Sign in to follow this  
Greensnake

Just for Day Z?

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the good place to post this, but I hope you don't mind.

In any case, I'm in a conflict: I really like Day Z, I've seen gameplays and read about it a lot (basic guides, things you can do...) and it totally looks like the "best" zombies "game" ever made, just because it's really realistic (you need to eat, drink, there are long distances, you have to care about illness and temperature...).

BUT I don't like Arma II, it doesn't look like the kind of game I'd like to play and wasting some money in a game I don't want sounds stupid, but I really want the Mod Day Z.

So I heard somewhere that soon (or late) a new game will be released and it will totally look like this mod. I don't know if they're rumours or something, but I already heard a name : War Z.

The point of all this is: Should I buy the game just for the mod? Is it worth it? or should I wait if some similar game comes out?

Wait for DayZ standalone?

• Like 3

Warz at the moment seems to only be a, we're gonna have this and that, and a hole bunch of that!!! When in reality they only have photo shopped pictures that is supposedly from the game.

Dayz standalone is coming out before the end of the year so why not wait for that I gaurntee it will be way better the warz which so fat has yet to deliver anything to prove there claims of an amazing game and from what they are posting about the game it seems it will be another wow clone with a dayz skin on it.

DayZ is worth $30.

Honestly, best game I've ever played in terms of continued enjoyment and replay value.

The kind of game that you'd like to play is kittyonline

Arma is a hard game, i haven't completed/triedto do the campaign yet clocked 100+ hours on armory cause that shits fun.

A army sim isn't everyone's cup of tea and if he doesn't want to waste his money on 2 full games (that he doesn't like) to play 1 mod doesn't make him camp.

yeah....wait for standalone....guys...IQ Minus?....

DayZ standalone would be SAME game on same engine asi ARMA 2(ok...2.5) but even ARMA 3 look the SAME! as ARMA 2...play the same..same models etc...

so if he dont like ARMA 2....its little retared tell him to wait on standalone.....

For Greensnake....if you want similiar game....look up for State of Decay...there is new trailer and looks good...

anyway...Arma is the WORTS game ever made....not because gfx or sounds or etc...but cuz AI....this game made you play one mission almost 1000xtimes cuz IDIOT AI...and if i mean IDIOT......AI here is fu** retardet....i doesnt manage to play mission only for one(AI doesnt let me).....

Edited by Kapr

I didn't wait. I bought Arma II because a friend of mine told me the greatest things about it. I bought it about a year ago, started it once (!) and closed it again. I didn't like it. Obviously.

Then, about three weeks ago, I reinstalled, tried again, liked better, read about DayZ, installed and I'm blown away... try it.

At this point getting dayz is pointless, to many hackers, too little support, wait for standalone: the developers smell the money now so they have basically given up on the mod from the conversation I had with one of them the other day he told me that any work that I did for the mod was "not worth your time at all" so it looks like they already gave up on the mod without the standalone being ready, so I wouldn't buy it right now if I were you

Arma is a hard game, i haven't completed/triedto do the campaign yet clocked 100+ hours on armory cause that shits fun.

A army sim isn't everyone's cup of tea and if he doesn't want to waste his money on 2 full games (that he doesn't like) to play 1 mod doesn't make him camp.

That's exactly what I meant. Arma II is more a sim than the typical war game, and I don't want to spend long hours in completing one mission...

On the other hand:

@Kapr Okay I''ll take a look to it, thanks.

@Nicksbrain Well but you had it before and you didn't like it, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Btw guys, what is "Standalone" ?

Edited by Greensnake

That's exactly what I meant. Arma II is more a sim than the typical war game, and I don't want to spend long hours in completing one mission...

On the other hand:

@Woodland Okay I''ll take a look to it, thanks.

@On the Coast Well but you had it before and you didn't like it, that's what I'm trying to avoid.

Btw guys, what is "Standalone" ?

Dayz is being made into its own game so you will not have to deal with arma anymore, Standalone simply means that it stands alone and isn't apart of anything else.

You can buy Arma II: Combined Operations for only 17$ instead of 30$ on right places. ;) Just look for it on Google, I got mine for 17$.

Btw, Arma II is AWESOME, I even play it more than I play DayZ. LOL!

Why bothering about 30 bucks for a great game and an even greater mod? You could spend 100+ hours even with vanilla arma or user made missions. Give it a try, the engine and game mechanics are a bit strange but you'll get used to it, and then it rocks.

By the way today I bought gas for 140$ (80€)! That sucks! :lol:

So ok guys, these are the main opinions I got from thread:

1. Day Z it's woth it, the game is pretty good and it's only 30 bucks, not much money compared to other games.

2. Wait until another game as standalone comes out. Don't wait anything from War Z.

3. Nope Nope Nope. Day Z is getting shitty, there are a lot of hackers and it's gettin' forsaken.

So, yeah, the main opinion is No. Just because the mod was great at start but not now or because some new better games will be released.

But anyway I still want to give it a chance, so do anyone know another nice mods for Arma II? (as nice as Day Z or close to it)

Maybe If I find more kind of mods like that one I'll convince myself