Zach_Novak

we only need 2 things in the next update/patch

No hackers and no glitched screens so you can see around military areas.

then the game will be playable again.

• Like 4

I vote for tents and vehicles saving. Artefacts can be workarounded for most.

• Like 7

No hackers and no glitched screens so you can see around military areas.

then the game will be playable again.

And zombies that don't pass through doors, wirefences, tank crosses... etc. ability to zoom out on GPS, and we should be able to combine multiple clips which have little ammunition in them. The SD M4 and M9 SD should be able to shoot normal ammunition, it is easy to fix, just allow only zombies to be not able to hear it like the SD Stanag in m4 guns. Players can hear it but it is silent to zombies.

• Like 2

Just tents and vehicles. Can deal with everything else until the standalone. They're the only things that make me think twice about logging in.

And zombies that don't pass through doors, wirefences, tank crosses... etc.

This is unfixable at present.

I'd like for the artifacting and tents/vehicles to be fixed. Also the teleporting to the coast bug, if possible. I can wait until the standalone for everything else if I have to.

Most of the issues are ArmA2 bugs. As you know, Beta patches are coming out regularly so maybe it is being addressed.

Make the doorways wider.....im having trouble getting my 3ft. Wide ass through them.....also when i want to drop an almost empty mag to pick up a full one I cant, I have too drop them all and pick them up again all but the almost empty one wth?....I know I know this is Alpha....

Make the doorways wider.....im having trouble getting my 3ft. Wide ass through them.....also when i want to drop an almost empty mag to pick up a full one I cant, I have too drop them all and pick them up again all but the almost empty one wth?....I know I know this is Alpha....

You'll get used to the clunky ARMA 2 movement and be gliding through doors like a sir eventually. Low mouse sensitivity is your friend...

As for the mags, it's because that half empty one is in your weapon and the others are in your inventory, there should be an 'unload weapon' feature in the gear menu but again, that's ARMA 2 not DayZ unfortunately.

Zombies not being able to just phase through walls would be an excellent step...

And no hackers - well... I'd love to see it, but where there's a will, there's a way... So, lets go for less empty tins in spawns for low/mid residential... Gief beans.

• Like 1

You'll get used to the clunky ARMA 2 movement and be gliding through doors like a sir eventually. Low mouse sensitivity is your friend...

As for the mags, it's because that half empty one is in your weapon and the others are in your inventory, there should be an 'unload weapon' feature in the gear menu but again, that's ARMA 2 not DayZ unfortunately.

No, I had like 2 partial mags and a few full ones in backpack and wanted to drop the partial ones for some full ones I found and it wouldn't let me drop JUST the partial ones, when i click on partial ones to drop it would drop my full ones first and then partials last. I have to count mags again as Im having to pick them up and not pick the last remaining ones as I know those would be the partials...very irratating when you are trying to get in and get out areas asap.

Squirrel. You are correct about firing standard rounds in the 's' weapons but this would then render the silencer useless and make the weapon a normalised version until you could replace the silencer. After all, they should not have a finite life.

Anyway my two things would be beans and guns. What else do you need in a zed led world?

(ok, maybe bikini clad, chainsaw wielding heroines) :P

No, I had like 2 partial mags and a few full ones in backpack and wanted to drop the partial ones for some full ones I found and it wouldn't let me drop JUST the partial ones, when i click on partial ones to drop it would drop my full ones first and then partials last. I have to count mags again as Im having to pick them up and not pick the last remaining ones as I know those would be the partials...very irratating when you are trying to get in and get out areas asap.

Just leave your partial mags in the backpack til you relog. ;)

It is an annoying lack of a game mechanic that doesn't allow mag combining. I would imagine it will be sorted and some suitably long uninterruptible animation added.

And how do you propose to get rid of hackers? I am sure the Devs would love to know of your quickfix.

Is it just a "Get Rid of Hackers" button?

If so can you devise a "Do Job" button for me here at work?

And how do you propose to get rid of hackers? I am sure the Devs would love to know of your quickfix.

Is it just a "Get Rid of Hackers" button?

We already know the Hive record and can track individual players who have obtained scripted weapons.

That much can be fixed.

If you do a Hive wipe beforehand, you can start handing out player-kill states to whoever pick up on of these weapons.

If the hive record a player holding sum G36C, for example, it could hand over a kill ticket to the player's client.

It's not so hard. hand out a Hive wide announcement and start punishing whoever breaks the new rules.

It's an alpha, built over a game very lax in security.

It's not a good reason not to start punishing those who would KNOWINGLY try and destroy the game's balance.

Even this late.

However, this is only a partial fix, only client (and possible server side, with a lot of modifications) can intercept most scripts.

The only TRUE way to fix any sort of DayZ build, would be to release a repackaged version of the Arma2 game with better security features (remove player IG script abilities FROM THE BASE) and with the given game assets to be limited to those used by DayZ.

The current DayZ can't be fixed.

It got this worse because of a lack of intervention however.

• Like 1

And zombies that don't pass through doors, wirefences, tank crosses... etc. ability to zoom out on GPS, and we should be able to combine multiple clips which have little ammunition in them. The SD M4 and M9 SD should be able to shoot normal ammunition, it is easy to fix, just allow only zombies to be not able to hear it like the SD Stanag in m4 guns. Players can hear it but it is silent to zombies.

The zombie thing is the fucked up AI pathing. it's armas fault somehow

Dunno, what do you do?...

or just start posting IPs of hackers - the problem will fix itself

I vote for fixing loading times and constant desync/lag. Is it possible? Dunno.

Edited by darquan