Iezza

Are you a bandit, Hero or Survivor?

Bandit, Hero, survivor?  

237 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• hero
    • bandit
    • survivor

Hero? I always laugh hearing that expression. Are there players running around doing good deeds for everyone? \

Yup.

I've been a bandit since I started playing, around 1.4 and will continue to play that way.

I'm at the stage where I PVP is the part of this gam that really gets my heart pumping, zombies are just annoying now.

Heh, Bandit ofc :D gotta keep my negative 3 Million humanity up there :P, see all shoot all ^_^ (that is until I get killed by a hacker again) -_-*

I am all of these things. Sometimes I shoot people for their stuff. Sometimes I'll beat a person to death with a crowbar over a can of pasta (my first kill). Sometimes I'll help people that need it (kneecapping a horde of zombies following some unarmed chump). One time I kneecapped a guy and let zombies eat him. Sometimes I'll run away like a big pussy... er, big hero.

Maybe I'm just an asshole. Where's the asshole option?

• Like 1

Bandit for me. I look at it this way for the current state of DayZ... the only gear I need to kill zombies is a pistol or hachet. All other gear, literally, exists to kill other players. Being a survivor is way too easy with the wealth of gear and item spawns, and zombies aren't a threat. I don't need NVG, AS50, L85, guillie suit, etc etc just to kill zombies.

Hero doesn't make sense to me. By simply playing the game and gearing up, with some exception, you are doing things to earn hero status. Once geared up, the only thing left to do is kill other players, even if one's mindset is to hunt and kill those who camp spawn points, Cherno and Electro. If surviving was a real challenge, I would say differently.

Killing other players is the end game for me. Zombies are not the threat; other players are. Kill or be killed.

I beg to differ. I find SURVIVING harder than being a bandit. Why?

Bandit: See someone - shoot, kill, check gear and leave

Survivor: Keep character alive, avoid players, raid towns and medical areas, avoid being seen

Hero: Help others, hope they don't shoot you and be prepared if they begin to open fire or you're ambushed.

I think people aren't voting based on what skin they are using, but on what they are trying to play as.

THIS THIS THIS.

I beg to differ. I find SURVIVING harder than being a bandit. Why?

Bandit: See someone - shoot, kill, check gear and leave

Survivor: Keep character alive, avoid players, raid towns and medical areas, avoid being seen

Hero: Help others, hope they don't shoot you and be prepared if they begin to open fire or you're ambushed.

I beg to differ. I find NOT BEING A BANDIT harder than being a survivor. Why?

Bandit: See someone - shoot, kill, check gear, go back to camping spot, wait for someone else to check gear and repeat.

Survivor: Try to avoid zombies as though they're somehow a threat, avoid high-populated areas in order to not see any other players, get fully geared up, then get shot because it's impossible to avoid players completely without resorting to debug forest, islands or hiding in forests for the rest of your life.

Heroes: New skin to shoot at.

EDIT: Then again, I'm one of those people who enjoys setting up the perfect head-shot and watching people drop when the satisfying pop rings. Maybe they should bring our a single-player version of the mod for people that enjoy not seeing other players and simply want loot for no reason.

-MONSTER

Edited by M O N S T E R

I beg to differ. I find NOT BEING A BANDIT harder than being a survivor. Why?

Bandit: See someone - shoot, kill, check gear, go back to camping spot, wait for someone else to check gear and repeat.

Survivor: Try to avoid zombies as though they're somehow a threat, avoid high-populated areas in order to not see any other players, get fully geared up, then get shot because it's impossible to avoid players completely without resorting to debug forest, islands or hiding in forests for the rest of your life.

Heroes: New skin to shoot at.

EDIT: Then again, I'm one of those people who enjoys setting up the perfect head-shot and watching people drop when the satisfying pop rings. Maybe they should bring our a single-player version of the mod for people that enjoy not seeing other players and simply want loot for no reason.

-MONSTER

I think they can make a smaller map for people who want to play it like it's CoD and just shoot everyone walking around.

:o

That's right, that game can be played both ways.

I go into highly populated areas because I find raiding small towns not very fun. The close encounters causes one's heart to race. It's forcing yourself to not shoot someone when they're close by that's hard. Killing them is easy. ;)

I'll murder for supplies, but I won't just to shoot someone unarmed freshly spawned. Or if I don't need anything, I tend to lay low and let them move on or I move away slowly.

Its actually a pretty even split poll. Was kinda suprised... I figured it would be something like 50% bandit, 30% survivor, 20% hero.

For me that's huge lack of imagination..

You have the gear, power to do anything in this Wasteland and you stick yourself into some bush and kill everybody you see. Just boring...

I've tried to be a bandit when I got top tier gear, shot 2 people in matter of hours for no good reason.. and just felt there is no point to this and went doing something else; finding and repairng vehicle, moving gear and seting up camps so I'm supplied for good, checking out Green montuain and Devil's castle. Attended (more like voayer to don't get killed) Sundey church mass masacre in Cherno, become a medic and got into some medic operations. Last week set out to get myself a choper so that made me busy and I got one now... in the future maybe get some public medivac or transport operationg going on, and so on.

But on another hand it would be also boring and too easy without you bandits.. so you're good to be in this game to :D

The biggest assumption by everyone is Bandits simply hide in a bush and snipe. Of course some do this but for most being a bandit is playing the game more or less the same as survivors do with the exception of killing another player if you run across them. I don't go around looking to kill other players personally but in the course of my travels if I run across one I have no qualms about shooting them. I deem everyone and everything in the game hostile. I don't want to start a camp with you nor do I need you following me around. My game name is Rogue for a reason. :)

I'm a "Hero", which is to say, I don't engage other players until they act aggressively toward myself or another "non-aggressive" survivor. I also help other survivors via transfusions, supplies, helping them escape the zeds, etc.