Renan Ruivo

Any guides that take 1.7.1 into account? I don't have any starting gear that most guides refer to.

Ok, first of all i'm not complaining that i don't have any way to defend myself when first spawning. I don't agree with that but i accept it, especially since i am a new player.

However not even one day into the game and i have started to lose interest in it. I die too often, i can never find usefull loot fast enough (to justify not caring when i die).

I don't want to lose interest in it, because i paid money that i consider precious, since i'm going through some difficulties in life. Not the most responsible thing to do, i know, but now that i have done did it ... i want to keep myself entertained with the thing to relieve some stress. So i'm wondering, is there any usefull guide that takes 1.7.1 into account, and all the changes that came with it (I believe that the gear removal from starting players came with it. If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me) ? Because all the guides that i find consider that you already have means to defend yourself and survive (such as already having a water bottle, with some still telling me to fill it on the ocean).

I see players walking around with what looks to be end-game stuff, and while friends of mine tell me that they are hackers/dupers or are using some sort of "backup servers" to bring their characters back to life if they die, i'd rather save the cynicism for later, and believe for now that at least some of them know what they are doing and have been on my shoes in the past.

So really, all i want to know is if there are any didatic "end-game" players that got to where they are without resorting to cheap tactics, exploiting and hacking that has either written a guide or would be kind enough to offer some up-to-date tips for starters.

Thanks!

I don't want to lose interest in it, because i paid money that i consider precious,

Dayz is a mod for a game you paid for. If you explore all that arma actually has to offer, you will soon see that your money was not wasted. Complaining about losing money for a free mod is kind of rediculous even if you bought arma only to play dayz.

Dayz is a mod for a game you paid for. If you explore all that arma actually has to offer, you will soon see that your money was not wasted. Complaining about losing money for a free mod is kind of rediculous even if you bought arma only to play dayz.

I tried ArmA II before when spending a few days in another city on a friends house. And then some two days between downloading ArmA II and Operation Arrowhead through steam (1mb connection yo). Didn't liked it. I don't really dig military themed games. So yeah i bought it only for DayZ.

Alright, here is a tip from a player that started this game a month ago today and now has "end game" gear and found all of it as random drops except my NVGs. (I murdered for these because i have been looking for them for 3 straight days.)

Use http://dayzdb.com/map to find where you are and to see what type of buildings are lootable and how the yield is and what spawns.

The first thing i do when i start a new life is i get to cherno. Specifically cherno because of the amount of residential loot all close together.

I walk back and forth in the red circles aquiring basic gear like a 1911, an AK series weapon, medical supplies, Food and a Alice Pack and canteens:

ahdNa.jpg

I hit all of the high and medium yield residential (blue circles/squares) to get the 1911, Canteens, Lee Enfield, Alice, Food, Canteens, Ammo.

I hit the grocery for food, maps, compass, watch, binoculars, and alice pack.

I hit the medical tents and the military tents next to them to hopefully get luck and get a M series or AK series rifle, ive gotten lucky and got a GPS there once. Also i grab medical supplies there at the meditents.

After i have acquired all of that, i then head north to stary sobor, where i then find AKs and M4/16s and M24 and Coyote Backpack and other good stuff.

After that, I do 1 of 3 things: Hit the NWAF, Look for chopper crashes, acquire more food/medical supplies from Berezino.

I never go back to cherno or electro because there is no need, with stary and berezino providing what i have ran out of.

Now you may say "but i always get shot in cherno before i can get my stuff", well: Who cares, you didn't have anything worth shit anyways. Start the process over and this time, try not to shoot your gun so much, and try not to run around agroing everything in the city making it easy for a sniper to find you. I dont play as a bandit, but when i hear gun shots, i freeze, and listen to where they are coming from and i go looking so i can establish communication. Other may try to establish a kill; that is why being quiet is the most important thing while in cherno. I fire my gun more at the NWAF than i do at cherno.

