devianc

You will never be able to shoot a target at 1000m

I've seen a couple of posts before about people wanting and/or accomplishing the 1km shot on a target.

To all of them I say BULLSHIT.

How is it that you take down targets at 900-1000meters when the Fog of War kicks in around 500-600meters. There's absolutely NO way you can hit something 1000 meters out. You cannot see it.

**edit: before you troll this, look at response below**

Edited by devianc

Its a variant distance the fog of war lol, me and my friend got 20 confirmed kills in elecktro from 900m

• Like 1

lol ofc, there is.. first of all maybe you should run the game with visibility on 100% instead of the normal 50ish %

second.. ofc there is fog, but its not on all servers etc etc.. its a mechanic in the game so on some servers there is foggy, and others it might be raining.. if you are lucky and is on a server with clear weather, nice daylight etc.. yes then you can easily kill from 1+ km's away.. the .50 cal weapons effective range is 1.2 km's so ofc you can hit from that distance.. unless you are a complete dumbass

View distance is defined in server settings. Stop telling people bullshit to adjust the visibility. Go ingame, join a server and try adjusting the visibility setting. You will see no effect at all be it 500m or 10km. Again, this is server defined settings.

I've seen a couple of posts before about people wanting and/or accomplishing the 1km shot on a target.

How is it that you take down targets at 900-1000meters when the Fog of War kicks in around 500-600meters. There's absolutely NO way you can hit something 1000 meters out. You cannot see it.

Epic Fail

When I'm on Elektro Sniper Hill I can see up to 1200 meters (measured with rangefinder)

I once shot someone with an AS50 out to 1350 meters. Idiot was sitting on top of green mountain.

I've gotten multiple 1000+ kills, not hard. Fog is dynamic and with good weather visibility goes way above 1000 metres.

Oh and, 1000+ is the only purpose of the .50 cals.

I've gotten multiple 1000+ kills, not hard. Fog is dynamic and with good weather visibility goes way above 1000 metres.

Oh and, 1000+ is the only purpose of the .50 cals.

Besides headshotting bunnies at 3 meters.

When you get a nice .50 cal ... just hand it to one of your friends that can use it.

Whoever made this topic sucks. If you'd be a decent player you'd know the fog depents on time of day and server settings.

Tss ... i double kill at 800 m ... easy to shoot a target at 1000m ... if its not moving... its a 1 shot for me

Also, the term "fog of war" does not refer to actual fog. It's a term that references the inherent confusion of battle.

To internet-heroes abound,

Troll harder please. I didn't know that the visibility was Server-dependent. It's Ok folks, sometimes people still learn stuff, and not everyone knows everything. The server I play on must be limiting visibility to about 600 meters. That's pretty cool I think because it equalizes the .50 cal to some degree.

@ Double_Back

STFU NOOB. But no, seriously, Fog of War, as you're talking about is what you just read on Wikipedia. The term Fog-of-War, in the GAMING sense is a very old term meaning past the visibility of the player. Fog of War is often mentioned in RTS type games like Starcraft 2 or dota-style games.

Edited by devianc

LOL...If you do not have a vid of yourself killing someone from 1000m+ then please stop saying you have "confirmed" kills. Heck if all you need to do is add the word confirmed in a forum...well then I have 1,267 kills from over 1000m....confirmed!!

LOL...If you do not have a vid of yourself killing someone from 1000m+ then please stop saying you have "confirmed" kills. Heck if all you need to do is add the word confirmed in a forum...well then I have 1,267 kills from over 1000m....confirmed!!

Yet any experienced player can tell you it's not a hard thing to accomplish in the right conditions, there is no need to prove anything if someone makes such a ridiculous statement.

Or, stop being lazy as shit, open the editor and see just how accurate these weapons are at 1.5km ranges. Why the fuck should anyone have to upload a video to prove something as obvious as this to you.

• Like 2

M107 Sniper Rifle Guide:

AS50 Sniper Rifle Guide:

Arma 2 ACE2 Realistic Sniping (for you who still dont know that DayZ is based on Arma II ... a Mil Sim)

HAVE FUN

• Like 1

I was sniping with the AS50 from a high vantage point, tracking a player roughly 800m away, I was preparing my shot as he started to pass the 900m mark, he was running in a straight line away from me with no cover around, i.e. he was in the open. Next thing he just vanished in front of my eyes, this must be him passing the 1000m draw distance. It is sooo anoying! I was prepping my shot and I could have hit it at 1000m, well, I would of atleast liked to try! But thanks to the 1000m draw distance this will always be impossible. :(

Edited by Sgt.Leon

ive gotten a shot at about 1100-1200m at elektro sniping hill , i have never seen such a fogless server in my DayZ life.

I got a 900m shot yesterday on a server with quite a lot of fog, to the point where the target was not visible with my m107. As long as you have an L85 to spot with and your target is stupid enough to remain stationary, fog doesn't matter in the slightest.

• Like 1

I've hit people at 1200 with the AS50.

how can you see people at 1200m when the draw distance is 1000m ???