Mattix90

Servers overflowing with AS50s

So what's the deal with this huge ammount of as50s nowadays? The rifle in most cases is wielded by the worst snipers in the game, only today I managed to put down three yahoos camping roughly 150m behind military tents in Stary <facepalm>. To be honest it's the most common sniper rifle I'm encountering - I can hardly find M24 or DMR anymore. I don't have any numbers to support this claim but I think as50 may be one of the most if not the most duped item in the game.

• Like 4

I somewhat agree with you. I've never found an AS50 to this day, I have only found DMR's or M24's. Everytime I get shot at, or killed by snipers they have the AS50. I always hear the loud ass 'ting' before the splat! then dead screen.

I'm sure it is, i'm tempted to make a post in the suggestion forums asking if they can be used to make fire places because of how common they are. i've been reverting to cz550's I find just to use something different for a change. Side note: Cz feels so much rarer to me lol

• Like 2

You said it - Duped.

It's the only *that i know of* 1 hit kill rifle in the game.

Most snipers playing aren't that good at CQB or MRB, and so feel safer camped like a wookie on a hillside miles away.

Unfortunately their lack of skill translates to their sniping very well.

I demand a database wipe and restart :P

Honestly, i wouldnt care at all about AS50s if there werent tons of teleport-hackers teleporting around the world shooting you.

Most of the "legit" AS50 bandits at Sniper Hill (Elektro) for example, are too low in skill to hit anything anyways. Just keep zig-zaging.

You said it - Duped.

Most snipers playing aren't that good at CQB or MRB, and so feel safer camped like a wookie on a hillside miles away.

M107 can one shot even if it sounds like a retarded kid farting in spandex when it's fired.

Edited by Goof Juice
  • Like 3

I always hear the loud ass 'ting' before the splat

Considering the audible range of this rifle is about 450m, those "snipers" were not using this gun properly if you have heard the "ting". Still, in times when everybody DC from combat it's nice to have something that won't give your target the time to escape.

Cz feels so much rarer to me lol

It sure does. Never actually seen one <lol>. Guess I'm no big fan of the barns :)

I can manage with just my DMR. You hear the AS50 from a mile away. Besides, I like watching my target fall to his broken bones and try and crawl from my following shot.

Screw the AS50, I want a KSVK.

Lol may as well just give you a rail gun.

I can manage with just my DMR. You hear the AS50 from a mile away. Besides, I like watching my target fall to his broken bones and try and crawl from my following shot.

Unfortunately 90% of players today will just alt-F4 and never see you again. It's sad but true; as it is if i don't headshot with the 8k rifle that's the end of the fight but not their life.

Edited by Goof Juice
  • Like 1

You said it - Duped.

You were doing well with your first statement: Duped, that's the problem plain and simple nothing else the rest of your rant just makes you look like a little kid who got sniped too many times for your own good.

Well first lets get the weapons right before you start making sweeping statements about snipers. It's not the only one hit kill weapon in the game. M107 will also kill to the body as will any of the sniper rifles to the head and most AR's, and SMG's hell even the hand guns are one hit kill to the head.

I provide overwatch for my buddies most of the time but I will also raid the barracks at the NWA or tents at stary for the lulz with shock horror an AR.

Don't always assume all snipers are on electro hills or cherno hills sniping n00bies. That's a small % of the population who I'm guessing are mostly young, from cod/bf and don't know any better.

And I'm all for a DB reset after they fix the duping and tents otherwise we'll be back to square one in a few days.

You were doing well with your first statement: Duped, that's the problem plain and simple nothing else the rest of your rant just makes you look like a little kid who got sniped too many times for your own good.

Well first lets get the weapons right before you start making sweeping statements about snipers. It's not the only one hit kill weapon in the game. M107 will also kill to the body as will any of the sniper rifles to the head and most AR's, and SMG's hell even the hand guns are one hit kill to the head.

I provide overwatch for my buddies most of the time but I will also raid the barracks at the NWA or tents at stary for the lulz with shock horror an AR.

Don't always assume all snipers are on electro hills or cherno hills sniping n00bies. That's a small % of the population who I'm guessing are mostly young, from cod/bf and don't know any better.

And I'm all for a DB reset after they fix the duping and tents otherwise we'll be back to square one in a few days.

Stopped reading when you blamed people who play other FPS games. Good post otherwise, nub.

-MONSTER

Stopped reading when you blamed people who play other FPS games. Good post otherwise, nub.

