luxifergrim (DayZ)

Legit item spawns vs. hacker spawns

Some background info...

Last night- I rolled into NE Electro... I wanted to make a quick run through town, but decided to stop at the warehouse by the powerplant and see if there was anything in the tower. I sneak into the bottom floor when I see six geared up gentlemen standing in a circle. I slide out amazed that I wasn't noticed and decide to peek back in. No one had moved. I watch for several seconds, then decide to slide in.

When I checked them I couldn't believe my eyes! M4 with 10 mags, FAL fully loaded with mags, Thermal Sniper, etc... I thanked the gentlemen for their kindness and helped myself to the loot.

Today- I roll into a totally different server, with the same plan of finding a tent in Electro. I move through the store and school and work my way to the church when I find that it has been blown to kingdom come... But nearby several bodies lay, apparently killed in the blast. I saunter over and check the bodies... Silenced M4's? Thank you once again. I load up and move out...

I'm certain the event's last night were caused by a hacker, but what about today's incident? How do I know the difference between hacker activity and a legitimate big time score?

Is there a risk of being banned for robbing hackers?

No there is no risk of getting banned for picking up a hackers gun.

Rocket said so himself.

I thought that there was still a chance that the server admins could ban you, not a global ban, but server side.

No there is no risk of getting banned for picking up a hackers gun.

Rocket said so himself.

But rocket has no control over BattlEye which does all the banning?

But rocket has no control over BattlEye which does all the banning?

BE doen't even know how to control itself. The most secure way is an admin reading the logs and dealing with the players personally. Even then a "BE guid block" doesn't work all the time ( we found out that players we added to the list because they used forbidden weapons still connected to the server after some time, they were blocked at first or something is wrong with BE which is a possibility ) so you have to do it "manually".