MANY MANY player have successfully acquired their favorite gear, it is not impossible, you just need to change your tactics, and learn from your mistakes.

Learning from your mistakes is your biggest help, getting mad after getting shot will cloud that thought process. Instead, think about what you didn't do to ensure your survival.

Peace.

Edited by Ahzrukhal
  • Like 1

Hmm, i haven't been to either city yet. Been trying to gather stuff on vilages and etc. More often than not their buildings won't be enterable and that is a little frustrating.

I've been told to avoid those cities like the plague because its a mouse trap. But then reading you it dawned on me that i mainly play on servers with less than 10 people :) Thanks for your post.

Edited by Renan Ruivo

Everyone says to avoid these cities like the plauge, but that is because you will most likely die there, however, if you are smart, quiet and dont bring good gear, you can get out alive rather eaisily and since you just started out, you dont have much to loose anyways.

People say stay out of there, but that pertains mostly to players with good gear, cause the risk/reward is non existent if you have good gear.

But you aren't risking anything but a short time waste because you are just starting out.

I, however, am taking a huge risk rolling into cherno with NVG, M4SD, M16ACOG, and Coyote Backpack for nothing better than what i already have. I can get food anywhere and i have canteens so i dont need soda. Also, think of Chrno as containing everything you NEED to start and having nothing you want once you have gotten your start up equipment.

It is a deathzone, but only because of the amount of people there, so play on servers with no more than 20ish people and you will be fine, unless a sniper is sitting above cherno, but if you are listening and are quiet and observant, than you would know about the sniper before he knows about you. (Unless of course it is just you and the sniper in cherno and nobody else)

Also most snipers in this game suck because they dont know how to use mildots, and Kentucky windage. I cant tell you how many times i have dodged DMR and AS50 rounds cause the sniper sucks, just keep moving and dont sit in the open and you will be fine. I know from experience that you gotta lead the shot quiet a bit in this sim, meaning unless you have a ton of practice, you cant hit a moving target.

Also this is a slow game, dont try to rush it or it will chew you up and spit you back on the coast and not think twice. I have tried many different ways to get gear, and so far the best one is listening carfully, moving slowly, and scouting.

Also this is a slow game, dont try to rush it or it will chew you up and spit you back on the coast and not think twice. I have tried many different ways to get gear, and so far the best one is listening carfully, moving slowly, and scouting.

Well said. The great thing about DayZ is you play it how you want to play. I personally prefer to avoid confrontations with other players at all costs. It's not that I doubt my ability to come off best, it's just that I would prefer not to get into the situation in the first place.

You won't catch me running around laying bullets into everyone, you'll find me in the shadows, in the long grass and amongst the trees, watching your every move. I refuse to stoop into that 'shoot-on-sight' group of players that has swarmed DayZ in the past couple of months.

Staying out of sight and keeping a low profile is an especially good tactic if you don't have such great gear too. When you find some better kit, then you can start trying your chances and popping some players.

The more you play, the better you'll get. For me, the experience DayZ has given me is like no other game. There is an immense sense of satisfaction when you've found some nice gear. It's also very satisfying to sneak into a city like Cherno, find some great items and then bounce out totally unnoticed. When you come up against hostile players, or you know they're nearby, the heart goes racing like in no other game. I guess it's because you know that one shot could potentially mean you're going to lose everything and start from scratch.

But then again, I enjoy looting and scavenging, so I don't mind starting from scratch all that much.

Edited by Gigagator
  • Like 1

But then again, I enjoy looting and scavenging, so I don't mind starting from scratch all that much.

Me too, it is my favorite part of this game. Second favorite is killing people who shoot at me. I dont shoot on sight either, it isnt as fun as robbing someone at gunpoint or threatening people first. My favorite thing is to go up to someone all stealthy, get on coms and tell them to go prone or ill shoot, i usually give them 2 chances to go prone and either 1 of 2 things happens, i kill them if they have good gear, or they alt-f4 like pussies.

