Sign in to follow this  
Turkeydurpey

Remove the AS50/M107?

Hello there. I'm pretty sure this have been discussed earlier. But the AS50/M107 is overpowered, and it's not hard to find. It feels unrealistic running around with a big ass cannon on your back, with the highest accuracy on the game. The best sniper should be the M24 or something like that. It would be nice to actually have a chance to fight back the sniper before you hit the ground.

But i guess this will be marked as shit post from all the AS50 snipers, with their regular servers and no need of rangefinders.

Anyone thinks as me?

EDIT: Maybe i should add the low recoil, moderate sound level so your friends don't have a clue of where the shot came from and such.

Another Edit. Here you guys go. But don't rage, pls.

"Any good solutions? Make them more rare than the FN FAL NV. Make them loud as fuck. And as soon as you have one of them in your hands/back, you are "overencumbered" and can't run that quickly. Though, Still faster than walking. "

Edited by Turkeydurpey
  • Like 1

yes,remove snipers entirely. dem tearz,i laik to feed on them,so dalishus durrrrr

What?

Sorry but thats like in real war you start crying "Pls remove rocket launchers they are too overpowered gainst our tanks"

There is no op weapon every wepon is op if you got a god damn nice aiming guy.

Edited by Seelenschnitter

Hello there. I'm pretty sure this have been discussed earlier. But the AS50/M107 is overpowered, and it's not hard to find. It feels unrealistic running around with a big ass cannon on your back, with the highest accuracy on the game. The best sniper should be the M24 or something like that. It would be nice to actually have a chance to fight back the sniper before you hit the ground.

Then why start a new thread on this subject? And yet again, it has been discussed a million times by now. The outcome is always the same.

But i guess this will be marked as shit post from all the AS50 snipers, with their regular servers and no need of rangefinders.

No, I'm not one of those and I still think this is a 'shit post' as you call it. Because it simply is. Your reasoning is just stupid. Sniper rifles are there to pick you off while you're unawares and they are ment to kill you before you have a chance to retaliate. The only reason I can see for removing such weaponry is that it doesn't fit the setting very well and that is just my personal opinion I can't expect everyone else to share it. Some people just like military grade hardware. I don't and thats why I'm against these guns and whlie we're at it I don't like the thermal and nightvision either but I don't go an make the 1 millionth thread about it. If I have something to say about it I just wait for someone like you to make it for me.

Anyone thinks as me?

No, very few. I hope. Edited by James Ashwood

I actually agree. The M107 should be the only large calibre sniper in the game and should be extremely rare along with it's ammo. The AS50 is ridiculous and takes very little skill to use, along with simply premoting the amount of retarded PvP that is happening ATM. That fact the AS50 only has moderate noise is also fairly stupid, no amount of muzzle break will reduce the noise signature that much for a .50cal round. As you previously mentioned all the twats who sit on a hill outside Cherno/Elektro racking up kills for no reason will shoot this down, but it needs to be taken out, the AS50 atleast. The M107 isn't bad as you can hear it a mile away and has a slower cycle so more chance of not getting the kill if you miss first time. Should have to be a decent marksman and aim for the head/throat, not just aim centre mass and get the insta-kill.

a million times this topic has been made.

a million times the answer was no.

just make the as50 louder.

• Like 2

The sniper rifles are OP.

Don't give me the bullshit answer that 'every gun is overpowered if you can aim'.

Yeah, me you, in a field 700 metres from eachother. I'll use an AS50, you use an assault rifle. Let's see who wins.

The AS50 and M107 require NO SKILL to use. Just put in range, pull trigger. Even if you hit their fucking toe, they're down to -20,000 blood. From FULL HEALTH. It's beyond ridiculous.

The best sniper rifle you can find should do 10,000 blood damage (for the damage scale) and then the next best should have 7000 damage and very little recoil for follow up shots. The .50 cals are just simply bloody overpowered. And the only people who don't agree are fucking idiots or hill snipers.

• Like 3

cud we then plz add sniper self targetting flying drones to take out snipers with nukes plz ? :D

• Like 3

I am against removing .50 cals but you should have to drop your backpack to use it. Maybe the only backpack for .50 cal could be czech vest pouch.

• Like 1

The sniper rifles are OP.

And the only people who don't agree are fucking idiots or hill snipers.

Wow, I'm constantly amazed at what sort of nonsense people talk on these forums. You do realize it is a SNIPER RIFLE? What do you expect? I think you've watched to many movies and played to many games where people get shot and just 'walk away with a scratch'. Of course sniper rifles are powerful, but are they overpowered? No. They are just as deadly as they should be.

And to say 'they just point at you and you're dead', is just stupid as well. If met enough people who can't shoot for shit. A sniper rifle is only deadly in the hands of someone that can use it properly. Instead of complaining about 'no need for rangefinders' why don't you try and find yourself a Server that has crosshairs disabled? Problem solved! Happy ending.

• Like 1

Maybe just allow the Crowbar or the Hatchet? Shooting weapons are suuuuuch overpowert -.-

And please disable PvP .... and disable Zombies!!

Instead of complaining about 'no need for rangefinders' why don't you try and find yourself a Server that has crosshairs disabled? Problem solved! Happy ending.

Well i am sorry but I love the pvp action, close encounters and such and i can only find that on high populated servers, which are regulars.

