ljrobison@live.com

Any tips for finding vehicles?

Hello all!

First post here and I was wondering if anyone had any useful tips for finding vehicles?

Me and a friend have been alive for about a week now. Despite finding some decent gear, and setting up a small hideout with tents, we have never even caught a glimpse of a vehicle. (other than a hacked police car)

I use dayzdb map and we check every vehicle spawn point as we pass. Do they have set spawn points or is the location on that map just a general area?

So we decided to make finding a vehicle top priority. Last night we traveled from Cherno to the northeast airstrip checking every vehicle spawn from Cherno to the east coast the whole way there, only to not see a single one. It seems a little odd because there was only like 3 other people on the server at the time.

So yeah, just wondering if anyone had any tips.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this! Survive on.

Probably the admin and his friends took all the vehicles and hid them in the woods somewhere. You'll have to look at the northern/western borders of the map for vehicles.

Balota Airstrip.

Once I found: 1 Huey / 1 Broken Huey (fixable not crash-site) & 1 Taxi (orange & white).

Hope that helps dude

Go to a private Hive server. People don't go camping cherno/elektro as much, no alt+f4'ing to ghost behind someone and usually there are a lot more vehicles spawns.

Go to a private Hive server. People don't go camping cherno/elektro as much, no alt+f4'ing to ghost behind someone and usually there are a lot more vehicles spawns.

I was thinking about doing that. Is there a way to find these servers in DayZ Commander? Also, what are the main differences with a private hive?

In Dayz commander it will have a cloud with an X in front of the server name and say that the server is unofficial. If you join the server and you start a fresh character you will know its a private Hive.

The main differences I have seen is that they sort of make their own rules. The server I play on has global text chat enabled and the admins are really active and ban any hackers that they catch and any one that is cheating. Also there are so many more vehicles that you almost always find a bike or someone else driving a vehicle around. I like that you can't ghost on private hive's so alt+f4 is meaningless.

I'm a lone wolf, and at one point last week I had 1 motorcycle on 2 different servers, and nearly had a sedan fixed up on one of the servers where I had a motorcycle.

I play on low pop servers.

If you find one that's "sleepy" enough and carefully search the spawn areas, you will find a vehicle.

Legit DayZ requires patience as well, so take your time and plan out your moves around the map. If no vehicle in spawn point A, have a B,C, and D lined up.

It also helps not to be picky. My first 2 vehicles were tractors.

I'm a lone wolf, and at one point last week I had 1 motorcycle on 2 different servers, and nearly had a sedan fixed up on one of the servers where I had a motorcycle.

I play on low pop servers.

If you find one that's "sleepy" enough and carefully search the spawn areas, you will find a vehicle.

Legit DayZ requires patience as well, so take your time and plan out your moves around the map. If no vehicle in spawn point A, have a B,C, and D lined up.

It also helps not to be picky. My first 2 vehicles were tractors.

The thing is I was on a low population server and we checked at least fifteen or more vehicle spawns and didn't see a thing.

People usually make tents in the areas where a dirt road suddenly ends. If it existed for the next 100-2000 meters, it would go directly next to the tents.

Then there are debug field/debug border tents.

Lastly, there are somewhat foolish, but still common, tents at the top of a hill. Be it a big one, or a small bump on the map.

Vehicles are usually close.

If you find tents in those places, they deserve to be looted and permanently destroyed by driving over them / blowing them up, and putting a sandbag on top of the remains.

A proper camp, is one that can only be found by someone who is either completely lost, or scans the entire fucking map (or the regular map). Possibly with tents and cars inside pine trees, and no land marks anywhere close. Now, this makes it difficult for your friends to find it too, but the example from the top of my head, would be :

From the landmark at XXX,YYY go 1300 meters directly north, then 120 steps north-west. Place a goat on a steel altar found over there, and by evoking the secret password make the tents reappear. Only works during the darkest hours of night, when no nightvision goggles are worn. You also need exactly -750,125 humainty for the vehicles to become visible.

Now THAT's a well hidden camp.

Edited by Stworca

Wow, Stworca, you sure have a mean streak for destroying other peoples poorly placed camps. :blink: I have a mean streak for people driving cars. I always shoot after them with the heaviest caliber rifle I can find.

It's funny, but once I completely gave up finding vehicles, I started finding just the kind I like best being a lone wolf: bikes and motorbikes. I do not spesifically look for these. I just remember to have my eyes open, and I usually stumble over one or two of these along the way.

I suspect cars are hoarded along the Western and Northeren frontier. Also, try looking up remote areas in forests. They are usually parked in shrubbery or in a way that otherwise lends concealement. :ph34r:

Edited by kebman

The pickup and ATV are both amazing for lone players too. Not as good as the bike, but still on the top list.

If you find a GAZ / hatch / van as a wolf, just leave it there, or destroy it. As for Urals and V3S, i would avoid these too, unless you want a camp 5 kilometers into debug fields.

Edited by Stworca

The thing is I was on a low population server and we checked at least fifteen or more vehicle spawns and didn't see a thing.

I went 3 days straight looking for a vehicle without finding one. It can be extremely frustrating.

ATV's are easy to find, but I find them difficult to handle, and they can flip, crushing you.

Also, vehicles beget more vehicles.

Once you locate one, and can zip around, you start finding more.

The first time I found a motorcycle, within twenty minutes I had found a bike, and a tractor as well.