Sign in to follow this  
Hikurac

To the guy who killed me.

To the bastard who killed me. That was the second time I had died since I bought the game six days ago. I had every tool, I had two M4s, one M4SD, a satchel charge, NVG's, the biggest backpack, and a ghillie suit. It was literally a night time server, only three other people on a island with over 200km of land and I get killed by you. The only thing I have to say is... Nice fucking shot. Not being sarcastic, you're the one that's alive, i'm the one six feet under, clearly I did something wrong, got to greedy with my looting. This is aimed at him, but also a message to the people who whine about being murdered by bandits, in the entirety of my time on DayZ, I have never killed another person, but I still dislike it when people say it's unfair they got killed by a bandit. If you die by the hands of a bandits legitimately, then the only one at fault is yours, whether it's because you got greedy with looting, or because you weren't being cautious enough. At the end of the day the fact is you gave an opportunistic bandit the opportunity to do what he does best. Stop whining and saying its unfair, instead, try to learn from your mistakes. I usually loot one barrack then leave, but I didn't see any zombies, got greedy, and ran all across the airfield, and got put down, simple as that.

TL;DR: there is no TL;DR, this is a forum, stop being lazy, and read a little.

• Like 11

Nah guys you don't have to give me any gear. I know how to get my equipment back, it was my mistake, and i'm not going to trouble you guys over it.

• Like 1

Also amaROenuZ, if I find another FN FAL, i'll message you, I find those things like crazy lately, 5 times in 2 days. I throw away guns constantly do to not having a tent :/

Edited by Hikurac

It's the shady stuff that bothers me. Was headed to the NWA the other day to find some STANAG ammo for the l85 I had just found. Had to log because of unfixable graphic errors. Not wanting to lose my shiny new gun, I logged into a server with only 2 other players on it, pitch black, pouring rain, no tags. Did a quick 360 with the thermal just to be safe and started running towards the barracks, and CRACK, AS50'ed. Maybe the player was legit and I just somehow missed him with the thermal, but there's no way that was a legit AS50, not given the visibility on the server.

=/ Yea I got killed by a sniper round i'm sure, was pitch black too, I had NVG's, but they don't help with any sniper besides DMR. I remember how I got my first pair of NVG's, was in the barracks, had gone to the farthest room and logged off. Logged back on, quite literally two guys in this 5x7 room with me, spawned in with one holding a glock to my head, and the other looking out the window. I sat there for a whole minute in a standstill trying to keep myself calm, after awhile I tried moving a little, no response from them, looked in their bags, no response. Took some mags, a NVG, a GPS, and some food, still no response. Took me 8 minutes till I realized they were just dead bodies glitched, still standing as if alive. Embarrassing and the 8 most tension filled minutes in my DayZ life. Still makes me laugh though when I think about it.

Edited by Hikurac
  • Like 5

TL;DR: there is no TL;DR, this is a forum, stop being lazy, and read a little.

Good story, good information. Above is my favorite part though.

I hate it when people say TL;DR in a forum, about as lazy as you can get.

• Like 4

The tldr crew do not understand the whole forum concept, but somehow tldr is slowly creeping in as acceptable these days. Welcome to the future of the net.

Edited by Hetstaine

I think it sad to know that there are people out there who are so lazy, they wont even read a post, then actually post saying TL;DR. I dont understand if your so lazy not to actually read a post, then why bother creating a post expressing your laziness to the world? Its as though, to keep up with peoples attention spans, we have to limit ourselves to a few sentences.

read a book every once and a while, youll learn something.

• Like 1

Funny. I was on a server with 2 friends and around 3 other people. I had pulled ahead on my bike to check out a ural spawn, out in the open. BAM sniped. I warned my fellow teamates to steer clear of there, but they both got sniped possibly by the same person, and they were at least 500-600m away in a flat forest, and were killed at the same time. I did lose the one gun I ever wanted, the M4A3 CCO. What I don't understand is why a hacker would join a server such as that. Maybe they target smaller servers now to get the people who think they're safe.