Maybe just allow the Crowbar or the Hatchet? Shooting weapons are suuuuuch overpowert -.-

And please disable PvP .... and disable Zombies!!

You, my friend, is a douche. You guys dont get my point do you? a 50.cal rifle is big as fuck. It's not even "ideal" for surviving an zombie apocalypse. It's big, it's heavy.

And people saying that in the hands of a beginner that can't handle a sniper, the as50 isn't dangerous. Well my friends, it is, thanks to the easy handling, or what you can call it.

Actually, getting hit in the toe and instantly dieing is beyond stupid. IRL then you probably have one foot less, but you're still alive, though deadly injured. For balancing reasons for Snipers I would prefer 1shot to the body, broken Legs + unconcious + bleeding + down to like 4k blood if Limbs hit. That way a friend could still help you - if he doesnt get sniped for himself of course. And the noise... Well, supersonic bullets make a lot of noise. So yeah, louder.

Well i am sorry but I love the pvp action, close encounters and such and i can only find that on high populated servers, which are regulars.

Well but that means that most people don't agree with you and would rather have those functions enabled. Your own fault for playing on those servers, which is of course another reason only so few people play on those servers. If everyone goes to the regular servers because they are more populated it's no wonder no one's playing on those true hardcore servers.

You guys dont get my point do you? a 50.cal rifle is big as fuck. It's not even "ideal" for surviving an zombie apocalypse. It's big, it's heavy.

Maybe you should make that more obvious. Because until right now your edit didn't make a whole lot of sense to me and all I saw was 'snipers are op!!! remove them!!!'. If you would make a suggestion to make it louder and handle less easy I could support that. But first you need to clean up that OP and list your complaints and tell us your solutions other than to just simply remove them.

Well but that means that most people don't agree with you and would rather have those functions enabled. Your own fault for playing on those servers, which is of course another reason only so few people play on those servers. If everyone goes to the regular servers because they are more populated it's no wonder no one's playing on those true hardcore servers.

Maybe you should make that more obvious. Because until right now your edit didn't make a whole lot of sense to me and all I saw was 'snipers are op!!! remove them!!!'. If you would make a suggestion to make it louder and handle less easy I could support that. But first you need to clean up that OP and list your complaints and tell us your solutions other than to just simply remove them.

"It feels unrealistic running around with a big ass cannon on your back, with the highest accuracy on the game.

Okej, good point my friend. Just quoted something from my text first though.

Any good solutions? Make them more rare than the FN FAL NV. Make them loud as fuck. And as soon as you have one of them in your hands/back, you are "overencumbered" and can't run that quickly. Though, Still faster than walking.

• Like 1

Eh I think it's only common cus of dupers and hackers. The as50 is only found in crashed helis m107 I think only in military areas which make sense but with little kids thinking there mlg for duping. There's huge amounts ingame which sucks so without them the .50s wouldn't be complained about so much(no offense) but until then 70% or so players including me :D will continue using them.

PS didnt dupe it just saw some noob running with it and attempted to no scope me... 3 in the chest 1 in the head.

The AS50 and M107 require NO SKILL to use. Just put in range, pull trigger. Even if you hit their fucking toe, they're down to -20,000 blood. From FULL HEALTH. It's beyond ridiculous.

Game is full of FPS noobs and failed ARMA players, the reason why these weapons are so strongly defended.

• Like 1

As50 and M107 need to be replaced with M40 and L115A3, it makes absolute sense.

I will keep saying this-

There is no single threat in dayz great enough to justify these weapons being here, all Dayz vehicles are defenceless, vehicles are not a valid reason for having the AS50 unless Rocket is gonna add APC's and tanks which i doubt.

Alt+F4 is not a reason either.

These rifles are acceptable in a military sim, in Dayz they are OP noob crutches.

Edited by Mutagen_7B4
  • Like 2

At least the AS50 is way overpowered, mainly because it makes just a soft "plop" as a sound, which in its volume is comparable to a bubble gum bubble blasting. The gun has obviously an invisible silencer...that is the only explanation! I mean, srsly, talk about realistic simulation and stuff, anyone who has ever fired a .45 revolver knows how f***ing loud it is. This thing should be volume-adjusted and both M107 and AS50 made a little rarer, thats all. If you take them out of the game, next complaints are about DMR and M24. So keep them, and adjust them...

That is true of most advanced optics weapons, that is the entire point of modern optics.

What most people simply don't realize is how rare these guns would be if there wasn't rampant duping.

My personal favourite in that respect is the M107 TWS that was taken out in 1.6. Yes, that gun was "overpowered" and took "no skill", but the thing was, there were less than ten of them -- and we were about 200k players at the time. The reason M107, AS50 and their ammo are common is because they are duped to hell and back. Otherwise, they'd be so rare that people wouldn't even *want* to waste the bullets on just some random guy.

• Like 1

They shouldn't be removed. They should remain rare. If one guy out of 100 had one, no big deal. It's only a problem if that one guy can dupe the shit out of it or some hacker can spawn a ton of them and leave them in a box on sniper hill. We have serious weapon inflation at the moment.

They also should look into a way to stop the retarded loot farming and server hopping. That only inflates the problem, breaks immersion, and should be considered an abuse.

I do agree that both of those weapons are a bit too easy to find, especially when you take Chernarus' fictional location into account.

I personally believe that they should be much harder to find, and that the KSVK should be added in.

Edited by black people