ZeroWalker

Admins can´t read ?

Exactly, and with a playerbase that is just out looking for reasons to get your server banned, I'm not surprised more and more people are moving to private Hives.

Honestly, which other game out there has a section on their forums dedicated to reporting admins? If I play other online games and encounter a server with an abusive admin, I move on to another server. Granted, abusive admins can cause quite a bit more damage in this game, but it's still nothing that can't be recovered.

It's like the Salem witch trials, just with less fire and more nerd rage.

Couldn't agree more.

Admins can ruin the game only by locking, restarting when it's convenient... and that's all. You may lose a vehicle that you have stolen from them or they do that to avoid getting killed, but they can do nothing more.

Compared to that, there are players who cheat, kill all the players on a server, teleport them in a thunderdrome, spawns vehicles or weapons crates. And then there are all the exploiters, picking up weapons from all these crates, duplicating weapons and other unfair exploits.

I really think they don't care about hacking until the game is gonna be a stand alone. Problem is, all this hacking is ruining the reputation of the mod, and each server admin who try to make their server hackers free gets a shitstorm by all the script kiddies or the exploiters who want to play comfy with their AS50 TWS acquired from a weapons crate.

• Like 1

I have to agree that being an admin in this game is a horrible experience. I personally will be moving my server a private hive because the majority of the player base in this game nerd rage, when you are trying to help keep their experience pleasant.

When a hacker telle's everyone on my server, or does anything rediculous, I instantly kick all players so that I can look through the logs, I have to screenshot the player screen so that I look up the guid's and look through the logs.

I often restart the server to get rid of the hacked vehicles the spawn in.

Why do I do this? To stop the hacker from killing you and to stop you from getting a hacked vehicle driving it into the woods and get stranded when it despawns.

What do I get for trying to do this? Flamed on the message boards, my reddit and teamspeak blown up by people raging and just all out jackassery.

Why would I post my teamspeak information and reddit contact information on my server MOTD if I just wanted to ruin your experience?

I do that so people have a forum to talk to me and discuss things, instead they just get on swear at me or send me some awful message on reddit.

it sucks, and makes the game way less fun for me. Personally when I take my server to a private hive, I know the quality players that I will be inviting. The rest of the community can kiss the service I provide goodbye.

Why pay to get berated by immature people who don't understand that you are acting in their best interest? 'OMG I KILLED YOU AND YOU KICKED ME BLAH BLAH"...No you didn't kill me because I am still at my camp alive, far from any other players...but still they "Have screen shots" that they never post and they just blather on and on until you ignore them for 15 mins.

Who wants that? Not me.

It isn't the admins that are ruining this game, it is the players with this ridiculous sense of privilege that "they have the right" to play on your server.

Where would this game be without us server admins that pay our own money to give you a service? No where, this mod would be dead as it has no private servers.

I love the mod, I know it is Alpha, so I don't complain about the bugs. Rocket and his team need to realign their priorities before they chase the rest of the server owns to private hive servers or away from hosting all together. They won't be here without us... remember that.

• Like 6

I agree, but you're flapping your lips in vain, the DayZ staff couldn't give a toss.

because they will fix EVERYTHING in the stand alone game, making all this jip yap useless ;D so i dont blame them not managing this Unmanageable situation, its just impossible as it is now,

they have nothing to combat the hackers, so they cant rob people from their servers which they paid $$ for, because the admins are usually trying to combat hackers batman style.

Oh, no, they have ways of combating hackers, they just don't want to take it because the admins who are already abusing their powers are supposedly going to abuse their powers if they do.

So, everyone is on a witch-hunt to see how many servers they can get shut down? How about us server admins start going into the cheat reporting sections and posting the GUIDs of hackers, dupers, ghosters, combat loggers, etc?

How many of you whining ninnies who keep crying admin abuse will then be left to play the game?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, after all.

Please do that! Died three times to a hacker today, one that teleported, one that had a skin you can't get and god mode, and a guy with as50 thermal.

