ZeroWalker

Admins can´t read ?

okey I reading a bit on Server renting for day Z and so on well if im right a few admins seams to not care or they can not read.

here are 2 of the rules

• You CANNOT kick other players for your friends and clanmates
  • You CANNOT lock the server for ANY reason at ANY time

Well 3 servers now have a few times kicked or banned every one on the server for no reason at all and when I check there are 4-5 people left on the server proboly friends of the admin or clan mates. I was just on a Server with 20 people and I saw on the chatt thingy one after one people got admin ban before I got admin ban my self.

I can understand kicking or baning players for breaking rules or cheating but doing it with no reason on 15 players well rules again if u rent a server.

so 2 servers I shall metion are DE 1803 and DE 1306. So for bloody sake learn to read or give a valid reason why u ban or kick almost every one on the server.

• Like 2

There is a forum section for reporting admin abuse, reading for the win.

• Like 5

okey I reading a bit on Server renting for day Z and so on well if im right a few admins seems to not care or they can not read.

This is a rampant problem. The reason MOST people want a server is it provides a play advantage. In a perfect world we would report them and they would shut them down. All people do is make excuses (Our server was hacked HARD well un ban you, we thought you were the hacker) (we got thunderdomed) (etc etc there is ALWAYS a reason and its always bullshit)

Then all you do is report them on admin abuse / server abuse forum and it takes a week for anything to get done.....

Problem is in the mean time they can do anything

• Like 3

The fact that players can even report servers is a luxury that I find is oft times ill abused around here.

Not saying all server admins are straight up, but people act like they have a god given right to tell server admins how to run their servers.

Yes there are rules, yes we read the rules, and yes a lot of us stick to the rules as closely as we can under extreme duress from a player base that half the time is hacking and the other half of the time is "meta-gaming" in a method that they think is "acceptable" cause its "not against the rules and they can't be banned for it."

Hosting a DayZ server is a "privilege" or so they say, apparently playing on a DayZ server is an inalienable right that everyone, including ghosters, combat loggers, ESP users and hackers have, until the Almighty BattlEye says otherwise (Which usually means a lot fucking longer than it takes for one pissed off player to ruin someones server cause they got banned from it.)

This community needs to reexamine its priorities quite heavily.

BTW I do not condone the actions in the original post, I am simply stating an opinion based on the responses it is getting. Server admins put up with a truckload of shit and they pay to put up with it, and no one seems to give a damn about how they feel in regards to that state of affairs. Good admins get no respect at all and bad admins make every admin look bad. And in the end we're all "full of bullshit" to paraphrase, and apparently only the players of this broken ass alpha are the only people with a right to anything at all.

To be honest I think that if players are allowed to boss server admins around, I think server admins should be allowed to boss the DayZ Dev Team around...simply because hey, if the chain of authority is reversed, might as well play fair, cause I can think of a few demands I'd like to make around here too....like the fucking alpha even being playable...at all. But theres always an excuse for why they don't fix their broken ass alpha, and its ALWAYS bullshit.

Then all you can do is watch Rocket do his world tour, "the new hotness" media blitz, trying to sell DayZ as the new black to everyone and their dog, when the fucking Alpha is currently unplayable for any other purposes than running around in Chernorgorosk and deathmatching.

And the problem there, is in the mean time, you can't do anything, except sit around with a broken alpha, listening to players boss you around, and dealing with four or five major disruptive hacking events a day.

Edited by ChernoPTA
  • Like 23

The fact that players can even report servers is a luxury that I find is oft times ill abused around here.

Does anybody read this forum?

There are so many posts there you can't keep up with it...

On topic: Yes, I can read. ;)

Not saying all server admins are straight up, but people act like they have a god given right to tell server admins how to run their servers.

Yes there are rules, yes we read the rules, and yes a lot of us stick to the rules as closely as we can under extreme duress from a player base that half the time is hacking and the other half of the time is "meta-gaming" in a method that they think is "acceptable" cause its "not against the rules and they can't be banned for it."

Hosting a DayZ server is a "privilege" or so they say, apparently playing on a DayZ server is an inalienable right that everyone, including ghosters, combat loggers, ESP users and hackers have, until the Almighty BattlEye says otherwise (Which usually means a lot fucking longer than it takes for one pissed off player to ruin someones server cause they got banned from it.)

BTW I do not condone the actions in the original post, I am simply stating an opinion based on the responses it is getting. Server admins put up with a truckload of shit and they pay to put up with it, and no one seems to give a damn about how they feel in regards to that state of affairs. Good admins get no respect at all and bad admins make every admin look bad. And in the end we're all "full of bullshit" to paraphrase, and apparently only the players of this broken ass alpha are the only people with a right to anything at all.