Seems kinda counter productive for a hacker to use smaller servers, as it will be easier to figure out who he is. Maybe he's just a not so bright script kiddy lol.

lol I almost took a shot at a glitched dead body in the barracks last week. When they didn't turn toward me, I figured it out. There was also no context menu for them. It still made my heart rate jump for a few, though.

Yeah, I rarely saw people on DayZ for the first few days, so when I saw the glitches bodies in a small room with me, I couldn't stop shaking for about 15 minutes.

• Like 1

All right so I've been playing since early-mid may, and I've never seen nvgs, never seen another player who had them. I've gotten an m4sd once, then lost it 2 seconds after because I logged out too quick. Never seen a satchel charge. I've had the coyote backpack twice and seen it twice on another player. I've only seen ghillies on dead bodies. HOW DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF IN 6 DAYS IT MAKES ME MAD.

Edit: the closest I've gotten to nvgs is finding a heli crash and finding out from some guy in sidechat that he looted nvgs from there about 5 minutes before me.

Edited by Angryofficer

All right so I've been playing since early-mid may, and I've never seen nvgs, never seen another player who had them. I've gotten an m4sd once, then lost it 2 seconds after because I logged out too quick. Never seen a satchel charge. I've had the coyote backpack twice and seen it twice on another player. I've only seen ghillies on dead bodies. HOW DO YOU FIND THIS STUFF IN 6 DAYS IT MAKES ME MAD.

Edit: the closest I've gotten to nvgs is finding a heli crash and finding out from some guy in sidechat that he looted nvgs from there about 5 minutes before me.

ive been playing 2 months have yet to find a fricken coyote backpack i find ghillies all the time ive found atleast 6-7 never found as50 la85 m4sd nvg satchel charge ive only found m4a3cco dmr gps

Well I if I for whatever reason I die, I try to find a map, and an old bike fast as possible. Use the old bike and go to the southern end of the map, theres a huge chain of supermarkets heading up to the international airfield from there, just stop at each market, jump off the bike, and charge in, collect as much useful loot you can. Usually each one will yield low/moderate guns, food, and decent tools. Go to each one except Stary Sober unless you're feeling very lucky (not recommended). Then head to the airfield, if your having trouble finding it, and you have a map, you can hold shift, and click on the airfield, and a way point will appear leading you there. I ONLY recommend going into the barrack closest to the control tower, it usually has at least 2-4 high level weapons, again don't get cocky, and go all over the airfield like I did, otherwise I'd still have my stuff. Once you have looted the barrack, get back on the bike, and head to devil's castle, plenty of small towns in between to restock. The castle's in my opinion aren't very good for high level looting, except for the ghillie which spawns at the gate, but then again it's a damn ghillie, worth the ride just because of it. From there I usually just go to deer stand to deer stand till I go into a large circle, by then hopefully there will be a server re-set, and you cant loot the markets, and airfield again. There you go, that's how I do my looting runs. Now i'm probably going to get PKed even more lol. Edited by Hikurac

The satchel charge was a gift, I help a certain clan with supply and logistics. Even with supplying them, I usually still have left over weapons because they only prefer SD weapons, so if you want something then PM me, if I find a spare one, i'll PM you back, and probably just give it to you. If I ever come across that much stuff again, i'll gladly trade a large stock of weapons for a Mtn Dew lol.

Hahahahaha, glitched dead bodies are the WORST! I snook up on one on a hilltop. Nearly ran into him around the corner of a house. Ran like hell outta there. Then snook back in, got him in my sights, and took two shots with my M107.

When nothing happened I ran like hell outta there again, thinking he might be a hacker. But then curiosity came over me, and I backtracked, and crawled around the entire hill. Took nearly 30 mins. Came back up on him from behind, and lo an behold, saw that he was indeed dead.

He had a Bizon on him and some other snacks. I took the guns out of his hands first and lay them on the ground. Then I looted the rest of the body, weary of him still being some kind of hacker.

LOL