Jachim

I think we've come to a conclusion on Rocket's "Day Z" experiment.

This is a terrible observation. If you actually read that post, the OP stated that he got bored and started cheating 4 DAYS after buying ARMA CO. So this loser starts cheating after 4 days, and you hold him up as an example and claim that it was the mod's or Rocket's fault he turned into a douchebag?

Elsewhere you defend the mod in it's alpha state and talk about how players don't seem to realise this, but yet you seem to support someone cheating because it is an alpha?

Pretty sure he is being sarcastic

A good read

http://www.phillymag.com/articles/feature-is-it-just-us-or-are-kids-getting-really-stupid/

Edited by katniss

A lot of people talking trash about the OP fail to realize his sarcastic level 99.

I agree with each point that he talked about. And yes, a friend of mine played ArmA 2 just for curiosity and he said to me that it's a big piece of sh*t.

You made this man hack your game Rocket. With all the broken legs randomly from running, opening doors, walking up or down or within 100 feet of stairs, buggy zombie AI, random bleeding from looking up too quickly, being killed by a random person, bandits, Republicans, AIDS and International Communism.

It's all your fault he hacked to make the game easier for him and his buddies to get weapons and roleplay being all awesome

Up until that point, i was almost certain that it was a legit post. Your trolling ways shall be punished, as there is a special place in hell, reserved just for you.

Hacking could be toned down if server admins could do.. ANYTHING.. to those who aren't stupid enough, to use detectable hacks.

And that is not AIDS's fault.

Edited by Stworca

ArmA II is garbage in the sense that, no body hosts servers anymore, it's all god damn DayZ. Now if they had some TvT DOM or any type of TvT, it would be fun. But, it's all DOM verse really easy bots. ArmA's missions are dull and easy and although it is a Mil-Sim, the action on them is short and boring, the bots are pretty retarded and so are your AI teammates.

Up until that point, i was almost certain that it was a legit post. Your trolling ways shall be punished, as there is a special place in hell, reserved just for you.

Hacking could be toned down if server admins could do.. ANYTHING.. to those who aren't stupid enough, to use detectable hacks.

And that is not AIDS's fault.

He was being sarcastic, calling out the stupidity of self-pitying hackers.

Edited by TheDesigner

You forgot one point that you've demonstrated yourself, Jachim. People are too used to hand holding game mechanics that force people to play in a finely tuned balanced field. They claim they like a "hard" game, but when forced with the reality of human nature and a game that thrives on authentic play vs. balance, they cry an ocean of tears and make threads like you have.

Rocket has stated the game shouldn't be and won't be balanced. This is good. This is the type of game DayZ is about. It's not an MMO, it's DayZ.

You can't claim to like "hard games" and cry a river demanding it be balanced at the same time. You are exactly one of the people you're "pointing out" in your original post.

"People are jerks!" Yep. Sure are. I'm one of them. Guess what, people are jerks in real life and people would be just as unfair and demoralizing in a real post-apocalyptic situation. An arbitrary mechanic to "balance" this away would be ridiculous.

"Snipers!" Admittedly the sniper count is higher than it should be because of duping and guns with infinite ammo (like the DMR/M24). When standalone curbs the rampant hacking/exploiting, I would wager you'd experience a noticeable drop in sniper activity. It's still going to be there for sure. Newspawns will still get bullets to the cranium. But, people will start to wane on spending bullets on newspawns when they will eventually run out of ammo and have to hit actual loot spawns/kill geared players to get more.

I also can't fathom how anyone can state that Rocket has "sold out" or is "neglecting the mod" or any other bullshit people come up with to state the the Standalone announcement/PR appearances are detracting them their experience. From day 1, Rocket's goal has been to make the game he's dreamt of making. The DayZ mod is not it. It was just the most cost-effective way to use an existing engine/game and mod it to show the proof of concept. The ORIGINAL goal from day 1 is now becoming a reality. You can't blame the guy for seizing all the opportunities he can right now to get the standalone visible and start working on his *actual* dream vs. trying to prove his dream is a viable game via the mod.

Play DayZ or don't, but stop making these "Well, that's it" threads like you've had some epiphany and have "outed" DayZ for "what it really is".

You're an idiot.

• Like 1

Cant we all just be friends, hold hands and sing kumba yo my lord ?

I dont see how another QQ post is gonna fix things

3. Arma 2 is a great game, and it's worth the money

no, I cannot agree with that...

So Rockets experiment proved people are stupid? Did we really need a zombie survival game to come to that conclusion? I think not but I'm not complaining.

You know, you got me. I never actually played Arma 2, but I have a barber who played it and said it was garbage so I believed him.

I still wouldn't pay 30 bucks for it. Come now, it's worth maybe 10 for its campaign and modding ability, but 30? Naaaah.

Dude, you have no idea what you are talking about. It was an uninformative post to begin with, now i just think you're an idiot who will say anything he thinks is the popular opinion. Even after admitting you never played Arma2 you STILL seem to think you know its value. How am I suppose to trust anything you say. For all I know, you are re-posting your barbers opinions.