DrFree_man

a DayZ MOVIE, this is Day Zed the Intro

too bad thats for Day Zed instead of DayZ cool movie tho :lol:

btw wish there were more normal civilian type clothes instead of PMC dressed models.

def noted, i relized that after i uploaded, as i edit episode one i am def putting more civ's then pmcs :)

Great video. you've got some skills. I actually got chills during the Cherno scene with everyone shooting. Also man, you need another "actor" you just let me know :)

will def keep that in mind, i do not have everything writen out so i don't know how many ppl or lines i need to worrie about, but thank you for offering !

That was pretty good.I wonder how the 'movie' is going to turn out.

hopefully realy good, i have learned some more animations as well as diffrent editing tech's sense making this, what will kill it or let it thrive is the voice acting .... but i am def putting alot of effort into the project

hopefully realy good, i have learned some more animations as well as diffrent editing tech's sense making this, what will kill it or let it thrive is the voice acting .... but i am def putting alot of effort into the project

For the voiceacting :

There is another DayZ Shortfilm, which is build like a tv series. (only one episode I believe) .

They have some pretty sick voiceacting in it,you should check it out and maybe convince some of them to help you!

I came in here with low expectation. But i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work. Nice editing also.

Got a question how did you get those camera angles?!

I Used the arma 2 OA editor, took a long time to figure out, i have never done anything like this before. i seen somebody else's vid and it kind of "inspired" me started doing the research. all the gameplay you see was from the editor, not the multiplayer

I came in here with low expectation. But i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work. Nice editing also.

Thank you very much!, i understand that there can be alot of bad, poor edits, or somebody claiming movie and it is just them sitting in one place sniping for 5 min's while he talkes to his buddies. I am just glad you took the min to watch and give it a chance :)

will def keep that in mind, i do not have everything writen out so i don't know how many ppl or lines i need to worrie about, but thank you for offering !

Anytime bro, voice acting is fun. As is making movies out of games.

Really enjoyed that, nicely done. Beans for you. Just a suggestion though, change the text font you used, I thought it looked kind of cheap. But other than that it looks really good mate.

Edit: Glad it said Day Zed, not Day Zee like the Americans say it.

Edited by Toilet

Really enjoyed that, nicely done. Beans for you. Just a suggestion though, change the text font you used, I thought it looked kind of cheap. But other than that it looks really good mate.

Edit: Glad it said Day Zed, not Day Zee like the Americans say it.

Glad you liked it, i am going to change the font for the movie, im not good with that sort of thing so i have sombody that is gonna make something for this project. and funny thing is i am an american, i just liked the sound of day zed. im not sold that its going to be the title in the end but for now it works :)

looks great man i'll be watching, keep up the good work.

Thanks alot man!, im working hard on episode 1, i am about 40-50% done right now, putting alot of effort into improving the quality as well as the overall editing. thanks for the support :)

Hate that font use Bebas or something better.

yeah i have had alot of criticism on the font, already have planed on changing it for the future :)

Nice video mate :) One fatal flaw though, and its not video related. DayZ = Day Zero, not Day Zed.

yeah but i heard some english guys call it day zed... i liked the way it sounds, im not sold that is going to be the final name of the movie, but for the time it worked :)

The difference is that Americans pronounce the letter "z" as zee, and the English pronounce it as zed. As a side note in New Zealand we say zed, that is how I was taught in school anyway and I cringe every time Rocket says "Day Zee". But I suppose it's his creation/monstrosity and he can call it whatever he likes.

if you ever realy want to get into it i can go into alot more detail to help you threw the pains of finding all the answers , but i still have alot of learning to do. i still can't figure out how to make the guys sit... something so damn easy i can't figure out the code lol

Easiest way, set a waypoint for the unit close / on top of it then in the 'On Act' part of the waypoint use;

unit action ["sitDown", targetUnit]

Where unit and targetUnit is the name of the soldier you want to sit, eg sol1 action ["sitDown", sol1]. According to the wiki, the unit needs to have a careless behaviour mode set, but I just tried it without changing the behaviour mode and it seemed to work ok.

There'll be a way you can do it without the use of a waypoint, but I suspect that'll be calling individual animation states rather than using the generic 'sitDown' command.

Edited by Cdr
  • Like 1

Not bad at all! Like the part where they shoot zombie priest, me and my buddy kinda like to kill those $%^@# :-D.

Anyway would love if we started as civilians in DayZ...so no tact vest or shit, but rather plain civilian clothing...would look a hell more realistic.