• Like 1

The simple guide to do well in Dayz is.

1. Spawn, and arm yourself as quickly as possible (With a hatchet most likely, as they're easy to find)

2. Head into a big town like Cherno or Elektro.

3. Loot for food, drink, medical supplies and most importantly for new players, a map.

4. Use your map (Make sure your on a regular server so you can see yourself on the map) and head to the North West Airfield, or the town of Stary Sobor.

5. Find awesome loot like AK's, Snipers, Pistols, Grenades, Binoculars, Night Vison Goggles and Ghillie suits.

6. Befriend or destroy your fellow survivors!

• Like 1

I will gladly help you... send me a PM to learn the basics from a fellow, albeit experienced, n00b.

Ok, first of all i'm not complaining that i don't have any way to defend myself when first spawning. I don't agree with that but i accept it, especially since i am a new player.

However not even one day into the game and i have started to lose interest in it. I die too often, i can never find usefull loot fast enough (to justify not caring when i die).

I don't want to lose interest in it, because i paid money that i consider precious, since i'm going through some difficulties in life. Not the most responsible thing to do, i know, but now that i have done did it ... i want to keep myself entertained with the thing to relieve some stress. So i'm wondering, is there any usefull guide that takes 1.7.1 into account, and all the changes that came with it (I believe that the gear removal from starting players came with it. If i'm wrong, feel free to correct me) ? Because all the guides that i find consider that you already have means to defend yourself and survive (such as already having a water bottle, with some still telling me to fill it on the ocean).

I see players walking around with what looks to be end-game stuff, and while friends of mine tell me that they are hackers/dupers or are using some sort of "backup servers" to bring their characters back to life if they die, i'd rather save the cynicism for later, and believe for now that at least some of them know what they are doing and have been on my shoes in the past.

So really, all i want to know is if there are any didatic "end-game" players that got to where they are without resorting to cheap tactics, exploiting and hacking that has either written a guide or would be kind enough to offer some up-to-date tips for starters.

Thanks!

The simple guide to do well in Dayz is.

1. Spawn, and arm yourself as quickly as possible (With a hatchet most likely, as they're easy to find)

2. Head into a big town like Cherno or Elektro.

3. Loot for food, drink, medical supplies and most importantly for new players, a map.

4. Use your map (Make sure your on a regular server so you can see yourself on the map) and head to the North West Airfield, or the town of Stary Sobor.

5. Find awesome loot like AK's, Snipers, Pistols, Grenades, Binoculars, Night Vison Goggles and Ghillie suits.

6. Befriend or destroy your fellow survivors!

I think there is only one problem with this your adviseing them to go to elektro one of the most dangerous towns in the game

Other then that f*** yeah 6 great tips

Those six tips sound simple enough, now that i have been doing what Ahzrukhal suggested. I "suicided" my then current toon because he had the shakes, no painkillers, a crossbow with no bolt and no bag (i dropped mine to pick up another, but got kicked by the server because i had high ping. Damn those admins who think 150ms is "high").

Logged into a 4 player server then went to the closes city (don't remember the name right now, it had a big-ass church and what seemed like an ice cream store). Inside the store, i found two pistols, an ALICE pack, binoculars, map, supplies, a crossbow and bolts. Decided to keep the crossbow because i could kill zombies while crawling and not alarm others.

Then i left because i heard gunshots (6 players by now). Ran as fast as possible from the store to the coast while trying to lose a few zombies.

Then i switched to a high-pop server, played around and got shot in a barn by someone who i assumed ghost-flanked me (he was in the barn with me, then he dc'd, and then a few seconds later i got shot).

Staying in low population servers for the time being ... and am even thinking about hosting a private LAN server with local Hive just to mess around, get to know the map and learn the game itself without getting bothered by exploiting players. Learn surviving the game first, then the players second ...

Edited by Renan Ruivo