Which one is your favorite overall, and why would you recommend it?

Edited by Man vs Wild

1. Find M24 Sniper

2. Holy shit best sniper ever!

3. Realize it isn't a one shot kill.

4. Never pick up M24 again.

M24.

its smaller and easier to conceal when you are trying to stay covered while sniping.

Its camoed like the M4 CCO SD

The AS50 might be stronger, but overall I perfer the smaller size of the M24.

Depends on the range of your engagements. M24 below 800 meters. AS-50 above 800.

in all honesty..

Carry both weapons with a mag each.

Try both out and see how you like it. If you have a large enough bag you can carry two weapons inside plus one in your inventory.

If you prefer one shot kills, AS50.. if you prefer being cruel and placing someone in shock and making them bleed out to their death... go with M24.

AS50 has a 400m noise range i believe, not sure about hte M24 though

Edited by TheChooch

The AS50 is the preferred weapon of dupers and hackers, but aside from the one shot kill it's really not that great a weapon. First of all it's loud, so you run the risk of having every zombie in the area running straight at you when you fire it. Second of all it's not that accurate, and the mildots are screwed up, so you really need a rangefinder to use it. Basically if you're looking for one-shot kills at long range, and you have a rangefinder, an AS50 will do the job, but for almost everything else, the M24 is a superior weapon for a couple of reasons. It's much more accurate than the AS50, so you'll have an easier time getting head shots, (which are a one-hit kill); it shares ammo with the DMR and the M16-AIM, which is arguably the best assault rifle in the game, (you have to split the 20 rnd. DMR into 4 x 5 rnd. magazines, but it's the same round), and it's small and camouflaged.

tl;dr People who prefer AS50s usually run around in large groups of well-equipped players, or they're hackers and dupers who don't really know what they're doing. The M24 is the better all-around weapon.

• Like 2

The AS50 is the preferred weapon of dupers and hackers, but aside from the one shot kill it's really not that great a weapon. First of all it's loud, so you run the risk of having every zombie in the area running straight at you when you fire it. Second of all it's not that accurate, and the mildots are screwed up, so you really need a rangefinder to use it. Basically if you're looking for one-shot kills at long range, and you have a rangefinder, an AS50 will do the job, but for almost everything else, the M24 is a superior weapon for a couple of reasons. It's much more accurate than the AS50, so you'll have an easier time getting head shots, (which are a one-hit kill); it shares ammo with the DMR and the M16-AIM, which is arguably the best assault rifle in the game, (you have to split the 20 rnd. DMR into 4 x 5 rnd. magazines, but it's the same round), and it's small and camouflaged.

tl;dr People who prefer AS50s usually run around in large groups of well-equipped players, or they're hackers and dupers who don't really know what they're doing. The M24 is the better all-around weapon.

Thanks for the good explanation!

I love my CZ.

You know what they say about blokes who carry AS50's

Its an over compensating thing.

• Like 1

In terms of damage and range, AS50..

But, your more likely to find ammo for an M24 :thumbsup:

P.S Not everyone with an AS50 is a duper or a hacker. Found mine at a crashed heli :beans:

• Like 1

I would immediately switch my .50 cal to a M24, SVD or DMR IF the ALT-F4 players could not get that easy away.

So I prefer a .50 cal (AS50 or M107) above every other sniper weapon. If you hit with one of these monsters no one can ALT-F4.

There isn't a reason to use a different sniper aside from the AS50.. Unless you prefer how it looks? Or want to be different. AS50 is better then all of them. You can also blow up vehicles using NATO rounds with it... Why use a different sniper? :S

Edited by terrex

I love the m24 but still most of the time i use the as50..

But i love m24, its accurate as fuck upto 800.

As50, cause its powerfull. (1 hit kill) and very accurate with double zoom. Only downfall is how loud it is.

In terms of damage and range, AS50..

But, your more likely to find ammo for an M24 :thumbsup:

P.S Not everyone with an AS50 is a duper or a hacker. Found mine at a crashed heli :beans:

Same. I found my AS50 on a player's body near a heli. But I prefer the M24 over any other rifle.

If anyone has an M24 with a decent amount of rounds, I'd be willing to trade my .50 cal for it.

I prefer the M24 for a simple reason: I'm a realism freak, and I use the guns I'd use in real life. I would never carry a .50 cal, they are huge weapons and weight a ton, the ammo is also heavy and takes a lot of space in your backpack. I fired a .50 IRL once, and the recoil was terribly uncomfortable. Ok, it was a bolt action rifle without a recoil absorption system like in the M107 or the AS50, but still... 7.62 rounds are more than enough to kill people, zombies and animals (well, IRL they are).

The M24 is a one-shot-kill if it's a headshot. If you can't headshot, you are a lousy and lazy sniper. Learn to shot or stick to the machine guns.

As it's been pointed out it all depends on what you want out of the weapon. If you ask me, for the average lone survivor the m24 has much more utility. It does depend heavily on play style. Personally I am close to 19k humanity and prefer only engaging bandits who are actively participating in predatory hunt of under armed survivors (Acting based on skins alone indicates either a lack of understanding of the current system or the feature to find for jurisdiction to pvp). For these reason I find the ability to take down but not kill a valuable utility.

The m24 has a much smaller profile, not to mention it's camouflaged. I have found a considerable amount of "Elektro sniper hill" players prone with ghillie suits on because utheir ridiculously large AS50 sticks out like an artillery battery. Add to that the fact that the m24 chambers the most common high powered rifle ammunition in the game, and the added bonus that a single dmr mag provides you with four 5 round clips at the expense of a single inventory slot, a you've got yourself a hell of a rifle.

• Like 1