-MONSTER

You got it all wrong mate. It's nothing wrong if you play bf/cod, it's just that those games are fucking magnets for underage, immature shitheads. And they basically dig everything that is "on top" at the moment. So when they swarm Dayz servers they're like - dude, what a cool game,it's like, it's like bf3 but with zombies and hatchets! Whoa, mate, lets skip school and shoot eachother at the coast! It kills the purpose of this game and make it just-another-one-repetitive-fps.

Also:

>using coloured font

>placing your signature under a post

>chinese cartoon sig

Not sure why, but it rubs me the wrong way...

• Like 3

Not even needed, when those too things are fixed the items will dry up quickly over a 7 days period as bandit hunters with higher skill level than the noob killers splat and hide their bodies again and again.

The problem of course is if they were going to fix those two things they would have done it already no? They clearly either are not capable enough or couldnt give a fuck about them.

• Like 1

AS50 sucks anyways. Compared to DMR or M107 the Zoomfactor simply sucks big time.

Also about only Noobs and Hackers (both are more or less the same anyways) wielding that weapon: This morning I sat at the spot north of Electro near the power line. I saw a poor target in the power plant firestation. I take the kill and a second later hear steps left of me. I switch to my M9SD and walk out of the tree (just to mention it: I was wearing the Bandit Skin). I see a Ghillie with an AS50 looking into the tree I just stepped out of. He must not have seen me, since he keeps looking at the tree, so I empty half of the M9 Mag into his upper Body and Head. Examining his body I see it's an AS50 TWS and in his Backpack a M4A3 Holo SD.

When changing position to the more eastern Spot someone down in the powerplant or city must have seen me, as I was killed by Machinegun fire upon reaching the tree lol.

I also love "sniping" AS50 noobies with a "Leeann" in Cherno.

Well that's it from me. Gonna go on a hunt now with the SAW I just found.

Yeah, duped pretty much says it. As it stands right now, there are no rare weapons in the game. You can find an L85, AS50, rangefinders and NVGs on pretty much any player you kill these days. it'll be interesting to see just how much this game changes once duping is no longer an issue.

Dupping and scripting. I killed a guy with an as50 in Elektro the other day (between cafe and market)... he had nothing else but that, ammo, and the starting equipment. Then I went to loot the train station and stuff over that way... found 2x big ammo boxes. Didn't want to open the ammo boxes to check, but I'd bet that wasn't the first gun taken out of them/in circulation now. Then I died looting in the church. Spawned in Kamenka and found another big ammo box on the side of town.

Just do what I did. Wrote a ticket to Vilayer complaining about the state of the game and how horrid it is that everyone just has duped weapons and it's become nothing but an AS50 no scope competition in cherno and elektro. They reset my instance ID 30 minute after they received my ticket. Everything gone. All tents gone. All vehicles are in spawn locations. Loot spawning properly. The funny thing? They didn't just reset the ID. They gave me a NEW one. So now in my config, I have two instance IDs I can choose from. One that is loaded with dupe tents, and the other that is as clean as a whistle, where people are actually running around up north with winchesters, and AKMs, and sniping with CZ550s. Oh, and no more rangefinders and nvgs on every body. It's simply beautiful. It may have pissed some people off that had tents on my server full of 10+ L85s and AS50 and AS50 TWS variants, but they got what they deserved. Now they'll have to find them legitimately. And until the tents get fixed, there won't be any duping for the time being since its virtually impossible due to the broken tent mechanic. Truly lovely I tell you. Server still gets packed full though. It's rare to hear an AS50 being shot now, nand whenever you hear one, the person pulling the trigger on that beast better run for his life because the entire server is coming after him since they want to have it themselves since they cant just goto one of 20 tent locations that have one. :)

i completely agree. i guess its players moving servers and bringing them in and then them respawning.. a swear half of all snipers has them..

I know you guys will start coming at me with the same arguments as always BUT

there should definitely a hive reset.

Of course at some point everything would be the same but it will take some time ... I mean just look at how long it took to reach this state of exaggeration.

I know you guys will start coming at me with the same arguments as always BUT

there should definitely a hive reset.

Of course at some point everything would be the same but it will take some time ... I mean just look at how long it took to reach this state of exaggeration.

actually yeah, that would not only make perfect sense given the level of scripting going on, but also.... every alpha on the planet tends to have complete resets, sometimes as frequently as several times a day. i bet it would help tremendously with the stability of the hive, too.

Screw the AS50, I want a KSVK.

I found KSVK ammo last night in a tent.. Assuming it's hacked in?

Personally I think there needs to be a total reset of the servers. New instance ID's for every server. Players need to be wiped.

Just need a fresh start to at least ward off all these duped-scripted-hacked weapons.

I know bases will be lost, but oh well, go out and find your UAZ again. It's not too hard.