Sign in to follow this  
KrisDayZ

Heroes few and far between?

Where'd my post go?

I've never killed anyone in dayz, never even shot at another player. I said when I joined this game that I would never shoot at anyone who was not shooting at me. And that's how I play the game.

I have given blood transfusions, and banadaged others but I spend most of my time alone. My humanity is at 3750. Doesn't bother me if it goes up or not.

Amusing to see people running around healing each other for a skin but at least they're doing it, I guess.

I mean it when I say, I have not seen another player who is NOT wearing a hero skin. They all have the hero skin. I'm the only one I come across who isn't - I'm female and wear the female skin. But then I try not to waste my time with the sort of kids and men who PvP.

Amusing to hear this, since 95% of players that I run into have the towel over their face.

TMW are all heroes.

I currently reside just below 28,000 humanity, Zero murders

You are not alone. Its a big game. Perhaps you should apply to TMW and then you could be among heroes. In fact sounds like you would be a prime candidate for Trusted Mentors of the Wasteland. Its an off shoot of TMW and they train new players the ropes, get them their basic tools, weapons and tips on how to play and so on.

Contact Joe Shaw for all the info you need.

• Like 1

I really do like the heros and their story but in my opinion that game would be boring without bandits.

I myself hunt them whenever I see them lying on elektro or countersniper elektro hill.

Who would you guys save if there wasn't anyone that first shot them (since Z's aren't really a big deal anyways)

Those cool stories could not happen without bandits and I do accept every way you play this game wheter you're a bandit a hero or just a normal guy.

I'm at -40k humanity now, got all my kills from sniping elektro hill snipers and I never wanted to be a bandit but now I was kinda forced into it.

The humanity system isnt that great imo.

If someone shoots you shouldnt lose humanity for killing him

I heard hiding in the grass and picking off unarmed fresh spawns is hard... Man I bet you're really good at this game................

Okay, tired of being used and abused, the few people that actually end up being friendly are bullet magnets and the ones that aren't friendly will abuse my hospitality before slaughtering me, say goodbye to my classy scarf and hello to a brand new towel wrapped around my face >=)

stick to it god damn it... persistance is the main thing that makes a hero skin

i'm at 24k, got hero skin before i become medic.. and haven't been used and abused (if i didn't want it to) for some time now

and yeah.. don't trust no one ;)

• Like 1

I am a hero, with a team of people who play casually. After surviving for long periods of time and having to defend myself in combat, I can safely say its a thousand times harder to be a hero than a bandit.

~6000 humanity. It's hard to be a hero, since even if you have a hero skin, some bambi will still shoot at you.

Edit: that symbol means "close to" or. "approximately" it's not a negative.

Edited by TheDesigner

I was only one blood bag away from the hero skin when I was put in a position that I was forced to kill a guy.... -forever civi-clothed-

Surely that is the problem, if you have to kill in self defence you become less of a hero?

I'd rather see humanity relate to the type of players you're killing.

If you kill a person with low humanity your own rises etc.

From what a lot of you are writing here it seems you haven't read how humanity works. You don't lose humanity if you kill a bandit. In fact, I think it goes up.

I did post it in the threads but will look it up and post again here. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

This is what was on Dayzwiki, I hope it helps. :thumbsup:

Humanity is an in-game statistic that determines whether a player is a survivor, a bandit, or a hero, as well as being a general indicator of how well a player interacts with others. A player starts off with a humanity of 2500. A humanity of at least 5000 will give a player the hero skin. Conversely, a humanity of 0 or below will give a player the bandit skin. A player will gain humanity upon administering medical supplies to another player, and will lose humanity by injuring or killing survivors or heroes.

Gaining humanity

There are several ways to gain humanity in DayZ. The primary method by which players gain humanity is through administering medical supplies to other players that need treatment, such as through bandaging a bleeding player. If a player's humanity drops below 2500, it will be replenished at a rate of approximately 30 points per minute until the player's humanity is restored to at least 2500. Neither bandits nor zombies yield humanity points when killed.

Healing others

• 20 humanity points will be received for using a bandage to stop another player's bleeding.
  • 250 humanity points will be received for using a blood bag to give another player a blood transfusion.
  • 50 humanity points will be received for using morphine to heal another player's fractured or broken bones
  • 20 humanity points will be received for using painkillers to relieve another player's pain.

