, then those lucky to have been swimming with their clothes on, while it happened turned out to be immune,

not totally because the ability to behave civilized was somehow destroyed among many survivors and now it is a rat race between guns and bigger guns

cars and buses, and maybe if you get lucky your big gun will take down that heli flying overhead.

meanwhile the infected who are not dead yet find sudden lead poisoning to be lethal and some people are unable to get that rag of their head for what ever reason.

I jizzed on your mums face, and the rest is history.

The infection was caused by mountain dew, clearly.

Drunk upon green mountain. At night.

• Like 1

Lol... what army sends their troops with only a Band-Aid and a flashlight? I didn't know the economy was that bad :D

thats because the soldiers are all dead and we're the reserve!