To be honest I think that if players are allowed to boss server admins around, I think server admins should be allowed to boss the DayZ Dev Team around...simply because hey, if the chain of authority is reversed, might as well play fair, cause I can think of a few demands I'd like to make around here too....like the fucking alpha even being playable...at all. But theres always an excuse for why they don't fix their broken ass alpha, and its ALWAYS bullshit.

Then all you can do is watch Rocket do his world tour, "the new hotness" media blitz, trying to sell DayZ as the new black to everyone and their dog, when the fucking Alpha is currently unplayable for any other purposes than running around in Chernorgorosk and deathmatching.

And the problem there, is in the mean time, you can't do anything, except sit around with a broken alpha, listening to players boss you around, and dealing with four or five major disruptive hacking events a day.

Yeah I can totaly agree with u on allot of that. bust just baning people so they can play with friends or clan mates geesh at least tell me that I get pissed for getting banned for no valid rason and I hate server jumping I wanna stay on one server but now I need to have like 10 servers so I now I can play every time admins wanna play with there friends or clan members. I liked the server I was playing on until I get like admin ban can he thinks piss off I wanna play with my pals.

Perhaps the Admins think the guidelines are naive and don't pay them much attention.

Edited by Gogster
  • Like 3

okey I reading a bit on Server renting for day Z and so on well if im right a few admins seams to not care or they can not read.

here are 2 of the rules

Well 3 servers now have a few times kicked or banned every one on the server for no reason at all and when I check there are 4-5 people left on the server proboly friends of the admin or clan mates. I was just on a Server with 20 people and I saw on the chatt thingy one after one people got admin ban before I got admin ban my self.

I can understand kicking or baning players for breaking rules or cheating but doing it with no reason on 15 players well rules again if u rent a server.

so 2 servers I shall metion are DE 1803 and DE 1306. So for bloody sake learn to read or give a valid reason why u ban or kick almost every one on the server.

Get your own server, pay for it and do better, instead of moaning.

• Like 4

I say players need to be punished for false reporting myself, you flame a server with false reports you should be banned perm. What reason do these negative nancys have to stop them from throwing around baseless accusations (the locked server you dont need to report the hive knows and it is recorded and most hosts prevent it from happening).

Dont you kids think playing the game is more fun than making a "look at how hard i snitch list", get a clue the hive knows all.

• Like 2

Thread moved to server reporting>

If you want to make a proper report you'll need some evidence (screenshots/vids).

I say players need to be punished for false reporting myself, you flame a server with false reports you should be banned perm. What reason do these negative nancys have to stop them from throwing around baseless accusations (the locked server you dont need to report the hive knows and it is recorded and most hosts prevent it from happening).

Dont you kids think playing the game is more fun than making a "look at how hard i snitch list", get a clue the hive knows all.

exactly, should be a double edged sword.

and why do you think most people want a server for them selves? I know a big issue with the game that is effecting EVERYONE.

Cheaters, may it be through hacking or exploiting ingame bugs, they RUIN the game.

do you have any idea how many people join my server with dupped/spawned gear?

5/10 people, thats 1/2 of everyone that joins my server has perfect/illegal gear.

its so fun getting hunted by 5 random people with l85/as50's

whoopiedadoo.

What server provider allows you to ban? Id like to switch. Using HFB and they do not allow banning at all. Having rampant hackers problems because we cannot ban. So can someone suggest a new server provider?

Yeah, really we server admins are being treated like shit. We have no power to hand the smackdown to hackers. And we pay for this "privilege". Look I got a server so I could help build the community and play on a server where I could ban hackers with glee. But I have no tools to find out who the hackers are. I am not going to ban people for suspicion of being a hacker. I want solid evidence before I ban people. We need more support from the dev team. They may think that we are privileged to host their game but they are the ones privileged to have us donate our time, energy and money to their game.

Dev team, get your priorities straight. I follow your rules, so stop making us pay for your infrastructure when we can't even be allowed to fight back against the hackers.

• Like 4

Guys that do that shit give us admins that spend more time scouring the logs than playing trying to get evidence to protect the server (and the players and their assets on the server) so we can be accused of lets see what have i read over the months oh i know, teleporting,rolling back, spawning weapons,vehicles etc.

Not to mention the fact that with every patch it seems to get harder and harder to track down the hackers unless its blatantly happening infront of you.

