Sign in to follow this  
reuben5150

Which shooters did you play before Dayz

Which shooters did you play before Dayz  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these have you played most

Well i play most shooters that come out, but as far as games i played on a proper competitive(league, nationals) level..

CS

UT99(7 years, best game ever made)

Americas Army

Quake 2

Crysis WARS

I dont list games that i just play in pubs..

Edited by Vipala

CoD: United Offensive, CoD2, BF3, Soldner secret wars/marine corps, Tribes ascend, crysis and a good bunch of others but I don't remember the names.

Edited by Sakeoe

I like how OP only included the most mainstream shooters.

Good thing the people in the comments know what good games are.

I like how OP only included the most mainstream shooters.

Good thing the people in the comments know what good games are.

Arma series is not mainstream but yeah...

Recently, I have played a lot of BF3. Before that it was Borderlands.

DOOM

CS 1.6

Operation Flashpoint

Ghost Recon (the old ones)

Left 4 Dead

Red Orchestra

America's Army

Wolfenstein: ET

I don't play shooters much, mostly RPG's and strategy games. (Total War series ftw!)

Comparing arcade shooters to military sims? Thread just went full retard.

every game can be mil sim, its just depends on way how you achieve your goals. Even Unreal turnament can be mil sim if played with mil tactics :)

Will you call Arma 2 mil sim 90/100 will be COD style gamers ?

Edited by V3C1C

every game can be mil sim, its just depends on way how you achieve your goals. Even Unreal turnament can be mil sim if played with mil tactics :)

Will you call Arma 2 mil sim 90/100 will be COD style gamers ?

No.

Quick question, does anyone like the new CoD MW3? I actually respect that series (not as much after this last one), but I have yet to find a person who will just flat out defend this game as a great game, they might say it is fun but when pushed they will say it is not great.

Other than that BF3 was the last FPS I played consistently.

system shock 2 (rpg really with fps things in it) / deus ex (same here) / americas army 2.* / fear / gta iv / dayz

Played:

Operation Flashpoint ( The game BI made before Arma )

Arma 2

Battlefield: Bad Company

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Battlefield 3

Too many to remember.

I'm not really sure which of those 3 series in the poll I have played most, but I chose Call of Duty

I played a lot of Operation Flashpoint when I was younger, and quite a bit of BF1942 and BF Vietnam, but I used to go to school and do things in between.

With CoD, I played over 1000 hours of it while I was unemployed.

Quick question, does anyone like the new CoD MW3?

Not really.

As stated above, I've put 1000 hours into CoD, but MW3 just felt like a step down from MW2.

• Like 1

Doom, Quake 1 and 2. Then dropped gaming until BC2, then onto BF3, then DayZ. Playing DayZ till Armored Kill comes out. Then back to the DayZ standalone.

A lot of America's Army 3 with my father. And some Arma II with my buddy.

Wolf3d>Doom1>Doom2>DukeNukem3d>Quake1+2/Hexen/Heretic>Quake3 arena/CS beta/RTCW/BF>ET/Cod1+2>AAO>BF2/Vietnam>BF3/DayZ*>BF3

*to 25.9.

The first FPS i remember playing for PC was Wolfenstein 3D. Played Doom and Return to Castle Wolfenstein as well. I finally purchased my first PC back in 2007 and bought COD4 with a gift certificate someone gave me. That was all it took. I eventually built my own pc to keep up with the Jones. I have a few thousand hours in COD4 and played competitively on TWL. AFter that, I played Bad Company 2, Black Ops, and then BF3. I actually read about this mod and watched the linked SideStrafe video in a thread on the BF3 forums which lead me to buying ARMA II.

However, my all time favorite game, which was mentioned earlier, is Borderlands. I just pre-ordered BL2 today; one copy for me and another for my daughter.

As you are asking only for shooters...I was switching between COD Black Ops and COD MW3. I wanted to try out BF3 but the console version's graphics are apparently quite inferior to the PC version. So I am still undecided if I should wait for a new PC or if I should by it on xbox360. The gameplay looks fun.

Any suggestions?

One of the first games I remember playing that really felt like "Wow!" was Half-Life 1 as for the time the AI (Soldiers) seemed quite advanced, haha.

Other than that Descent was a great game. I have also played the Battlefield series and Call of Duty 1 & 2, all of which are great games. Favorite was probably BF 2, though, as at the time it felt like a new and fresh breath of air in the franchise.

Other than that Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein and so forth were all great fun, although I mostly watched my uncle play the latter when I was quite young (about four).

Edited by johan

Cod 2, 3, 4 and everything after that. Although Black ops and mw3 I really didn't like. So I just use them to troll. Bfbc2 and bf3, liked bfbc2 more though. Tribes ascend, played a bit of blacklight retribution while playing dayz. Played the entire halo series (except Halo anniversary I refuse to buy that as it is pretty much combat evolved).

Edited by Angryofficer

This should be multiple choice. I've played Quake, UT, Counter Strike, Operation Flashpoint, Battlefield, ARMA, CoD and a bunch of good singleplayer shooters (Stalker etc.) and I enjoy all of them for different reasons.

Edited by daskleineviech