Sign in to follow this  
IncrediBurch

Random Wilderness Item Spawns

A lot of the fun in this game is the random nature of player encounters, loot spawns, and events. What Chernarus sort of lacks is Non-Player driven events. Other than zombies and towns/cities/military bases, there isn't really much in the wilderness that shows other survivors have been making their way through, other than what players put down.

Players like to set up tents and bases in the secluded sections of the map, because that's what smart survivors do. The wooded areas and fields should have a chance of showing supposed survivor activity. I suggest that item spawns be more liberally placed in the field and woods. These would be much rarer than the item spawns of a town or city.

There would be chances of finding random food, guns, ammo, and even set tents that just spawn in the wilderness (I'd prefer the tents to have the same spawn set as deer stands). Such spawn placement could help alleviate player dependency on PK'ing and huttling around cities. Also, random set tents could look the same as player tents, freaking out players because they'll think other people are around, when in reality it's just a random spawn.

Zombies and dead NPC bodies (or dead zombie bodies) could be part of the spawns too. There should be no guarantee of zombie spawns around a tent like deer stands and buildings have.

Random items in the grass might have players going even slower in the wilderness and give some unlucky players a second chance when low on food and water.

• Like 2

I see how this could work. Something similar to the way helicopter crashes are setup. These random spawns could be randomly generated abandoned survivor camps in the woods with tents that could generate certain loot.

we also need bear traps to spawn give over powered players something to cautious i mean who goes through a forest looking for bear traps... no one meaning just about everyone can fall victim to the traps new players to veterans there is no escape from the bear TRAP!

Expanding on the the idea, if difficulty settings are going to be re-instated/improved/continue (not sure what if they officially exist at this point), then perhaps Regular and/or Recruit settings could have no chance of Zombies spawning in the wilderness, while veteran could have a small percentage, and Expert could have a slightly higher percentage to balance the use of safe-zones. Same thought for Burritoman259's idea of active bear traps being in place.

On the harder difficulties, traps, barbed wire, sandbags, and tank traps could be hazards that spawn to mess with players.