Sign in to follow this  
borstal

Rocket needs to make this game harder

To bring back the sense of survialism and to stop this PvP fest and make people work together again the game needs to be harder.

To be clear I have no issue with bandits but its just too easy to kill people right now and get the best weapons once you figure it out.

You should start off with just a pistol and 1 magazine, no backpack, no food, no water cantine just a fucking pistol.

Make the best guns harder to find at random spawns around rare locations on the map, off in some fucking forest or in a hollowed out tree and not ALWAYS spawn there, but be a random chance or random spawn that moves around on server restart.

Right now I can just go the airfield and farm barracks and be set in a few minutes to get a decent weapon.

Make the zombies harder, make more unique types? Maybe a L4D style boomer zombie that explodes and damages players around him.

Anything to increase the survival aspect and teamwork and less catering to these carebears.

What do you people not understand? This is an Alpha - he is constantly adding features. I highly doubt Rocket's intention right now is to work on the difficulty, or loot spawns - when he can be working on new features, and stability.

Game balance is a core feature and you should always fix defective core features before adding new ones.

What do you people not understand? This is an Alpha - he is constantly adding features. I highly doubt Rocket's intention right now is to work on the difficulty' date=' or loot spawns - when he can be working on new features, and stability.

[/quote']

It's a core gameplay issue. Changing spawns of guns and making you start with less wouldn't exactly be hard or take long.

Adding unicorns on the other hand... well we will have to wait for those.

Negative, Unicorns have always been part of Alpha's, everyone knows that.

Furthermore, for the past three weeks I have been telling anyone who will listen that teamplay aspects are receiving my key attention. More to follow.

Hopefully there will also be negative aspects for Bandits aswell. As a survivor, being forced to shoot on sight because everyone else is, is not fun. I do feel that the negative needs to be modelled in a 'gamey' way as you cannot transfer the real world implications of such an act into DayZ.

Negative' date=' Unicorns have always been part of Alpha's, everyone knows that.

Furthermore, for the past three weeks I have been telling anyone who will listen that teamplay aspects are receiving my key attention. More to follow.

[/quote']

Sweet looking forward to the changes to come.

Will unicorns be rare?

"Never play leapfrog with a unicorn"....Roy Walker

What do you people not understand? This is an Alpha - he is constantly adding features. I highly doubt Rocket's intention right now is to work on the difficulty' date=' or loot spawns - when he can be working on new features, and stability.

[/quote']

I agree with you 110%! Sadly for some reason people have their own idea in their head of what they think is a priority. They just want features for features and don't understand the priority of what really need to be worked on to make this a better game. Exactly, no need to reinvent the wheel. Right now new features and stability, along with bug fixes are priority.

Here's idea you can easily make the game harder with out having to be a programmer. You forget this is a sandbox and you can do this. Yes, it's magical I know. When you start just drop your backpack, food, water, ammo clips etc. Now you just made the game harder for you, congratulations!

yeah, please make the game harder! make it almost impossible to run into a city. make zeds and nature a real threat.

hit by a zombie = infected.

... just drive people out of the urban surroundings and they will have to teamwork if it becomes a nightmare to just get a gun, food or water.

just a thought ...

I'm not 100% for all of your ideas, but I think the message is sound: This game needs to be harder.

The game needs you to see another survivor as a godsend; Something that doubles your chances at surviving another day. The game needs to be even more brutal than it already is.

I think the #1 way to stop the constant deathmatching is to spawn players with less items. You won't get killed for your beans, because you have no beans. This will stop the makarov-murders altogether. As for the well-kitted bandits, they still might be a problem, but PvP up north is always a risk, and it should be.

I don't necassarily believe that starting players with less will lead to less murdering. With even less equipment at the start players will be given that much more reason to murder someone that actually has gear.

From what I've seen (in Dayz and other games) there are players who will not "get" it and focus on just shooting people regardless of how challenging you make the game.

I do agree the game needs more challenge, and hopefully the kind that promotes teamwork rather than simply making the game impossible.

start with nothing but a crap-a-rov and a single clip. move spawn 1 km land inward and the end of noob hunt is set.