puppetworx

Running Speed - Heroes faster then bandits

So according to this video (jump to 3:54) heroes run faster then bandits. What about regular survivors do they run as fast as heroes, as slow as bandits, or somewhere in between?

Edited by puppetworx
  • Like 2

i think it goes like this as far as speed:

Fastest: Hero

Fast: Survivor

Slow: Bandit

i'm pretty sure

Weight makes more sense, but I honestly believe that Heros and people with higher morality deserve perks. Bandits get a bad-ass shemagh (spelling?), and Heroes get... a plad shirt!

This thread will be attacked and ranted on by Bandits...

Edited by D. Welch
  • Like 1

Odd.. I'd just rather have the speed of running depend on how much gear I am carrying. Big backpack full of gear, n' the weight of ammo/guns n' gear.

I actually saw a piece on Arma 3 where they have incorporated that very idea, hoping it will trickle down into the dayZ standalone.

Each skin has passive effects

Survivor: Nothing

Hero: Increased Run Speed and fatigued less often

Bandit: Slower. Steadier hands when zoomed, resist to cold/hunger

Ghillie: Increased disguise. Hard to see. Nothing else.

Soldier(only hacked in): Increased resistance to bullets, Resist to knockout

White Camo(out of game): Effects Unknown

Civilian(aka farm clothes): Not in game / effects unknown.

Edited by Scrump
  • Like 1

Source please? Not wanting to sound like a douche. But just to be safe. :P

Dumb system. I don't want to know on sight if someone is a bandit, a "hero", or a survivor. People in real life wouldn't wear an "I'm a murderer, shoot me!" badge, so it shouldn't be forced on them in this either... unless this experiment in "realism" is just being thrown at the window now. The new system encourages people to just run away from a fight instead of defending themselves... who wants to risk getting a pair of crusty undies wrapped around their head, causing them to run slower, just because they shot back at someone who tried to kill them. Nope, better to just tuck tail and flee, because it'll make you better at doing just that in the future.

Pure pussification. Someone ever tries to kill you... you try to kill em right back.

• Like 1

Running speed is actually an interesting perk, and it doesn't cause balance problems either since a survivor is less likely to harm you because of it.

One thing I fucking hate though, is the ridiculous heartbeat feature which allows you to spot people in trees. A person's actions/appearance should be enough to give you that information, the heartbeat crap has no place on veteran servers.

running speed is mostly decided by amount fps and how low your ping is (lower ping + higher fps = faster run speed), basicly its how this engine works.

Dumb system. I don't want to know on sight if someone is a bandit, a "hero", or a survivor. People in real life wouldn't wear an "I'm a murderer, shoot me!" badge, so it shouldn't be forced on them in this either... unless this experiment in "realism" is just being thrown at the window now.

Lol, apparently we're in the minority. I made a poll about this a while ago and it does seem people want the skins in. I really don't know why, it takes so much from the game. It's even more like a death match to me with them in because you know on sight who is likely to shoot you. That's the theory anyway a lot of the time doesn't work because as you said, killing someone that was shooting at you doesn't count as self defence, it counts as a murder.

Does that mean a hero or bandit can't wear the Ghillie suits? Or that if they're wearing a Ghillie the effects of whether they are a hero or bandit will no longer apply? Still seems a broken system to me. Even if they can wear the Ghillies but with the effect of the other skins, you don't know whether they are a hero or bandit underneath it.

nice feature, if bandits are balanced by let's say less recoil.

Edited by Scrump, Yesterday, 11:06 PM.

Ah jesus christ, and the care bear arcade features begin. Heroes run faster, really? Lets give heros unicorns and make them shoot lasers from their eyes too. What the fuck. Slippery slope up in here.

Edited by itputsthelotion

Ah jesus christ, and the care bear arcade features begin. Heroes run faster, really? Lets give heros unicorns and make them shoot lasers from their eyes too. What the fuck. Slippery slop up in here.

Umm you note the bandits get some love too right?

Baby jesus don't give a dang!

Edited by katniss

Weight makes more sense, but I honestly believe that Heros and people with higher morality deserve perks. Bandits get a bad-ass shemagh (spelling?), and Heroes get... a plad shirt!

This thread will be attacked and ranted on by Bandits...

You can't be serious saying the shemagh by itself looks badass. Combined with the rest it looks silly. As a bandit I'd prefer the full bandit skin as it used to be.