I am not on a witch-hunt for servers, but it's like hacking items if you can farm the spawns over and over again.

Some servers I frequent will lock the server only during a restart. This is to ensure that the hive and the server are in sync. This doesn't happen very well when people join directly after the server is restart and force their way into the game as fast as possible. I don't mind it, and I laugh that it pisses some off.

For my server, I just restart it, join and let it count down on the timeout timer.

Get your own server, pay for it and do better, instead of moaning.

bullshit

who provides server, because he believes he can do what he wants is to go to the doctor immediately.

(modified quote: Helmut Schmidt)

Seriously, for our 2 servers, we've already taken actions.

We warn people with illegal weapons and then ban them if they don't drop the weapons. And we have an program against the cheaters (dayz anti-hax) which really works against cheaters. We prevented several Thunderdomes from being created and avoided several mass killings.

So yeah, we've got a lot of hate from all these script kiddies who got nothing else to do than buying for a f*cking cheating program and the players using exploits (3 different threads where they complain, saying things like "I got an illegal weapon but I didn't spawn the crate, so I did nothing wrong"), but the servers are really better to play on.

In the meanwhile, we got no word from the moderators (but they went on the threads, because one of us was banned because he used unconsciouly a racist word shown on the translator.) So we go on and actually make the game fair for everyone.

So, server admins, do like us: prevent the game to be ruined by these a**holes, and tell them to f*ck off if they complain (with animated gifs for bonus points).

• Like 1

I thought with the stand alone coming out people would stop giving a fuck.

I would like to say that if you do pick up a hacked weapon then you are not at fault for the weapon being there in the first place. Administrators who ban and or kick for this are indeed abusing because the player that has the said weapons is not at fault for them being there and they will be used as any other weapon until they die.

Two I must agree that it appears that admins have little or no power against cheaters so therefore, I in my own opinion highly suggest to server owners to use private hives and make formal applications through this forum or another to get specified people into their servers to make it better for everyone.

If you haven't noticed by now, complaining on the forums is achieving little or nothing other than wasting 20 minutes of your life typing a giant block of text.

• Like 1

What server provider allows you to ban? Id like to switch. Using HFB and they do not allow banning at all. Having rampant hackers problems because we cannot ban. So can someone suggest a new server provider?

Check out the Arma 2 Rcon GUI

Also, after speaking with their support, with their private hive, they are allowing BERcon. Considering switching back to HFB from Vilayer.

bullshit

who provides server, because he believes he can do what he wants is to go to the doctor immediately.

(modified quote: Helmut Schmidt)

Really? Because aside from BF3 I can't think of many other games that have such stringent requirements. There's so much misinformation about this, and little bitches moaning on this forum all the time about "admin abuse." This pales into insignificance when compared to the amount of scripting going on.

There are 4k+ servers, of which a small percentage are locked. I have banned over 400 people for scripting on my servers, multiply that across the 4k out there and you get an idea of the problem.

So take your "admins are so bad 'cause they lock the server" argument and shove it.

Really? Because aside from BF3 I can't think of many other games that have such stringent requirements. There's so much misinformation about this, and little bitches moaning on this forum all the time about "admin abuse." This pales into insignificance when compared to the amount of scripting going on.

There are 4k+ servers, of which a small percentage are locked. I have banned over 400 people for scripting on my servers, multiply that across the 4k out there and you get an idea of the problem.

So take your "admins are so bad 'cause they lock the server" argument and shove it.

Given that a good portion of the 4000+ servers out there have a comparable ban list if they have active admins and the problem gets a little bit larger. Though in all fairness we've probably all got a lot of the same GUID's since hackers just surf from one server to the next when they're banned locally.

I think the CBL should invite all server admins to submit their bans.txt files. They they can go through a differential process, pull all the unique GUID's that appear in all lists, and any GUID that appears in more than two bans.txt submitted is added to the CBL.