For example today i personally witnessed a guy on the coast spawning the big black PMC Suv, oh and lets not forget the guy with the g36c sd that teleported behind me, then directly infront of me as i fired on him (7 out of 10 shots hit him as50) to which he just looked at me and opened fire (and missed) long enough for me to esc/abort then ban (yes thaduke im talking to you, you sad sack of shit).

Sooner rather than later ill end up going private hive the reasons for this are simple

1.Complete control over the player base (i.e hackers get banned period)

2.Vehicles and tents actually save (zomg a miracle)

3.Hive isn't busted (see reason 2)

• Like 1

What server provider allows you to ban? Id like to switch. Using HFB and they do not allow banning at all. Having rampant hackers problems because we cannot ban. So can someone suggest a new server provider?

LOL! HFB do allow you to ban and update your own filters. Please don't blame your lack of server management skills on a great host.

• Like 1

Thread moved to server reporting>

If you want to make a proper report you'll need some evidence (screenshots/vids).

I've made a report at least a week ago, and still not approved, so not sure what it helps...

So, everyone is on a witch-hunt to see how many servers they can get shut down? How about us server admins start going into the cheat reporting sections and posting the GUIDs of hackers, dupers, ghosters, combat loggers, etc?

How many of you whining ninnies who keep crying admin abuse will then be left to play the game?

What's good for the goose is good for the gander, after all.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 3

One of the problems is that when ever you report a GUID and it gets banned, the guy has a new copy and is back in the game. And dont come tell me a hacker doesnt want to break your server EVEN more if you get him banned.

Its not a viable solution and therefor server admins are forced to lock, massban and masskick, just to try and keep it a nice and pleasent experience. As an admin on the official servers, you have NO CHANCE of knowing who is doing what as you are totally restricted from the DB. So theres only 1 thing to do. systematically kicking people you dont know, maybe even a ban, to try and keep order.

As for server reporting, apperently it does nothing lol. people are still playing on blacklisted servers, admins are still abussing. Find a viable solution insted of this beating around the bush.

This is where we are atm with the official servers guys. cold hard facts

Also its abit fun to think about this:

Dayz was build for a game, wich at the time was LIVING on passworded servers, and now we dont know why its gone horribly wrong.

Theres a reason Arma II (prior to dayz) was a password hell. Hackers have ALWAYS had it eay in arma and the best defense is PW, always has been and always will be :)

Edited by Byrgesen
  • Like 1

As someone that is not a server admin, but who plays the game and checks the forums regularly, the enforcement of both the server rules and anti-hacking seem backward far too often.

I see servers that are locked with the same 2-10 players (clan-mates or friends) being the only ones allowed in. I see servers that are locked for hours while the admin's clan goes around re-equipping themselves after their "base" gets raided and their vehicles stolen. I have seen people kicked and banned for raiding said bases, stealing vehicles, or even shooting the admin. These seem to be ok, as they do so on a continuing basis.

On the flip-side, I have seen server admins attacked and disciplined for temp-banning unknowns (to give them time to check the logs to find the hacker for a permanent ban) after server-wide hacks/nukes make the server unplayable.

Players and admins are both told that they have to provide proof that something wrong has occurred, but whether it is or isn't often doesn't seem to matter. Enforcement on either side appears to be more random than a loot spawn.

To be perfectly honest admins pay circa 50 quids per month for the "privilege" of not being able to ban hackers without 16.3 hours of video footage and all the logs in the universe. Not to mention the privilege to not be able to do a full server restart, with tents and vehicles gone.

There are tons and tons of abusive admins over there, to be sure.

There are, however, tons and tons of legit admins being fucked by them rules, and/or blacklistings.

Edited by Stworca
  • Like 3

To be perfectly honest admins pay circa 50 quids per month for the "privilege" of not being able to ban hackers without 16.3 hours of video footage and all the logs in the universe. Not to mention the privilege to not be able to do a full server restart, with tents and vehicles gone.

There are tons and tons of abusive admins over there, to be sure.

There are, however, tons and tons of legit admins being fucked by them rules, and/or blacklistings.

Exactly, and with a playerbase that is just out looking for reasons to get your server banned, I'm not surprised more and more people are moving to private Hives.

Honestly, which other game out there has a section on their forums dedicated to reporting admins? If I play other online games and encounter a server with an abusive admin, I move on to another server. Granted, abusive admins can cause quite a bit more damage in this game, but it's still nothing that can't be recovered.

It's like the Salem witch trials, just with less fire and more nerd rage.

Edited by Zoop
  • Like 3