colekern

Is there a way to re-skin the PMC character?

Does one know where I can find a re-skin or do you know of a way to open the game file's so I can make a re-skin of the PMC characters? The low quality textures annoy me. And no, I'm not gonna spend ten bucks on a prettier character.

why and why not just buy the high-res skin?

• Like 1

Does one know where I can find a re-skin or do you know of a way to open the game file's so I can make a re-skin of the PMC characters? The low quality textures annoy me. And no, I'm not gonna spend ten bucks on a prettier character.

If you made a new skin or edited the file, that would likely keep you from connecting to servers. After all, why not just recolor/reskin ghillie suits to an obnoxious bright orange?
  • Like 1

why and why not just buy the high-res skin?

Dude. It's freakin' $10 to make my character prettier.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll wait till standalone then.

• Like 1

And why do you need your character to be prettier in the first place?

dude the texture is part of the dlc, along with SUVs and a flying can with machine guns.

Which is less than 20mins work here... or barely 2 cups of coffee. Is $10 really that valuable to you?

Plus the PMC campaign is pretty damn goood (and can be played coop).

Anyone know how people are running around with custom faces and haircolours?

You can find them on the web, google for em. The problem is most servers will kick you for them.

This is more of a security reason than anything else, it is a filter set on the server, or so i hear.

Many faces can be selected in your profile. The faces aren't outrageous, unless you could the WIlliam Wallace paint one, but you can get a nice mustache or a pair of shades to keep you feeling special. No file substitutions, no BE woes, just an option in your player profile, accessible from the main menu.

Screw my humanity, anyone with the William Wallace facepaint gets a hot 40 Mike Mike High Explosive FU in the face.

Actually, I only played Arma 2 once, and... I really didn't like it. I'd rather spend my money on the standalone or pre-ordering Borderlands 2.

Also, someone asked why I wanted to make my character look better. My reason is the same reason there are 12,594 (on gamebanana, at least.) re-skins of weapons and characters for CSS. People want their game to look good.

Regarding the other faces and sunglasses...

NOTHING and i mean NOTHING beats the Ali G. face with Aviation sunglasses .... nuff said

Just one question: How good is the PMC campaign? In the normal Arma 2, I just kinda died hilariously and laughed at the voice acting.

Just one question: How good is the PMC campaign? In the normal Arma 2, I just kinda died hilariously and laughed at the voice acting.

No One really buys Arma just for official campaign, there's much more. There's user made missions, campaigns, singleplayer mods, multiplayer mods, multiplayer missions, editor....

You can find them on the web, google for em. The problem is most servers will kick you for them.

This is more of a security reason than anything else, it is a filter set on the server, or so i hear.

wait banning custom skins is a security related? could you please send me a PM explaining the issue.

wait banning custom skins is a security related? could you please send me a PM explaining the issue.

The main reason is because If I can re-skin my characters face, why not just re-skin the ghillie suit to a bright orange? To put it simply, I could cheat. Easily. Which by the way, was never my intention. I didn't realize there were security issues until I posted this.

• Like 1

Yep, reskins can be used to cheat. Remember back when everyone manually editted the Quake 3 Arena video settings to way, way below the minimum? It turned the maps into something out of Tron, with uniform ambient lighting and bright primary colors for all skins. You think you're a red solder in a dark shadow under an orange staircase, but I just see a big blue mannequin sitting still under a white polygon. Enjoy my hypervelocity railgun slug.