Losing humanity

A player will lose humanity points when injuring or killing survivors or heroes. Humanity loss when killing a survivor is based on the number of projectiles or explosions that hit plus the amount of humanity that the other player has upon death.

Notes

• It is unclear whether epi pens, heat packs, or antibiotics will yield humanity points when administered.
  • A bandit will become a survivor at 2000 humanity.
  • It is unclear at which point heroes will revert to being a survivor or if this happens at all.
  • Using pellets against another player may reduce your humanity substantially, due to the large amount of projectiles being fired.

Bugs

• A bandit may sometimes appear to be a hero. The mechanics of this deception are unclear.[1]
  • There is currently a bug in which humanity may be reset upon switching clothing. (Which you can fix by disconnecting and reconnecting)

i was a hero once, but i got shot by a silenced gun at long range, (i was low on blood, knocked me unconscious) i woke up after 20 seconds, he thought he had killed me, i took cover and bandaged myself, my buddy stayed back earlier and gave me a blood bag, i found the guy that shot at me on the outskirts of zelenogorsk near the treeline, i aimed at him, (it was night, had an l85 thermal) 300 meters away, then fired 2 shots, 1st shot missed, second , a headshot, but i saw that i now have one murder and 2960 humanity, i kileld someone who shot me earlier and lost alot of humanity, which is stupid, thankfully im nearly a hero again ( it was my shooter, it was late at night, 5 people in the server, 3 were my friends, 1 was me, he was the only other guy) Spox, his name was (difficulty was in veteran, and no death messages come up, thats why he thought i was dead)

I'd like to be a hero, but the in the longest run i've had i was shot by a scared, trigger-happy survivor being chased by zombies whilst i was eating inside the market at Zelenogorsk......

All other players i met after that i was in the early stages of the game. At least no one killed me!

Your humanity can go up?!??!! Woooot :huh:

P.S. - No I am not trolling - I've neither seen mine go up - despite never killing anyone - I've never seen anyone help anyone, I've never seen anything but a rat-race blood bath with everyone standing on everyone else's shoulders to further their own ends.

On the on occasion I stopped to help someone, just as I'm about to bandage them, they turned around and shot me in the face... IN DA FACE MOMMA!

Edited by Xelous

What exactly do you get for being a HERO?

You run faster

You get different clothing, what type of clothing?

You get this when reaching 5000 in humanity

Anything else? And what about a bandit?

You get this when reaching 0 in humanity

Here you get a towel on your head

And zombie skin

Anything else?

Also :

What is a whitelisted medic? And how do you get whitelisted?

Edited by TP-Andersson

Most of us at TMW run around in Hero skins - some of our medics have in excess of 100k Humanity!

Too bad there's no female Hero skin yet :(

lol yea hero to but is there away for me to join your Clan?

I'm a hero as well. Although i dawn the Wookie suit so you'd never know. When I first started playing I killed some random player. The guy never even saw it coming. After gunning him down (with what later I would find was a hacked weapon) I felt terrible. I thought about all the times I had died after hours of looting either from Zeds or bandits. Since then I have never even so much as shot at another player. I've been think about setting up near the coast and handing out weapOns and gear to new spawns. Humanity is definitely something the dayz worldis missing. It takes guts to not shoot at those who could kill you at any moment.

Generally these are the heroes I come across.

Seeing as you are a bandit I find it hard to imagine you have experiences with heroes like that before you start the shooting.

Seeing as you are a bandit I find it hard to imagine you have experiences with heroes like that before you start the shooting.

Implying I start shooting at everyone I see, I don't randomly kill people all the time. Why should I be discriminated against because of my moral flexibility?

Regardless I wasn't in my bandito skin and was armed with a hatchet.

I'm a hero! :D

I can definitely tell you that the skin is AWESOME. You look so much more badass then your standard survivor. You have much more pockets, a holster, and your shoulders look more broad. You also get a dust/sand colored hat and camo skarf hanging around your neck. Goes GREAT with sunglasses.

It's kinda hard to explain unless you see a picture! Which i don't have atm >.>

Also - I could swear you actually get an improved tactical vest. I took a few magazines of makorov mags from a bandit to the chest and survived with ~7,500 blood after putting the bastard down with my hatchet.

Food for thought.