sushistrip

1.7.2.5 Failure

The graphical glitches aren't fixed. I now respawn on the beach about every 12 hours or so (I log off in one spot and then log on the next day and I'm on the beach again, still have my stuff). Also there seems to be a rendering glitch with trees; certain trees won't render until I'm about 30m from them. You guys have a million+ player base which is more than a lot of established games can brag about. Please get it together.

"this is just a mod in alpha" - lets both lol at that

so many ppl just say that when any1 mentions lag, gltiches, hackers

its true, in fact, but seriously, alpha no alpha shit like this is barely playable

i now only hope for the standlone

Rocket never intended to make a mod this big. He was expecting around 30'000 - 50'000 players for his mod.

He never asked for this, stop being SO entitled.

"this is just a mod in alpha" - lets both lol at that

so many ppl just say that when any1 mentions lag, gltiches, hackers

its true, in fact, but seriously, alpha no alpha shit like this is barely playable

i now only hope for the standlone

You are correct, we should laugh at those who use the "Alpha" excuse.

Because the ARMA 2 engine was built extremely trusting of the player, allowing them to use scripts and modify the game in almost endless ways. This creates infinite loopholes that people can abuse, and BattleEye isn't enough to plug those holes. Glitches aren't always fixable by the developers, and having created a Hive server instantly implies lag, when ARMA 2 wasn't exactly built to support the idea.

Most of the problems people are complaining about are because of the base game, not the mod.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

This is a free mod developed by people in their free time.

There is only one person in the team working on the game code (Rocket stated this in a recent interview) and no doubt he has a lot on his plate especially now that they have to set up a team to implement the standalone game and do all the media bollocks associated with the games announcement.

Just take a deep breath and accept that you aren't going to get frequent updates or frequent communications at the moment. No doubt it will change. Give them a break.

Edited by M_B

My only gripe againts devs is the lack of info in past few weeks.

I understand that they are busy with standalone DayZ,but they should manage to give us some feedback anyway.

As for glitches Im lucky,that changing HDR keeps them away for some time so I can play quite ok.

My only gripe againts devs is the lack of info in past few weeks.

I understand that they are busy with standalone DayZ,but they should manage to give us some feedback anyway.

As for glitches Im lucky,that changing HDR keeps them away for some time so I can play quite ok.

They've been at Gamescom for the past week, but I do agree they should post more frequently.

I haven't been able to play anywhere near Cherno, Stary, South airstrip, both north airstrips, certain places along the coast (basically anywhere fun) for the past 3 weeks because of these graphical glitches. Honestly I think these issues should have been addressed and fixed within the first week that they were discovered. Enough with the bullshit excuse of "this game is in alpha", "they didn't expect it to take off like this". I'm honestly sick of it. The lack of prompt fixes for this mod is going to cause the player base to lose trust in rocket, the devs, and whoever else is working on this. That mistrust will then carry over to the standalone. I don't mind that zombies can walk through walls, or that people can disconnect to avoid combat, or that the zombies are olympic gold medalists. But when you release an update that makes the game unplayable in the only fun areas in the game and then don't fix it at all, it really gives you a bad name and makes the whole player base a bit angry with you. They can do whatever the hell they want. They can say "fuck you" to all the complainers and just focus on the standalone, but they wouldn't be go very far with that attitude.

where the hell are you getting these numbers for all the players? only 20k people play it each day.

front page seems to disagree

I think we're all aware of this by now. The only thing I can suggest is you go back to whatever it was you playing before DayZ because it doesn't seem like you understand what you're meant to be doing here.

front page seems to disagree

that's probably from people who tried it once then left and maybe multiple accounts. only 20000 people play it each day

where the hell are you getting these numbers for all the players? only 20k people play it each day.

Players in the last 24 hours: 135,407

that's probably from people who tried it once then left and maybe multiple accounts. only 20000 people play it each day

seems you need reading lessons

Unique players: 1,140,335