Admins can read, they just choose to use some common sense and protect the server they pay for so you freeloaders can get a free game with your goddamn hacks. Hacked weapons are just as bad as hacks and are cheating.

Cry as much as you want, its not going to change the fact that I pay for my server and will enforce sensible rules on it.

I really wish that all the admins would just give up and this mod could die and all you whiney little bitches would have nothing to play.

And I really wish all you whiney little bitches would go and die somewhere in the corner and let the men play the game in peace.

• Like 3

Admins can read, they just choose to use some common sense and protect the server they pay for so you freeloaders can get a free game with your goddamn hacks. Hacked weapons are just as bad as hacks and are cheating.

Cry as much as you want, its not going to change the fact that I pay for my server and will enforce sensible rules on it.

I really wish that all the admins would just give up and this mod could die and all you whiney little bitches would have nothing to play.

And I really wish all you whiney little bitches would go and die somewhere in the corner and let the men play the game in peace.

Bit harsh but beans for the first bit.

Well, this (on top of Vilayer's incompetence) is why I'm moving to private hive. That way, the entitlement ends with me.

• Like 1

What server provider allows you to ban? Id like to switch. Using HFB and they do not allow banning at all. Having rampant hackers problems because we cannot ban. So can someone suggest a new server provider?

The host doesn't have anything to do with it. You need the Battle Eye RCon or the Arma 2 Rcon to ban players. I have HFB as a host and I have banned players using the tools I mentioned above.

I see servers that are locked with the same 2-10 players (clan-mates or friends) being the only ones allowed in. I see servers that are locked for hours while the admin's clan goes around re-equipping themselves after their "base" gets raided and their vehicles stolen. I have seen people kicked and banned for raiding said bases, stealing vehicles, or even shooting the admin. These seem to be ok, as they do so on a continuing basis.

Without you being able to see the logs you wouldn't be able to see those players that contributed to such actions actually spawned in as a "seagull" to find the bases or track the admins to shoot them.

Amen brother I feel where you are coming from. I personally am so sick and tired of being threatened to have my server blacklisted. With the way things are as of now with this broken mod it would actually be doing me a favor so I can get off my ass and put up a private hive with multiple servers that actually "work" thus being able to save your tents and vehicles.

i have a Server from them and I can Ban - Ihave banned for AmmoBoxBig - Use Dart - This pulls the ban list in your server and you can add players to - Just Dont Abuse it

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/68933-dart-a-lightweight-dayz-rcon-tool-v04-29082012/

I say players need to be punished for false reporting myself, you flame a server with false reports you should be banned perm. What reason do these negative nancys have to stop them from throwing around baseless accusations (the locked server you dont need to report the hive knows and it is recorded and most hosts prevent it from happening).

Dont you kids think playing the game is more fun than making a "look at how hard i snitch list", get a clue the hive knows all.

Thats great.... so whos checking the hive logs?

Well, this (on top of Vilayer's incompetence) is why I'm moving to private hive. That way, the entitlement ends with me.

I think AusArmA might be heading that way too, though they will run a shared private hive for the 5 DayZ AusArmA servers (mini hive for 5 servers).... all in all its a better option than a global hive... BI/BE/Rocket aren't doing anything to help protect players and servers so why use their restrictive/slow/buggy/hackable hive.

They do not abide by the server rules.

Who???

Edited by i76

locking your server is like planning an orgy and then kicking out that drunk prick that runs around naked slapping his dick on everyone's foreheads whilst screaming "COME AT ME BRAH! DO YOU EVEN LIFT?!"

Fixed for you ;)

In all seriousness though, we're about this [ _____ ] far away from privatising our server, inviting another trustworthy clan & just having a big clanwar.... We don't mind bandits or those that either kill us or loot our camps. Once again, it comes down to hackers. Not - is he/isn't he - hackers, hackers that run around with GAU 8's with God mode on.....

I've been abused twice... ='[

Go to a Private Server community or server and stick there.