tsugan

This Forum is Slowing Down D:

I don't mean the amount of people who post here or look at stuff. I mean the load times for this forum have increased for me steadily for about a month now, I remember when it was lightning fast! Anyone else? (And yes I have removed cookies and deleted browser history, I do it regularly)

It's been posted about several times, I blame cloud fare.

I have removed cookies and deleted browser history, I do it regularly)

Just use Chrome Incognito for browsing that stuff, bro.

• Like 1

I know the feeling, it takes a considerable amount of time to load and post in a topic these dayz.... (see what I did there?)

I noticed it slowed down for a while, it's been nice and quick for me for the last week though. I know the Admins have been looking into it.

Yeah its way slower than the WarZ forums. I read and post on both. I start loading DayZ first and Im in and reading threads in the warZ general discussion before DayZ website has even loaded.

Has been okay for the recent few days, for me, however, I have noticed how slow it was prior to that. How hugely slow D:

Because the mod is dead until all the game breaking problems are fixed. The rush of people from summer sale is over and everyone has logged a high amount of hours (im sitting on 192 hours and haven't played in 2 weeks)

The hackers ruin the gameplay for people and once you rent a server or join a group and dupe items the rest of what's left after hackers breaks the point of dayz.

A temporary solution would be to remove tents and vehicles.

Because the mod is dead until all the game breaking problems are fixed. The rush of people from summer sale is over and everyone has logged a high amount of hours (im sitting on 192 hours and haven't played in 2 weeks)

The hackers ruin the gameplay for people and once you rent a server or join a group and dupe items the rest of what's left after hackers breaks the point of dayz.

In other words you can't read

Do you even read what you are replying to?

I have also noticed that the forums are loading slower.

No he (v1ktor) doesn't read the posts.

Edited by Fraggle

Right now for me the forums are deadly slow. And if I try to open 2 pages in 2 new tabs, one opens after 2-3min of loading and the other just pops out a "the website is currently offline" screen.

In the last few days the site started being slow as fuck. This needs to be fixed fast.

I can go take a shit, make myself some coffee and wank off at least once before a page loads. Now I remember how it was on my 56kb modem back in the 90's... but no, wait.. that would still load faster then this shit here. Fss..

With the shit load of new players that registered in the last 3 months, I think its time to upgrade server capacity? If the site uses cloud fare then someone should point out to them that they upgrade their cloud servers or something.

It takes 35 seconds to do a page refresh (F5) and 40 to do a reload (CTRL+F5) over here in London on my 20Mb cable connection. It's been like this for a good couple of weeks now.

I can't believe that this problem is known to the powers that be and that it hasn't been rectified yet and more glaringly, that there's been no official word about the problem put up. It really doesn't give me much faith for the future to be honest.

Five minutes later it timed out :

qpj4so.jpg

Edited by HackerSlasher

Hey who locked my OMFG These forums thread? it was obviously a take on people complaining about the mod...jeez

I locked it, and I'll ask you kindly not to spam useless threads in the future.

@op: problem with dupped items rely partly on the Arma II engine, and we will have to wait the standalone for most of the glitches to be fixed

however it is not illegal to use a scripted .50 AWS, still you might want to play fair, as you will lose it more sooner than later.

Edited by Thadeum

I've noticed it also, hopefully it speeds up a bit soon

I love the way people who pay for nothing and do no work towards something think they can complain about it not working.

I think the point is that for a team that's supposedly meant to be bringing out the standalone version of this game in the not too distant future, to have a non working, none functioning or badly degraded service here and now on their site, simply doesn't instil any confidence in them getting the game up and running successfully and in a timely manner. In fact at this time, it looks like they don't know how to fix it due to the lack of any information regarding it, which to me also looks unprofessional.

Edited by HackerSlasher

I've no clue. I see the staff posting less and less. I'm afraid they are focused on the standalone and don't care much for this forum anymore since I guess the standalone will have its own site/forum.

I just hope its my imagination but I really start thinking they won't "waste" time on here anymore :huh:

I can see how this would make members disillusioned. It can turn into full fledged mutiny if left unchecked. It has happened to other forums. A new forum was made, and the member left the old one like rats would a sinking ship.

This forum is nearly unusable even for me, with 30/40 mbps bandwith. Clearly something has to be done.

This isn't just about the "free" mod. It's about wether the new full game will get any support.

Edited by kebman