Sign in to follow this  
zarx

whats with all the desyncing lately?

Like these past 2 or 3 days have been nothing but total desyncs forever... Its so bad the game is unplayable....

HIVE is now integrated with the server. Currently, because of the way it works, the server will stop while it awaits a response from the central server for some queries it makes. So the server simply stops responding to any messages while it is processing a query. Normally, this happens instantly. Sometimes it may take some time, especially if transient internet issues cause connection problems to the central server.

We're working on the issue.

Little side question here, is it the red/orange icon that pops up on the screen sometimes, that tells you if your desynced or not?

To be honest, my Server got desync/lag problems since the vehicles are on it. It's also reproducable. If, for example, i am driving a vehicle all is more or less ok. But if i drive the vehicle into one tree the server produces a LOT of pending messages in the ArmaOAServer.rpt file.

Worst case was that the 'connection lost since xx seconds' counter begun to run, after 15 second and a bunch of player which lost the connection completly, we were able to play again.

P.s.: I have enough Bandwidth (min. guaranteed 10MBit/s, max. 1000MBit/s) but still the Lag Spikes are unbelievable strong.

Good repro

The issue is because on every damage to the vehicle, it is saving updates (with required pauses).

I will address this in the server code files.

It would be great if you can 'stack' the damage information and send them in one package. Like you do with Playerinformation. This would also grant you the option to 'load balance' connection to the mainserver, if less actions have to be saved, they can be send immediatly. If more, they will send with 1 second delay or sth like that.

Just thought I'd pop in and say that I've noticed this as well. Seems to be worse during the evenings (GMT+2).

Yesterday I measured the lag with my friends on teamspeak.

Three of us in remote area 1.5k south of Devils Castle.

We all crouched and stand up on count to 3.

Difference before we saw each other standing up:

28 seconds :( (that's right, twenty eight)

Completely unplayable, indeed. :-/

Why is the stuff being sent to the hive server synchronous? Just fire and forget, let the master server sort it out on its own.

yeah terrible desync's especially when eu and usa prime time gaming overlap.

From about 6pm Uk time it's pretty bad.

The fps lag is something else though, was great in 1.6.

P.s

Please fix heli's for servers when you have the chance, all ours have gone completly, despawned.

The game has been completely unplayable for my friends and I for a few days. It has been nonstop desyncing for hours. We tried to play through it but it has been really frustrating. Ended up dying several times in silly ways to other players teleporting and taking clips to the head. I hope this is high up on the to do list :) Cheers.

Completely unplayable' date=' indeed. :-/

Why is the stuff being sent to the hive server synchronous? Just fire and forget, let the master server sort it out on its own.

[/quote']

Stuff being sent aint, stuff that is grabbed is.

Rocket' date=' call on MH6 to get some insight on your problems.

[/quote']

Now THAT is some solid advice :)

Do we have an ETA on the patch to solve these issues?

Fucking, never

I don't think your centralized system is working out too well. I really think a decentralized system would work better. Cheaters are gonna cheat. People are hacking the centralized system already. A decentralized system would work better. Cue the flamers. All you really need is to authenticate a user, not authenticate every change in inventory. You can still ban people.

I hope they can make the centralized system work though if at all possible. I don't mind if it takes time, I just want the cheaters, disconnecters, server hoppers etc. gone.

I am pretty sure some people are also abusing the ping/desyncs right now with programs. I've seen some people join a server with 100k desync and it never goes away and they get kicked and it all clears up. People are clearly abusing the system to gain an advantage over others.

soo yea max desync all time our group spend 2 hours ingame chilling.

we would get dropped if we tried to play in this current state.

the current state of the game is unplayable. It is alpha i guess, and experimenting is fine. But if it blows up in your face please assure the players you are working on it. Maybe a expected fix date ?

:(:(

It truly is unplayable at the moment. Good luck on fixing the problem though!

yeah, my buddies don't even try and meet up anymore as it's too frustrating trying to follow anyone. Inventory is lagging so bad that half the time you don't know if you picked up the item or not. Then the mass disconnect and try another server happens in effort to find a non lag server. I'm not sure but that can't be good for the matter server right? But so far all the servers I've been trying are doing the same thing.

Knowing rockets history in fixing things you gotta know that this is one of his main priorities (now that he has his laptop back)