fkkeizer

More (useful) vehicles.

A week ago or so, my mates and I found a truck in the quarry. We just finished repairing and wanted to leave when the truck got blown to pieces by a few guys on the rocks behind us, and we couldn't fire back or anything because we couldn't fire our guns(Not that we had time to do that, in this case, though) and were an easy target. That got me thinkin' for a bit:

Now anyone with a reasonable gun shoots a vehicle(except for the huey) on sight if there aren't too many people in it. Because people in the vehicle are vulnerable and first have to get out before they can fire back. Why aren't there any vehicles(boats/land vehicles) that make the others go 'FUCK ITS A ..., HIDE'? I'd love to see (lightly) armored vehicles or vehicles with mounted weapons on them. Ofcourse these would be military-grade and rare, yet a very valuable asset.

These vehicles, and just like other vehicles, could be shot at the tires and come to a standstill. So you won't have a mobile armed death machine driving carelessly around your camp/hideout. It should also have other weak spots, but also be able to fend itself of or pack a punch for longer than the usual car.

Examples for vehicles could be(russian/ukraine or not):

k1SLD.jpg

^Couldn't resize this one for some reason :S

IryDQ.jpg

Aug1G.jpg(can float, too) Haters gonna hate.

jgnsC.jpg

23AhD.jpg

PS: I don't know the names of these vehicles, just some examples of what I had in mind.

PPS: Sorry for any grammatical errors of some sort :P

• Like 2

Another one to add to the list that would be a bit more common I think than the military vehicles as these are quite popular with the taliban etc.

arma2_vehicles_wheeled_Offroad_DSHKM_GUE.jpg

I'd also like to see a mechanic where you're able to shoot out of the vehicles as a passenger in the standalone.

• Like 1

Another one to add to the list that would be a bit more common I think than the military vehicles as these are quite popular with the taliban etc.

arma2_vehicles_wheeled_Offroad_DSHKM_GUE.jpg

I'd also like to see a mechanic where you're able to shoot out of the vehicles as a passenger in the standalone.

Not so sure about the windowed seats, but yeah, people should defo be able to shoot out of (most) vehicles.

Edited by FKGuard
  • Like 1

I second the shooting out of vehicles, and you all have my beans :)

I think shooting out of vehicles is a good idea, however only on certain vehicles. A bus, for instance, should not have that feature, whereas a car should.

Perhaps you can only shoot if you're in the seat across from the driver? Just throwing out suggestions here.

Also, some of the vehicles up top would work, but I agree with Kyzahh, that truck with a machine gun (also known as a technical) would be good to add.

Maybe you could even be able to attach a LMG to the offroad pickup, making a makeshift technical like this?

http://www.kairosautonomi.com/images/Nissan_Truck_Technical.jpg

Just tossing out ideas though.

Why was arma 2 so unpopular, then as soon as someone makes a zombie/survival simulator for it suddenly everyone wants to turn it back into a military sim? If you want military gear go play arma2.

Why was arma 2 so unpopular, then as soon as someone makes a zombie/survival simulator for it suddenly everyone wants to turn it back into a military sim? If you want military gear go play arma2.

I get you point, i bought Arma 2 years before Day z came out but if your playing on a military game and raiding military bases shouldnt there at least be a small chance of getting SPECIAL MILITARY VEHICLES. ALSO id like to point out that the only vehicles in Arma 2 that would fit thoses discriptions are like LAV's with cannons on them so there would have to be major coding (Like making a mod for arma 2 and then compatibilizing(<=====Made up that word it)it with Day z Edited by The Survivor
  • Like 1

I get you point, i bought Arma 2 years before Day z came out but if your playing on a military game and raiding military bases shouldnt there at least be a small chance of getting SPECIAL MILITARY VEHICLES. ALSO id like to point out that the only vehicles in Arma 2 that would fit thoses discriptions are like LAV's with cannons on them so there would have to be major coding (Like making a mod for arma 2 and then compatibilizing(<=====Made up that word it)it with Day z

I'm not saying there shouldn't be military gear in the game, it just makes me laugh that everyone wants day-z to become arma 2 when no one ever really got excited about arma 2 in the first place.

There are military weapons in Dayz, there are humvee wrecks all over the place. And now it's odd that I want more (drive able)military-like/stronger vehicles? :S

Edited by FKGuard
  • Like 1

well. i think that in the standalone. you should be able to "upgrade" things. like putting a grenade launcher on a normal M4. you should be able to do that on a vehicle too. like putting a M249 on the truck and use it.

• Like 1

There are military weapons in Dayz, there are humvee wrecks all over the place. And now it's odd that I want more military-like/stronger vehicles? :S

What's odd is that people want the highly popular mod to be more like the lackluster original game the mod comes from.

What's odd is that people want the highly popular mod to be more like the lackluster original game the mod comes from.

Well I don't want that, however I do find that we lack vehicles which aren't a death trap when you drive them through a town.

I think we should be able to upgrade vehicles in numerous ways, just as an intuitional survivor would. You could modify a normal pick-up truck by combining an LMG with scrap metal and a toolbox (+ a new welding torch maybe) to mount a weapon on the back, creating a technical.

There could be other upgrades like increasing bullet resistance by thickening the bodywork, camo paint/netting, modifiying the engine for performance or fuel efficiency, making it run quieter etc

Edited by Twombly
  • Like 1

I'd like to see an armored vehicle, like an M5 light tank. It should be the same as the Huey (Only one spawn per server) and the parts should be extremely rare. Also it shouldn't have any ammo to start off with, but instead they'd also be extremely rare spawns in military buildings. This would also make the rocket launcher more useful.

There could be other upgrades like increasing bullet resistance by thickening the bodywork, camo paint/netting, modifiying the engine for performance or fuel efficiency, making it run quieter etc

That would be awesome, such as finding them in abandoned garages or find them on other wrecked vehicles (Such as vehicles which you cant use, or used vehicles).

With that in mind, you could also make it that you need a particular NPC to fit it for you, which he is found some random area on the map - such as Balota, Elektro, or Kamenka (Towns), which he has to be saved from and his use is fixing cars. When he dies, he becomes a zombie and then another one of him will randomly appear on the map in a town./deer stand