Mattix90

Servers overflowing with AS50s

Couldn't agree with you more. Been playing for 1 1/2 months now and I've never found a CZ, but I've found multiple AS50's on almost every sniper I've killed ]: Just saying.

I was playing FR 158 tonight and it was sickening the amount of spawn killing going on by people wielding the AS50. The first time someone got me they must have taken 5-6 shots at me and I could still hear the shot despite putting some distance between myself and the shooter. After a couple of deaths I managed to get around him and saw what I think was the AS50TWS, it had a fairly massive scope. As I had no weapons I left and moved north past Berezhino towards the NE airfiled only to be killed from less than 50 meters by someone using (again) the AS50TWS.

Not an issue with the dying, it's part of the game, but spawn camping with powerful hacked weapons? I don't understand the need to do that, all it does is put people off the server.

A complete wipe just for the sake of wiping is probably going to drive off a lot of the people who are still sticking around even with the non-functional tents, broken vehicles, and random deaths and warp-to-the-coast-without-any-gear stuff.

I've been warped to the coast without gear twice in the last couple of days alone.

The over abundance of weapons will eventually sort itself out if they fix the bugs allowing it to happen. We've all seen how quickly people who spawn in heaps of weapons lose them.

Edited by Just a Goat

I can hardly find M24 or DMR anymore. I don't have any numbers to support this claim but I think as50 may be one of the most if not the most duped item in the game.

I have a theory that some servers are net producers of items and others are net consumers. For example, new spawns tend to log in on under-populated veteran servers (usually 3D:OFF/CH:OFF which is why they are under-populated). This way they can dash through cherno/elektro, up to Stary then the airfield with little or no resistance garunteed. It's a very safe way to gear up in under 2 hours on a fresh spawn. Then they simply log out of that server and into their main 40 player server where the rest of their mates are.

So item inflation seems to be a particular problem on some servers but less so on others. I suggest moving to a server that is less busy - or has fewer clans perma-using it. It's certainly true that on some servers you can't even walk along the coast road without bumping into players or bodies with rangefinders/NVGs/AS50s/L85s etc. This isn't helped by item duping either.

Just do what I did. Wrote a ticket to Vilayer complaining about the state of the game and how horrid it is that everyone just has duped weapons and it's become nothing but an AS50 no scope competition in cherno and elektro. They reset my instance ID 30 minute after they received my ticket. Everything gone. All tents gone. All vehicles are in spawn locations. Loot spawning properly. The funny thing? They didn't just reset the ID. They gave me a NEW one. So now in my config, I have two instance IDs I can choose from. One that is loaded with dupe tents, and the other that is as clean as a whistle, where people are actually running around up north with winchesters, and AKMs, and sniping with CZ550s. Oh, and no more rangefinders and nvgs on every body. It's simply beautiful. It may have pissed some people off that had tents on my server full of 10+ L85s and AS50 and AS50 TWS variants, but they got what they deserved. Now they'll have to find them legitimately. And until the tents get fixed, there won't be any duping for the time being since its virtually impossible due to the broken tent mechanic. Truly lovely I tell you. Server still gets packed full though. It's rare to hear an AS50 being shot now, nand whenever you hear one, the person pulling the trigger on that beast better run for his life because the entire server is coming after him since they want to have it themselves since they cant just goto one of 20 tent locations that have one. :)

I agree with your entire quote, I've actually migrated over to a private non hive server that checks for anything not normally in the game or someone duping and it kicks or bans them, My clan has found over 20 ammo boxes in under 12 hours, including 3 of the big ones that have hacked weapons galore.